Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Problems and Issues with the 2010 SG  (Read 29884 times)

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
Re: Problems and Issues with the 2010 SG
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2009, 05:15:06 AM »

Myko-
Have you heard anything different?

Hoping to hear from the dealer today, if not I'll call the service manager and see what happened when he called.

--Mike
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2009, 06:32:16 AM »

I liked the simplicity that one member received from his dealer......repositioning rear hold down bracket outward from the seat. I am wondering if there isn't a front tab that is longer on earlier or different models that will fix this issue permanently as well.

Regards

The simple solution would be to make them to correct length as they do the regular Seats?
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Stinky7-11

« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2009, 02:23:38 PM »

Hi Everyone

I am a new member and a first time poster, I have purchased a few new Harleys in my day. The best news is that i got a big bag-o-cash and i want my next bike to be a SESG, not sure of the color yet. The big question is going to target the 110 cu motor, can it be trusted? I read so much about leaks and what i find crazy! The crank and flywheel issues, all the years of practice and still so many problems. I went to my local dealer and they are getting 2 in the second week of December and i want one of them!!
                                                                                                                                                                                              Tony   A.K.A. Stinky

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2009, 02:44:12 PM »

Hi Everyone

I am a new member and a first time poster, I have purchased a few new Harleys in my day. The best news is that i got a big bag-o-cash and i want my next bike to be a SESG, not sure of the color yet. The big question is going to target the 110 cu motor, can it be trusted? I read so much about leaks and what i find crazy! The crank and flywheel issues, all the years of practice and still so many problems. I went to my local dealer and they are getting 2 in the second week of December and i want one of them!!
                                                                                                                                                                                              Tony   A.K.A. Stinky
Stinky,
First off welcome to the site glad to have you join us.... When you get a chance you should go to this board - New Member Introduction and start a thread to introduce yourself.

Since this will not be your first Harley you should know like the rest of us repeat buyers that Harley's have pretty much had some inherent problems (not all have them... but not everyone hits the lottery... it's a gamble) in all models... whether they be small or large some issue has had to been addressed. Question is do you want to deal with them.... Good thing about this site and others like it is the information is out there so we all will know what they are and then decide if we want to take the chance and have to end up dealing with them or get ahead of the game and correct them before they bite us. The better question to ask yourself is do you want to take care of some of the issues that have been noted before they happen to you or are you a gambler and want to wait until they happen to you... or not. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Stinky7-11

« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2009, 05:22:36 PM »

Fired00d

Thanks, i have read alot here and will be ready but i'm more interested in the 110 cu motor and weather after a number of years they got it tweaked. I will hit the dealer well informed thanks to all the fine information here and in the next week i will learn more. My first new Harley was a Shovel FXWG and my last was an 88 Evo Road King(2nd King), Never had a 96in and i'm thinking the 110 would just be over the top!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Tony A.K.A. Stinky

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2009, 05:30:56 PM »

AKA Stinky, in my opinion, the current models have very few problems compared to the models of your 'shovel' era.  And, the best part, is the longevity of the current motors compared to the shovels.  You'll love the new scooter.  :-* har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2009, 05:38:57 PM »

Fired00d

Thanks, i have read alot here and will be ready but i'm more interested in the 110 cu motor and weather after a number of years they got it tweaked. I will hit the dealer well informed thanks to all the fine information here and in the next week i will learn more. My first new Harley was a Shovel FXWG and my last was an 88 Evo Road King(2nd King), Never had a 96in and i'm thinking the 110 would just be over the top!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Tony A.K.A. Stinky
Tweaked??? Maybe, maybe not :nixweiss:.... better... I hope so. :-\ It's always a gamble when buying something mechanically (or most anything these days). You'll just have to decide if you want it bad enough, and decide what will be "enough" and it's time to walk away from it if it happens to get to that point. In any regards... Good luck on whatever you decide. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 06:11:45 PM by Fired00d »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twisty Joe

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2009, 08:28:35 AM »

I just got my SESG and the rear right shock is leaking fluid.  Not like Japanese company to let some like that happen.  I will be curious to se how long that takes to get in stock.  Of course I noticed it when I was putting on the BUB true duals and PC-V.  Oh well....I am riding anyway:)   
2012 SE Street Glide

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2009, 08:58:54 AM »

I just got my SESG and the rear right shock is leaking fluid.  Not like Japanese company to let some like that happen.  I will be curious to se how long that takes to get in stock.  Of course I noticed it when I was putting on the BUB true duals and PC-V.  Oh well....I am riding anyway:)   

Not much consolation to you but I think that's a first for the SESG. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Wheelsnkeels

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2009, 06:35:30 PM »

While in a local dealer yesterday took a look at both the SESG's on their showroom floor. Both have the seat issue and the dealer's service staff said they have exchanged 3 seats under warranty so far.
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

2010spicedrum

« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2009, 08:06:21 PM »

I had my left rear shock replaced after it leaked out all the oil onto the garage floor. It was on back order for about two monts

Wheelsnkeels

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2009, 09:03:07 PM »

I had my left rear shock replaced after it leaked out all the oil onto the garage floor. It was on back order for about two monts

Did they at least provide loaner shocks? :nixweiss:
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

2010spicedrum

« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2009, 07:55:14 PM »

No loaner shocks. I rode it like it was. It rode ok I road it solo. And road my 09 Vmax some.

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2009, 08:28:25 PM »

Hoping to hear from the dealer today, if not I'll call the service manager and see what happened when he called.
--Mike

Dealer heard back from the factory and what the Service Manager sez is that the MoCo told him that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. He also has another customer with an '09 SERG who is making the same complaint on the seat and the response was the same for both bikes and that they do not have a fix currently out for the dealers. They said they would take his fix of providing support above the battery but that to just basically hold tight while they work it out.
I'll see the SM again tomorrow and ask him what am I supposed to do in the meantime.. I don't want him putting in his fix as it may not work with the Corbin I'm waiting for anyway..
Just wanted to report this back to the thread.
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2009, 09:28:12 PM »

Dealer heard back from the factory and what the Service Manager sez is that the MoCo told him that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. He also has another customer with an '09 SERG who is making the same complaint on the seat and the response was the same for both bikes and that they do not have a fix currently out for the dealers. They said they would take his fix of providing support above the battery but that to just basically hold tight while they work it out.
I'll see the SM again tomorrow and ask him what am I supposed to do in the meantime.. I don't want him putting in his fix as it may not work with the Corbin I'm waiting for anyway..
Just wanted to report this back to the thread.

The Corbin should fit fine. Their seat pan is much stiffer that the factory unit so there will be no flex. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.