Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Why did you buy a CVO  (Read 25637 times)

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
Re: Why did you buy a CVO
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2009, 01:34:09 AM »

This is not my bike or did I take the pic, I found it on this board. But it is my bike of choice, I should have it sometime in October. One thing I will say that I really enjoy being part of this elite group of riders. I'm very proud to be one of the 2,400 owners of a 2010 SEUC. Come on October :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange:
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

Jon Seddon

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4 - Big Bertha
    • CVO2: Non CVO - Softail Deluxe (wife's) lady lou
    • CVO3: Non CVO - Triumph T160 Trident/Ducati 900ss (I hope)
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 02:51:05 AM »

I had an FXRS low rider sport some years ago and regretted not getting something more "over the top".  I'd got sick of hyper bikes and wanted to take more pleasure out of my riding. Decided that an Ultra was for me since it was the top of the range "normal" Harley, but wasn't that keen on the colours.

Then I looked and saw the Twlight Blue and Silver CVO SEUC4 fell in love, I ignored the price and signed up for a 5 month wait.

Jon

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2009, 07:29:38 AM »

The mistaken belief that HD could make an engine that is nothing more than a slightly modified version of what they've been selling for over ten years.

The mistaken belief that HD would take some pride in and responsibility for what is supposed to be their premium line.

The mistaken belief that I wouldn't have to change much on this one to make it function correctly.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2009, 08:18:56 AM »

The mistaken belief that HD could make an engine that is nothing more than a slightly modified version of what they've been selling for over ten years.

The mistaken belief that HD would take some pride in and responsibility for what is supposed to be their premium line.

The mistaken belief that I wouldn't have to change much on this one to make it function correctly.

Oooh (buzzer sounds)!!! Sorry Gecko, but thanks for playing!!! On to the next sucka!!! :o ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BMF-110

• " Ride Loud, Ride Proud "
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "Guess where"

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 SERT V&H Big Radius-SERT-Bags- Seat
    • CVO2: 1997 FXSTSB Too many things to mention
    • CVO3: 1982 XLCH Hardtail-Stretched&Lowered
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2009, 08:25:40 AM »

In 1997 I was in the process of building a hardtail from the ground up and was picking up some misc. parts from the Napoleon Harley Davidson including a bare springer front end, I had drawings sketches and the whole 9 yards so the picture was branded in my brain, springs, rear end, fenders and color all ready and transforming quickly on the frame table, real motivation in the project ya know !  
   So I'm standing their and  look to my right and seriously my jaw hit the deck, their she was my dream bike was sitting there, a 1997 FXSTSB  Bad-Boy!!!  I walked over to the bike and Mike said nice is'nt she I couldnt speak at first, then I noticed the do not touch and a sold sign on the bars, I was bummed. They just set it out the day before and come to find out that people were asking sooo many questions that he was sick of it and put a sold sign on it thinking it would mellow out the normal jaw jackers he said sit on it and I made the mistake, !/2 hr later I'm test driving it down the river road twisting turning, went back called the wife she drove the 45 mins. and her reaction was the same, and we rode the bike home.. Made her my own pipes, cam, carb, hyper charger etc.
     So in 2007 this sh-t happened lost 11 bikes and a 1969 fully restored Firebird 400 big block tools all a man cave crap collected all my life, so start over!!!!

So here we are again in Toledo this time at  Signature Harley Davidson with the wife shopping for a scoot,heard they had a 1997 decked out Bad-Boy for 11,000.00, cool Im thinking, we walked through the front door and they had just put an Emerald green Springer on the turnstyle the day before.the wife and I took 1 look at eachother and nodded that same nod (kind of spooky) no words said. I asked the salesman to please take my bike off of the turn style I don't like the look of the chinsey thing, he laughed thinking I was a normal dream catcher with big wishes and he looked at my wifes and my stern expression and I could see it in his eyes (Big fish on).
      We left with the Bike, SERT and dyno time, Sundowner seat ordered, awesone bags for the long hauls, Oil pressure guage, temperature dipstick, Hot toppers for the rest of the unchromed fastners a case of oil and 2 oil filters!

And after the paperwork was done, got 20% off all the sh-t and paying actual MSRP, had it marked $27,999.00
the guy says you can pick out a "T" shirt on the house, WOW, so my wife pickes out a $100.00 nice shirt as did I and they were trying to say no way and finally the salesman pulles out his own credit card and buys them for us! What crap but well worth it!!
"Courage is fear that has said its prayers"

BMF-110

• " Ride Loud, Ride Proud "
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "Guess where"

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 SERT V&H Big Radius-SERT-Bags- Seat
    • CVO2: 1997 FXSTSB Too many things to mention
    • CVO3: 1982 XLCH Hardtail-Stretched&Lowered
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2009, 08:29:01 AM »

Sorry this is what was left of my Baby for now, pic didnt post
"Courage is fear that has said its prayers"

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2009, 10:25:04 AM »

Ditto. I bought mine for all the same reasons as everyone else.  2007 wasn't a good year for cranks, head gaskets, switches, pulleys, wheels, etc. So as the Terminator would say, "We got a diworce" Sometimes "special" and "limited edition" and "VIN restricted" can be a bad thing.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Dracula

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2009, 11:55:01 AM »

Love at first sight when I saw the O/B SERG! 

