Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Highway Pegs  (Read 1973 times)

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Highway Pegs
« on: December 05, 2005, 10:25:08 PM »

Waiting for my Autumn Haze to arrive in the Spring and thinking about accessories.  I'm coming off a Road King Classic. Can anyone give me any suggestions on what will work the best for highway pegs on an Ultra with the fairings?  I'm 5'10".  Thanks.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Highway Pegs
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 10:30:40 PM »

Waiting for my Autumn Haze to arrive in the Spring and thinking about accessories.  I'm coming off a Road King Classic. Can anyone give me any suggestions on what will work the best for highway pegs on an Ultra with the fairings?  I'm 5'10".  Thanks.

A few pics and some discussion in this thread: http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1127951746

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 10:48:43 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  HD does now make foot pegs in the Stealth Collections.  Those are the pegs I would go with.  More interested in the mounts and what both works and looks the best.

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 08:33:01 AM »

I tried a couple on my '04 Ultra so already had what I wanted for the '06.  I got the ones pic'd below with the Stealth pegs on.  I'm 5'11" with 32" inseam, these are adjustable and work perfect for me.

Tried the short and long of these, but just couldn't get the angle right with the lowers in place.  Took both sets back, you can even see it in the pic, they just don't angle the pegs right for the rider.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 09:52:14 AM »

If you are looking for something other then H-D I have these on my  [smiley=pumpkin.gif]. They are Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3251 I'm about 6'3", but these have the ability to be adjusted to fit your height. Only thing I would recommend is that however you mount them (or any peg that has an offset) check for clearance when leaning. I had a friend that mounted these on his '03 SERK and found out at the wrong time that he had them mounted to low  :'( He ended up with a nice strawberry on his lower leg. He learned two good lessons on that day...

1. No matter how close the ride is to your home, always, always wear long pants  :-[

2. There is truth to the statement "There are only two types of riders. Those that have been down, and those that are going down".  :(

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 10:00:12 AM »

Here is a pic of the stealth peg, I am 5'11" and this combinations works fine for me:

If you need the HD Part #'s see my Homepage, listed above in top right hand
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 10:02:45 AM by jeffj »

06 Blk Crimson

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 10:12:05 AM »

I went with the Stealth Collection and the billet arms from HD I have the part number at home, I am 5'10 with 34 inseam they work great for me..  
06 Blk Crimson charcoal Slate
Rinehart True Duals
SE Race tunner
Dyno'ed 97.0 HP 99.1 lbs of TQ
lots of Chrome lol
2002 Custom Indian Chief

J.J.

• Full CVO Member
  • If you can accept losing, you can't win
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 10:29:58 AM »

Thanks for the reply.  HD does now make foot pegs in the Stealth Collections.  Those are the pegs I would go with.  More interested in the mounts and what both works and looks the best.

I am 5' 9" and I have the short mounts 50924-03A and the Stealth pegs.  They seem to ride fine although I have about 30 miles on them and am not done adjusting them.  I will try and get some pics posted.  
2006 Black and Slate
SE Stage 1
Rinehart True Duals
HD Race Tuner
99.8HP 103TQ

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 20 queries.