Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Problems and Issues with the 2010 SG  (Read 29798 times)

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
Re: Problems and Issues with the 2010 SG
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2009, 11:07:05 AM »

HD Dude
(Jim)
 Metal Dragon
22336 Meekland Ave
Hayward, CA 94541-4992
(510) 885-9471

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Old Harley Dude

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE, Spiced Rum
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2009, 12:01:45 PM »

:orange: :mango: :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper:
Thanks Marty.

OHD

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2009, 12:28:50 PM »

Stock seat's the best stock seat I've had.Would keep it if I didn't want a solo seat.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2009, 01:03:40 PM »

I have to agree the stock SESG seat a verycomfortable seat.  I did a 360 mile day trip on the SESG and the only thing I wished I would have had was a back rest.  I've since added the SESG back rest and am very happy.  Dealer took care of the gap issue and I'm a happy camper now.  For what Corbin charges for their seats, it's not worth changing, IMO. (And yes, I have ridden with a Corbin saddle before...they don't impress me, actually like the Mustangs better, and for all-day riding on a touring machine, you can't beat the HD Road Zepplin air seat (now if they could only heat that bad boy.))
:devil:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 01:07:01 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Old Harley Dude

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE, Spiced Rum
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2009, 01:20:11 PM »

I agree that the SESG seat is comfortable. I have a LR as well and ride a solo Mustang.  I like that seat as well. 
I haven't noticed any gap yet but can see how it might happen.  What do the dealers do to "fix it"?

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2009, 01:45:28 PM »

I have to agree the stock SESG seat a verycomfortable seat.  I did a 360 mile day trip on the SESG and the only thing I wished I would have had was a back rest.  I've since added the SESG back rest and am very happy.  Dealer took care of the gap issue and I'm a happy camper now.  For what Corbin charges for their seats, it's not worth changing, IMO. (And yes, I have ridden with a Corbin saddle before...they don't impress me, actually like the Mustangs better, and for all-day riding on a touring machine, you can't beat the HD Road Zepplin air seat (now if they could only heat that bad boy.))

What did your dealer do to fix the seat issue?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2009, 02:42:48 PM »

What did your dealer do to fix the seat issue?

The tech took the chrome tang on the back of the seat that attaches to the fender and moved it out about a 1/2" and remounted it to the seat.  This drives the seat further up on to the tank and closes the gap....it worked on mine...no gap issue now.

2012 FLHXSE3

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2009, 03:08:08 PM »

The tech took the chrome tang on the back of the seat that attaches to the fender and moved it out about a 1/2" and remounted it to the seat.  This drives the seat further up on to the tank and closes the gap....it worked on mine...no gap issue now.
For taller riders wouldn't this just make for a more uncomfortable riding position?  I'm already looking to move my floor boards forward somewhat and I'm only 6'0" on a good day.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2009, 11:28:41 AM »

For taller riders wouldn't this just make for a more uncomfortable riding position?  I'm already looking to move my floor boards forward somewhat and I'm only 6'0" on a good day.

I'm 6'4" on pretty much everyday and close to 3 bucks in weight.  I sensed no difference in ride position at all.   :2vrolijk_21:

2012 FLHXSE3

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2009, 10:18:23 PM »

Went to pick up my SESG today (Teq Sun). Had a meeting with the Service Manager and brought him to this thread.

He took the bike back and put the clutch on a pressurized bleeding system. It was full of air. He had the service guys bring all of the CVO's back for the same test.

He has me registered with MoCo for a new seat when the new production seats come out. My gap is already over an inch with nobody sitting on the bike.

I rode home and the bike is a real winner in comfort and speed. It will give my 05 SEFB a good run for it's money while still stock. When I did get home I was installing a Gremlin bell and noticed something.. The right side running board, front bolt was hanging by two threads. The running board was about to fall off.

I went over the rest of the bike checking as much as I could but it will be going back for another check up.

I came here to thank you guys for the heads up. I may have not gotten too far down the road before the clutch mucked up my ride.

I appreciate all the info...  Thanks Guys!!

-dave
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 10:22:42 PM by reksul »

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2009, 04:59:41 AM »

Went to pick up my SESG today (Teq Sun). Had a meeting with the Service Manager and brought him to this thread.

He took the bike back and put the clutch on a pressurized bleeding system. It was full of air. He had the service guys bring all of the CVO's back for the same test.

He has me registered with MoCo for a new seat when the new production seats come out. My gap is already over an inch with nobody sitting on the bike.

I rode home and the bike is a real winner in comfort and speed. It will give my 05 SEFB a good run for it's money while still stock. When I did get home I was installing a Gremlin bell and noticed something.. The right side running board, front bolt was hanging by two threads. The running board was about to fall off.

I went over the rest of the bike checking as much as I could but it will be going back for another check up.

I came here to thank you guys for the heads up. I may have not gotten too far down the road before the clutch mucked up my ride.

I appreciate all the info...  Thanks Guys!!

-dave
I pick up mine around Thanksgiving and will communicate the clutch issue to service so as to avoid any problems-I have a 100mi plus ride home.  I've also mentioned to the wife that I'll be taking a good bit of time to "look over" the bike prior to rolling out.  That first ride should be enjoyable not a hunt for problems  ???
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2009, 12:17:53 PM »

I pick up mine around Thanksgiving and will communicate the clutch issue to service so as to avoid any problems-I have a 100mi plus ride home.  I've also mentioned to the wife that I'll be taking a good bit of time to "look over" the bike prior to rolling out.  That first ride should be enjoyable not a hunt for problems  ???

Please look over my earlier post in this thread. In my experience with my 2010 CVO Street Glide, there are LOTS of bolts and nuts that are either loose or not torqued to spec.....

Regards

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2009, 12:51:18 PM »

Please look over my earlier post in this thread. In my experience with my 2010 CVO Street Glide, there are LOTS of bolts and nuts that are either loose or not torqued to spec.....

Regards

For what it's worth...my clutch was fine from day one. Nothing's loose or fallen off. Rides great.
I did have the hazy headlight issue and my seat is a problem like everyone else's. Perhaps dealer prep makes the difference, eh?

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2009, 03:18:30 PM »

Regards
Thanks, I remember reading it the first time around.  I plan on giving it the complete inspection and a good wrenching the first chance I get.  It will give me a chance to get to know her  ;)
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2009, 07:15:21 PM »

-dave

It is totally amazing to me that the MoCo can't get a simple thing like this right after 6 years of installing hydraulic clutches on these bikes.  Gives you the idea that they didn't bother to spend a little money for a proper evacuate and fill system for the clutch, and they just have some guy with a can of brake fluid filling them by hand.  Probably the same guy who doesn't bother tightening all those fasteners to specification either.  I wouldn't be surprised to find them using battery powered screw shooters to assemble the bikes, rather than proper torque controlled tooling.  The sooner H-D puts the CVO's on the regular assembly line the better.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 21 queries.