Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What Tuner can I use for my '09 FXDFSE Fat Bob  (Read 2212 times)

dragon35s

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
What Tuner can I use for my '09 FXDFSE Fat Bob
« on: October 14, 2009, 09:56:02 AM »

Hey guys I need a little Help here. This is what I am doing. around the first of the year.

1. buying and installing BUB Lakesters 2-1 pipes as I want to keep the look of the stock pipes on the Fat Bob just want to keep that look.

2. need to get a tuner but am unsure on which one I can get for my bike. I have a friend that says to go with the TTS Master Tune, but I have never done tuning, and am unsure if I want to, or to go with the Autotuner so that I just set it close and then it contunes to tune the bike. I am not going to be racing or anything like that just riding and just looking to have a cool (temp) ride.

3. I only have about $2000 to spend total this includes a sissy bar and pad for the wife.

Thanks in advanced

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: What Tuner can I use for my '09 FXDFSE Fat Bob
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 10:10:30 AM »

Hey guys I need a little Help here. This is what I am doing. around the first of the year.

1. buying and installing BUB Lakesters 2-1 pipes as I want to keep the look of the stock pipes on the Fat Bob just want to keep that look.

2. need to get a tuner but am unsure on which one I can get for my bike. I have a friend that says to go with the TTS Master Tune, but I have never done tuning, and am unsure if I want to, or to go with the Autotuner so that I just set it close and then it contunes to tune the bike. I am not going to be racing or anything like that just riding and just looking to have a cool (temp) ride.

3. I only have about $2000 to spend total this includes a sissy bar and pad for the wife.

Thanks in advanced

Go for the TTS if you have someone that is familar.  any tuners close by ?  go them a cal or visit them and ask. if al elese fails  you can do a pc. but the tuner has or should know how to use it.    just find a place that Dyno tunes and ask

dragon35s

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 11:19:12 AM »

yeah I am in Hawaii and have one person that I work with that has a TTS for his SERK. I had a PC for my Street Bob and never found a good map. but will try things out.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 11:59:49 AM »

:drink: :drink:

I think the TTS Mastertune is a good solution.  However, I have the PC V with Autotune from Fuel Moto and am very satisfied and would not change.  I know you have to change out the NB sensors to the WB but in my experience that is the best part.  My mileage went up from the stock HD configuration and the AFR is set around 13.8.  I know that Steve at Full Sac has a great reputation and I would consider his solution now. 

That said, from a pure engineering perspective, using WB sensors allows for more control.  Also, the PC V allows you to have a performance map and a high mileage map that can be switched with a rocker switch on the bike.  Pretty cool.

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

dragon35s

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 10:46:01 AM »

I don't know about the new power commander V. How does it keep up I had a PCIII for my Street Bob and accedently got it wet and there went the bike. how does the new power commander hold up when washing the bike? Also what do you think about the Thunder MAX with Auto Tune?

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 11:57:17 AM »

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Had the Thundermax on the 07 SEUSE and it was great.

Thundermax didn't have a 09 solution so I went with the PC V.  Bike has been washed numerous times and ridden for 6 hours in a steady downpour with no issues.

Nice thing abou the PC V, if it dies unplug it and the stock ECM will take over and run at 12.5 AFR until you get it home.  The HD ECM thinks the NB sensors have failed and will run the bike rich (or so I have been told).

2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 1999 Road King

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 07:46:17 PM »

The HD ECM does not fail safe to a fixed AFR value when the sensors are off line. It just runs in open loop mode.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 08:09:09 PM »

:drink: :drink:

And I am assuming that is actually better. 

Former 1999 Road King

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 11:53:30 AM »

That all depends on what the learned values were at when things were disconnected.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 24 queries.