Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: What are your "map-targets" ?  (Read 1751 times)

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
What are your "map-targets" ?
« on: October 04, 2009, 01:41:01 PM »

Mine are AFR was set in 250rpm increments from 1500 - 3000 rpm then in 500 rpm segments from 3000 - 5000 rpm. Target was 14.1 to 3500; 13.6 @ 4000; 13.3 at 4500 and 5000. Idle is set at 1000 rpm with an AFR of 13.9.

I saw this post here and asked me if you all have nearly the same targets ?
 Would you please post your targets here ?
And tell whether they are good .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: What are your "map-targets" ?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 04:32:23 PM »

The tuner you are using please? The hardware?
It matters but throttle opening (TMax) or MAP pressure (SERT TTS) are large determiners in this formula.

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 05:51:34 PM »

I was playing with my data logging on the SEST the other week and saw mine as low as 12.5 during WOT.   I'll be the first to admit that there are too many variables and parameters for me to understand whats going on in the ECM.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 09:10:00 PM »

Pretty hard to know the actuals without running it on a dyno with good AFR monitoring equipment.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 12:07:47 AM »

I was playing with my data logging on the SEST the other week and saw mine as low as 12.5 during WOT.   I'll be the first to admit that there are too many variables and parameters for me to understand whats going on in the ECM.

The motor co. always runs a very rich top end fuel to protect the engine from over heating and seizure at WOT. The SEST also doesn't give you control over the Power Enrichment look-up table (like the TTS does) so no mater what you put in the AFR table at 100% throttle it will always be on the rich side.
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 01:41:47 AM »

I will get the Supertuner ( but i did not know that this is important for the AFR-targets , sorry ).
The harley-dealer technician will do it and he told me that he will want to set the maps on AFR 13 and then reactivate the O2 sensors after the dyno-runs ( he will need 3-4 hours , he said ) , it seems to me that he has knowledge about what he will do but i cannot estimate , and i can`t find an option because he will keep warranty and told that harley will keep it too . Hope it will work .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 02:48:12 PM »

Mine are AFR was set in 250rpm increments from 1500 - 3000 rpm then in 500 rpm segments from 3000 - 5000 rpm. Target was 14.1 to 3500; 13.6 @ 4000; 13.3 at 4500 and 5000. Idle is set at 1000 rpm with an AFR of 13.9.

I saw this post here and asked me if you all have nearly the same targets ?
 Would you please post your targets here ?
And tell whether they are good .

These numbers are from my post. Dyno tune was done with a SERT by my dealer.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 03:25:29 PM »

My "map target" is to make each cell as EFFIECIENT as it can be, and thereby making the engine run most efficiently at all operating ranges. That should always be the goal, except VERY FEW tuners use this method. Kinda scary actually that most don't. Who cares what the AFR is? The engine sure don't care, as long as it's tuned to optimum effieciency, give it what it wants!!! ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 03:51:03 PM »

My "map target" is to make each cell as EFFIECIENT as it can be, and thereby making the engine run most efficiently at all operating ranges. That should always be the goal, except VERY FEW tuners use this method. Kinda scary actually that most don't. Who cares what the AFR is? The engine sure don't care, as long as it's tuned to optimum effieciency, give it what it wants!!! ;)

And just how do you do this method your talking about?
Doc's Performance Tuning

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 03:54:56 PM »

And just how do you do this method your talking about?

With a 4-gas exhaust analyzer hooked up to a Factory Pro dynamometer and software. ;)

Factory Pro

« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 04:01:27 PM by Hoist! »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 09:56:41 PM »

With a 4-gas exhaust analyzer hooked up to a Factory Pro dynamometer and software. ;)

Factory Pro

OH PLEASE...... ::)
Doc's Performance Tuning

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 10:21:00 PM »

If you're following this thread, but perhaps missed earlier posts of mine, here's the dyno chart...

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 08:23:57 AM »

OH PLEASE...... ::)

Another brainwashed satisfied Dynojet fan I see! ::)

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 10:27:05 AM »

:D....has nothing to do with a dyno....duh!....... :D  :D  :D
Doc's Performance Tuning

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 11:35:25 AM »

I don't know about brainwashed, but I AM satisfied. The bike runs great and gets about 40MPG. Torque and HP are good enough for me considering I just did the fullsac 2.0" and had them remove the cat from the headpipe. More in there, I'm sure, but it would take more money to get it...
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 20 queries.