:vampire:

DanM

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2009, 12:56:28 PM »

Probably the number one reason I purchased a CVO was cost. I’m not content riding a stock bike because of looks and/or performance. By the time one purchases a non-CVO, adds all the chrome, adds all the electronics, and increases the engine to an 113ci or greater you’ve basically purchased a CVO. And I believe that a CVO will hold its value over a highly customized standard bike. How do I know… been there done that.

Ultra Villa

• Full CVO Member
    • NJ

• CVO1: 14 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 13 FLHX
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »

Much the same, I spent close to 10k on cosmetic upgrades on my '04 Wideglide, loved it, but the end was not in sight.  I love the fact that the CVO's come with lots of goodies, there is always room for more stuff, but generally good to go as is.  I also really enjoy the elite nature of the group. 

Just seems to make sense to me, spend the money up front, be happy, rather than always wishing you had done it, and spend the money later anyway.  Besides, I have a great wife that agrees with my philosophy. :2vrolijk_21:
Live for today, for yesterday is already gone and tomorrow may never come.

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2009, 01:59:53 PM »

I wanted a new touring model with ABS whenthey came out on the '08s.  My wife suggested the SEUC becasue the payments on it where less then the payments on a standard plus what I spent each month to get the next set of must have chrome or do-dads.  I love my wife.

I never would have bought one if I'd read all the troubles they have first.

But I must say, I've been lucky.  Other then the failing heated grips my bike has been very reliable and trouble free.  So I got lucky and am very glad I have it.  Plus it let me make a whole lot of friends on the forums here and then get abused by those very same friends!  :2vrolijk_21:  :D

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

sullyboo

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 fxdse2
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2009, 10:00:56 PM »

Mine was love at first sight. I was looking for a Night Train and saw it. I figured no way I could afford that. One week later my wife need a pair of boots so off to the HD dealer. As soon as we walked in, there sat the bike in red color and I told her that is the one I would like but in blue but I told her I was just dreaming. That was on a Sunday and on Tuesday I came home from work, opened the garage and there it sat. She said it was an early birthday gift. She did not see me very much for the next week.
Sullyboo

Bandit4142

• Full CVO Member
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Scorcher
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 - Titanium
    • CVO3: 2009 FLSTFSE3
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 10:31:20 PM »

At the Laughlin Rally this Spring, I was riding my Blackcherry '05 RG and decided that it was time to buy a new '09 before they Road Glides disappeared.   Got home, made a buddy a screamin' deal on my '05 went to the dealer and quickly started building my dream black pearl '09 FLTR....   They had a silver FLTRSE3 sitting there on the floor so me and the parts guys kept going to the SERG and picking out parts for my new bike (just about everything a SERG had), and a 103 kit....  suddenly the bike I couldn't afford (the FLTRSE3) was cheaper then the bike I could afford, the standard FLTR.    With all the SE parts added to a base FLTR, the 103 kit, and the labor to install everything, a base model FLTR exceeded $33k....   Keep in mind, I hadn't figured in labor, I had assumed I was only going to hit MAYBE $25-$26k, wow was I wrong.    That's when the wife showed up.   She asked why the bike had gotten so expensive, so I explained everything, including the fact that her dumbass husband hadn't figured all the little stuff in or the labor....   She then took a look at the SERG and asked why I didn't just buy the one with everything already on it?   Sales manager walks over and says he'd work with me on the price of the SERG, ended up buying my Silver SERG for $29,100 out the door and done.    My wife simply smiled and pointed out that since I had quit smoking 3 months prior, that she felt I deserved the SERG and that if I ever lit another cigarette again....  she'd light my bike on fire, end of story.   I'm still not smoking and I'm averaging 1500 miles a month on the SERG.   Pretty easy trade in my mind. 
V&H Power Duals, CFR's - basically stock

baddog652

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCUI W/ SE103 & SE 6 SPEED
    • CVO2: 2003 FLSCTI
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2009, 08:25:10 AM »

I took a 2005 FLHTCUI and $15,000 later I have a bike unlike all the other in my color. I would love to have a CVO Ultra but when you go to Bikeweek you see two dozen just like it. I ride with a guy that owns a silver SERG and I see them everywhere. It is a gorgeous bike and I would love to own it but I like it to be my bike. I will agree however that I will NEVER get my money back like you would with a CVO but I can say "I built it my way". Someday I'll own a CVO when I can get one without having to sell my Ultra and I hope that day is soon.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 05:24:21 PM by baddog652 »

emt364

• CVO1: 2009 Road glide
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2009, 08:33:27 PM »

All the answers have been posted. I had an 06 Streetglide, had put several more thousand into it. A young lady backed up on me at a stop light and smashed the front fender of the SG. Was at the dealer talking about the repair cost and time factor. Started talking about trading in on new SG. Salesman and I walked up to the building where they keep new bikes ready to go to the floor. Was looking at a new SG when I noticed the silver SERG in the corner. End of story, called the wife, called the credit union and picked the new RG up two days later.
Mickey Harler
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 24 queries.