Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: HOLY CHIT Howie is SELLING a BIKE -- What Should He Get Next??  (Read 4497 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
HOLY CHIT Howie is SELLING a BIKE -- What Should He Get Next??
« on: September 14, 2009, 12:16:27 PM »

He's selling the Pro Street.  He'll have to replace it.  Since we love him SOOOOOO much we need to offer guidance on the replacement.

I know he's at least casually interested in the Classic SERGs, the old FXRD or RTs (nostalgia piece for the stable) and the blue FXDWG currently is inciting a little chubby.  But what else?  There's still that Thruxton toy bike without a clutch he was interested in too.

Poll will be added on to as good ideas emerge.  It might be changed after the fact just to screw with Howie more. 

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Re: HOLY CHIT Howie is SELLING a BIKE -- What Should He Get Next??
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 12:18:11 PM »

i think howie would look real cool on a topper!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 12:19:23 PM »

i think howie would look real cool on a topper!

Let's be real.  The bike might look cool.  But this is Howie we're talking about ::) .

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 12:20:16 PM »

He's selling the Pro Street.  He'll have to replace it.  Since we love him SOOOOOO much we need to offer guidance on the replacement.

I know he's at least casually interested in the Classic SERGs, the old FXRD or RTs (nostalgia piece for the stable) and the blue FXDWG currently is inciting a little chubby.  But what else?  There's still that Thruxton toy bike without a clutch he was interested in too.

Poll will be added on to as good ideas emerge.  It might be changed after the fact just to screw with Howie more. 

It's BLACK dammit, not blue! And it's a FXDWGSE!!! ;)

Fix that poll, huh! And can I vote for more than one? ::) ;D :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 12:22:49 PM »

And it's a FXDWGSE!!! ;)

Fix that poll, huh! And can I vote for more than one? ::) ;D :2vrolijk_21:

Actually it's not.  Its nomenclature would be FXDWG3.  No SE.  If you don't know what it is you can't have it.  Coming out of the poll :huepfenlol2: .

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 12:26:27 PM »

Thruxton.  
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 12:38:09 PM »

Actually it's not.  Its nomenclature would be FXDWG3.  No SE.  If you don't know what it is you can't have it.  Coming out of the poll :huepfenlol2: .

Technically you are correct. I was pointing out that it's NOT blue, and that it's an CVO bike, NOT a regular peasant's model!!! And whether it's in the poll or not, will not sway my decision one way or another!!! But I am leaning toward that Big Wheel! Mattel makes a hell of a bike!!! :P ::) :D :D :D ;)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 12:38:13 PM »

Twolane is right the Switchblades are not SE's. They were pre-SE motor enhancement program bikes - which makes them more reliable I believe. You won't find hundreds of threads with endless posts of weeping and gnashing of teeth about oil leaks, overheating, poor quality this or that. Switchblades just run. Reliably and hopefully for a long long time! They also look great!

Now mine happens to have been upgraded to the SE95 motor which makes it faster ("a good 0-100 bike" is the quote I prefer) and since it is red, it is faster still.

I think Hoist would look great on a black FXDWG3 and I am sure he would put something worthy of SE designation between his legs, even if it had S&S etched on it.

I too was surprised to see him express interest in the WG3 posted for sale on another thread as my color monitor clearly showed it was blue in color. You have to realize that Hoist only has a black and white monitor from the early '90's (although it is souped up with a blazingly fast graphics card made by S&S) so he may have thought it was black.

Looking forward to seeing where all this leads.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 12:41:55 PM by Buy early »

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 12:39:32 PM »

Actually, the '73-'76 model year Big Wheels had a big problem with the front wheels overheating and flat spotting whenever you did power skids.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 12:45:14 PM »

I too was surprised to see him express interest in the WG3 posted for sale on another thread as my color monitor clearly showed it was blue in color.

We should be nice and not mention that he's blind as a freaking bat so can't see what he's buying anyway. We should.  We should. But we won't :drink: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 12:47:25 PM »

Actually, the '73-'76 model year Big Wheels had a big problem with the front wheels overheating and flat spotting whenever you did power skids.

I remember finding out once in about 1966 (and again in 67 and again later in 67 or early 68) that their axles and wheels won't stand up to an after ramp landing placed on a downhill slope.  Hopefully Mattel has beefed up the suspension since then.  Progressives?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 12:47:35 PM »

Yes, and the results of this are sometimes tragic.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 12:48:46 PM »

I think Howie should get a Mountain Bike...I know there are no mountains in New Yawk City, but he could split lanes, ride on the sidewalks, and generally terrify pedestrians by jumping curbs, etc.  And he could have a 28 speed transmission!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 12:51:02 PM »

I think Howie should get a Mountain Bike...I know there are no mountains in New Yawk City, but he could split lanes, ride on the sidewalks, and generally terrify pedestrians by jumping curbs, etc.  And he could have a 28 speed transmission!

HeHe!!! I do that NOW Terry! And I have 26 gears already!!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 12:58:06 PM »

iski - clearly you must realize that the vehicle in the Youtube video is not a Mattel Big Wheel (looks like a rice burner to me) but some shallow attempt at a cheap copy.

The Center of Gravity on the Big Wheel was located well below the Axis of Evil which would prevent this type of accident. Big Wheels did suffer from a few other maladies though, the previously mentioned front wheel flat spotting, occasional severe pedal over-rotational torque shearing, the poor ergonomic consideration for BSR's and the unfortunate routing of the exhaust directly into the driver's left nostril. Most of these problems were addressed in later year models. Unfortunately, Mattel's brief experiment with the creation of the CTO division (Custom Trike Operations) and the introduction of the Screaming Turtle powertrain created exhorbitant business losses as well as numerous wrongful skinned knee lawsuits, forcing them to scuttle the entire operation.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 24 queries.