Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Rossmeyer gone but not forgotten  (Read 2051 times)

BADBAGG

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B D& D Fat Cat , SE 259E Cams , High Compression Pistons , TTS Mastertune, Yaffe Monkeys bars , Yaffe Monkey engine guard , Kenwood DVD/CD radio 650 watts 7 speakers. C & C solo seat , Motorcycle Armor, Klock Werks 8" windsheild,30 tooth pulley
Rossmeyer gone but not forgotten
« on: September 07, 2009, 09:11:43 PM »

:o :o Spent the weekend in Daytona for my wifes birthday. Had a bunch of friends with me was a great time. while at Rossmeyers my friend tried to trade in his 2005 Fat Bagger Road Glide (beautiful bike ) on a new 09 serg o/b. Here was the deal the offered him. 14k trade in for his bike and 39,900.00 for their bike. Typical story about buying from another dealer blah blah blah. I guess Bruce's leagacy will live on ??? I know their of some of you who like Rossmeyers, and this is not meant to offend anyone. Just wanted to share the arrogance of this dealer. As we were leaving he promised he would have no problem selling the bike for 40k..... I sure hope he is wrong  :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
Re: Rossmeyer gone but not forgotten
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 09:32:03 PM »

I agree with the dealer, some one will come along and write the check!
Here in Wisconsin, some of the dealers are offering $3k off the msrp.
Maybe people in Florida, don't know how to shop, or don't care.
The "TAZMUN"

JohnT.

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3 ; '08 White
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 09:42:04 PM »

I'm sure there is someone out there that will give him what he wants.. There is always somebody who has more money than brains. I'm sure that's the type person he's looking for. I know those type of dealers.. They hord all of the special bikes that come in, then try to sell them later for an aronious price. Those are the type of dealers that IF I walk in their store, I walk right out, EMPTY HANDED..

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 12:26:52 AM »

I'm very glad you and buddy walked out. This dealership pisses me off, I had dealers trying to do the same thing to me and I walked out too. I wish more riders would do the same but as Tazmun and JohnT said someone will pay that so dealers will keep turning on us the riders that keep them in business. So sad  :(
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

Jon Seddon

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4 - Big Bertha
    • CVO2: Non CVO - Softail Deluxe (wife's) lady lou
    • CVO3: Non CVO - Triumph T160 Trident/Ducati 900ss (I hope)
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 02:54:39 AM »

In the UK my dealer and most dealers will give you 20% off list for parts etc (I think it may be part of the HOG deal).  Tried that when I was in Florida at Rossmeyers and Naples - no chance.

Jon

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 04:58:58 AM »

Here's a question for you....

Say you bought the bike for 39,000 then 2 months later you traded it in to the same dealer........you think you'll get any more then 30,000........

Come on this dealership is out of control!!!!!

I have been there, and I laugh at his prices on CVO bikes. $48,000 for 09 SEUC GET REAL.

But....... for some reason people do pay. As stated more money then brains. I wish I had that problem.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

jettjocky

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 0/B 09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 10:11:08 AM »

I marked off ever buying anything from him after seeing the SERG3 for sale from him last Daytona for $ 44,900.00,  He is the very type of dealer that MOCO needs to DUMP.
10.5 SE pistons, roller rocker arms, Headquarters  575 cams, SE push rods. 100 HP. 119 lbs. torque Progressive F/R

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 10:59:05 AM »

I tried to buy a bike from him and he was an @$#^%$#@.
Bill

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 11:01:08 AM »

I tried to buy a bike from him and he was an @$#^%$#@.

Add an "s" to the end and you have decribed the Dealership as a whole.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 11:13:58 AM »

Here's a question for you....

Say you bought the bike for 39,000 then 2 months later you traded it in to the same dealer........you think you'll get any more then 30,000........

Come on this dealership is out of control!!!!!

I have been there, and I laugh at his prices on CVO bikes. $48,000 for 09 SEUC GET REAL.

But....... for some reason people do pay. As stated more money then brains. I wish I had that problem.
Good point and lets say that there is a insurance claim if stolen, do you think that they will pay more than blue book, hell no. Everyone need to take there business to other dealers. What a a$$.
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 11:19:51 AM »

This spring we stopped at the HD dealer in southern Miami, and across the street was a billboard
with his picture on it, saying "get the best deal at Rossmeyer's"! Pretty bad, when another dealer
has the BA hockey sticks to advertise right across the street from your dealership. I guess he
was trying to buy him out too!
The "TAZMUN"

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 12:52:30 PM »

Well it may shock you but I have known some of the family for over 10 years. When he passed away I decided to go down and do some business with them out of respect. However, I was not able to get to MSRP on the cash deal I was attempting to do either.

So in the end we are still personal friends.  But I know I won't be able to do a deal on a bike there either. Now parts and accessories you can do deals up to 20% off on many occasions but that is getting to be rather commonplace.

I am getting to like the internet more and more because you avoid the sales tax component......for now.

Excessive pricing--Well that is a function of Economics 101--supply and demand. They now have the supply and the demand is either there in a few cases right now OR it soon will be when BIKETOBERFEST starts. I mean you talk abut crazy. I'll bet they have NO CVO bikes left at any price after the event. The Europeans come over and buy them all, ride around in the nice Florida weather and ship them hope at the end.

They sold 20 plus Street Glides last Bike Week at premium prices and still had people wanting them. Not a bad business model if you can get away with it. 

jettjocky

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 0/B 09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 03:01:13 PM »

Well that has to be the explaination on how he stays in business,  the Europeans,  I am very confident MOCO people read these posts, my opinion has not changed, dealerships like his, (former car salemen) MOCO needs to dump dump dump. )  I also  know, for a fact, that is what the dealers of many years are telling MOCO management, now will they listen?????
10.5 SE pistons, roller rocker arms, Headquarters  575 cams, SE push rods. 100 HP. 119 lbs. torque Progressive F/R

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 03:34:40 PM »

they are getting more realistic on parts,,, said thy would give me 20% off to keep me buying..  however bikes are another story.   there are 2 o/b 09 serg in ft laud,,,   who knows what they will do.. most likely nothing,,   oh well   what else is new?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 07:14:15 PM by cvostu »

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 04:23:13 PM »

they are getting more realisic on parts,,, said thy would give me 20% off to keep me buying..  however bikes are another story.   there are 2 o/b 09 serg in ft laud,,,   who knows what they will do.. most likely nothing,,   oh well   what else is new?

You can get 20% off parts from several dealerships out there, in fact some offer free shipping if you spend over X $$$  :nixweiss:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 24 queries.