Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Problems and Issues with the 2010 SG  (Read 29882 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Problems and Issues with the 2010 SG
« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2010, 07:43:05 AM »

Oh yea I do....The flattie runs surprising well for 75 years of age, just have to stay on top of preventive maintenance issues is all.

Future things to go wrong on the new ones..my brakes are now pulsing..wrapped rotors around 7500....anyones else?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2010, 12:17:21 PM »

Oh yea I do....The flattie runs surprising well for 75 years of age, just have to stay on top of preventive maintenance issues is all.

Future things to go wrong on the new ones..my brakes are now pulsing..wrapped rotors around 7500....anyones else?
Hey Miker, I guess 'floating rotors' don't really do anything to help the warped rotor problem, do they?  :-\ spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2010, 01:10:04 PM »

JCZ good job on the summary list. We will need to stay on top of these issues. I forgot to look did you add the brake master cylinder one that just got a bulletin??
..................................................................................

I missed this bulletin.........is the info here at CVO??

Here ya go Russ. This maybe what you are looking for?

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=46626

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2010, 02:27:46 PM »

Here ya go Russ. This maybe what you are looking for?

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=46626

Thanks Wiz.....I am riding my bike to the dealer (210 miles) for the 1000 mile maintence next week.  If it rattles on the way I'll let them know........Russ
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2010, 08:33:37 AM »

Thanks Wiz.....I am riding my bike to the dealer (210 miles) for the 1000 mile maintence next week.  If it rattles on the way I'll let them know........Russ

210 miles......is that round trip?  Or are you not using the closest dealership? :nixweiss:

Hope you can make it to Cambria next month. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2010, 02:12:50 PM »

210 miles......is that round trip?  Or are you not using the closest dealership? :nixweiss:

Hope you can make it to Cambria next month. :2vrolijk_21:

210 is one way.....30 miles farther than the closer dealer but they didn't have a SESG when I bought mine.

My sweetie is working on changing time off so we can work out the trip next month.....will message you soon.
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2010, 08:08:54 PM »

Copy and paste works great...........

However, it's not to say that we've all had all these issues.  I'm more inclined to believe that it's not even the majority of SESG owners.  I haven't had any of the issues listed.  But then again, I've got 10k miles on a six month old bike......maybe I'm spending to much time riding and not enough time looking at it.  :nixweiss:

Seat gap at tank   Replace seat, extend mounting tab
Clutch   Bleed system
Paint flaws   Replace parts
Fairing gasket seal to short   Replace gasket/remount
Speaker connector loose   Tighten properly
Loose bolts/Improper torque   Check all fasteners
Shock leaking oil   Replace shock
Fork leaking oil   Replace seals
Fuel lid rattle   Replace with locking lid
2 piece Eagle on tank   Replace tank
Ambient air guage not working   
Primary oil leak   Replace seal
Left turn signal short   
High oil pressure   
Haze in headlight   
Clacking noise   
Throttle sticking   
Seat does not line up with adjustable riders backrest   Replace seat

How do you know if the gasket is to short? Where is it suppose to stop at?
Whats this about the short turn signal?
TJ

BLU Bike

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2010, 08:42:26 PM »

I read the posts and wrote a list from what I could find so if you go back in the thread you should see what they listed but from what I remember the gasket didn't align correctly and it may have been an incorrect length, I think the turn signal was an electrical issue that the dealer corrected.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2010, 09:40:09 PM »

tj, I think the problem with the inner/outer seal (gasket?) is that it was twisted.  That's been a problem with the bat wing fairing from time to time since I started riding them in 89.  Every now and then I'll hear of somebody or see one that's twisted.  If you've washed your bike already (that's usually when we look closer at our bike than any other time) and haven't noticed it, you probably don't have a problem. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2010, 11:27:36 AM »

tj, I think the problem with the inner/outer seal (gasket?) is that it was twisted.  That's been a problem with the bat wing fairing from time to time since I started riding them in 89.  Every now and then I'll hear of somebody or see one that's twisted.  If you've washed your bike already (that's usually when we look closer at our bike than any other time) and haven't noticed it, you probably don't have a problem. :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ:

In my case the weather strip was too short. Also it appears that during assembly there should be some sealent applied to the ends especially at the bottom to keep it from coming loose.

Regards

Jerry

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #145 on: March 13, 2010, 11:44:59 AM »

JCZ:

In my case the weather strip was too short. Also it appears that during assembly there should be some sealent applied to the ends especially at the bottom to keep it from coming loose.

Regards

Jerry

I'm sorry, I missed that Jerry.  It's usually that they've twisted. 

If they put adhesive on them, then you'd have to buy a new one every time you had to remove it for any reason.  However, once they've been crimped on by tightening the inner and outer fairings and in the twisted position, then you usually have to buy a new one anyway.

Not that it's going to make any kind of practical difference.......just that I know it's twisted and so it will not let me alone until I replace it (when that's happened in the past). :huepfenlol2:  The truth of the matter is....if the employees on the assembly line took just a little bit more pride in their work, that would be a real easy catch at the time of assembly. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2010, 11:50:36 AM »

Guys, how 'bout a photo or two...

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2010, 12:41:35 PM »

Thats what happened to mine. I went out and got my own. I dont want the dealer in the fairing unless I have bigger problems
TJ

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2010, 11:52:22 PM »

I'm sorry, I missed that Jerry.  It's usually that they've twisted. 

If they put adhesive on them, then you'd have to buy a new one every time you had to remove it for any reason.  However, once they've been crimped on by tightening the inner and outer fairings and in the twisted position, then you usually have to buy a new one anyway.

Not that it's going to make any kind of practical difference.......just that I know it's twisted and so it will not let me alone until I replace it (when that's happened in the past). :huepfenlol2:  The truth of the matter is....if the employees on the assembly line took just a little bit more pride in their work, that would be a real easy catch at the time of assembly. :nixweiss:

JCZ:
They use that soft rubber sealant that's gooey. I agree that more care could be taken but they may also be guilty of trying to save money by cutting the seal too close to the spec and err on the side of short. I think 1" would make a big difference in preventing it from coming loose.

Regards

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2010, 11:03:59 AM »

I have a problem with my cruise control cutting out and my 6 speed indicator light not coming on.  Has anyone else had either of these issues?
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.