Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: TTS ON THE WAY.  (Read 3736 times)

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road glide. Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited Sold
TTS ON THE WAY.
« on: October 15, 2009, 09:43:28 PM »

I just thought I would share what is going on with my bike. :drink: The cat is gone and just waiting to have the pipe welded. The TTS tuner should be here on friday and I can't wait to see the end result. :2vrolijk_21: I hope the down load is easy enough and I can fix the speedometer from being off so much. (steve from fullsac has got me hooked up). I will be back to give you my info on the outcome. :huepfenjump3:

boerne free bird

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE
    • CVO3: 2003 FLHRSE
Re: TTS ON THE WAY.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 10:50:44 PM »

I just thought I would share what is going on with my bike. :drink: The cat is gone and just waiting to have the pipe welded. The TTS tuner should be here on friday and I can't wait to see the end result. :2vrolijk_21: I hope the down load is easy enough and I can fix the speedometer from being off so much. (steve from fullsac has got me hooked up). I will be back to give you my info on the outcome. :huepfenjump3:

Congratulations - you'll be pleased. Steve did mine - runes great and the speedometer is spot on. He also took the delay out of fly-by-wire with the "blade" adjustment.

live free and ride safe

JZ3

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE (Candy Concord)
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 12:09:13 AM »

Ok, I will ask the question...what exactly is a "blade adjustment"????  Does it automatically come with the purchase of the TTS Mastertune software or something in addition to work out with Steve??? :confused5:

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 10:42:14 AM »

Ok, I will ask the question...what exactly is a "blade adjustment"????  Does it automatically come with the purchase of the TTS Mastertune software or something in addition to work out with Steve??? :confused5:

You can set the throttle blade to follow the twist grip at 1:1 or any ratio you wish. Some people like a little lag at low speeds/rpms. On TBW bikes you have the choice of start up throttle blade position also. Kinda like taking the slack out of your throttle cables on older bikes.
All this is in the help files of TTS.
Hope this helps a little.
HOGMIKE

JZ3

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE (Candy Concord)
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 12:55:45 AM »

Thanks buddy....looks like I will have a lot to read when I order the TTS Mastertune.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 10:44:36 AM »

Are there any differences with the 2010 CVO exhaust O2 sensors compared to earlier models that would adversley impact the set-up by FULLSAC?  There was some spotty chatter that the 2010 O2 sensors had a narrow band that it may be difficult to achieve AFR's in the high 13's or low 14's.  Any comments out there?

Thanks!
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

ssls6

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CUSE-DARK
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 12:19:41 PM »

I've been asking questions about this as well for the 2010 DBW bikes.  I don't have any answers but I've been given answers that say you can't go closed loop below 14.5 : 1.  Seems weird to me so maybe someone who really knows will answer.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 01:53:41 PM »

I've been asking questions about this as well for the 2010 DBW bikes.  I don't have any answers but I've been given answers that say you can't go closed loop below 14.5 : 1.  Seems weird to me so maybe someone who really knows will answer.

ssls6

I wish I could find the thread that suggested this.  I have a few different post, other than this one, asking the same question.  Interestingly enough there isn't many replies.  I'm sold on the FULLSAC set-up if I had a 2009 CVO but need to know if I'll achieve AFR's near 14:1 or so that would make for a cooler running 2010 motor with some TQ and HP gaines with the reliability.  I'm going to try and PM Steve from FULLSAC and see whats up but would sure like to here from the 2010 CVO boys and girls who are using this combination.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 06:29:58 PM »

Are there any differences with the 2010 CVO exhaust O2 sensors compared to earlier models that would adversley impact the set-up by FULLSAC?  There was some spotty chatter that the 2010 O2 sensors had a narrow band that it may be difficult to achieve AFR's in the high 13's or low 14's.  Any comments out there?

Thanks!

The specs are the same for the '10 02 sensors as the '09's, only difference is they are now heated, and smaller. I read somewhere about the OEM voltage switching range from the old to the new (same), just can't find the link at this point, maybe you can do a search on here?

You have to change your thinking on the '10's to Lambda instead of AFR tables. Kinda confusing, but, this seems to be the direction Harley is going (they always try to catch up to the car manufactures)!

Doing my conversions, my 2010 bike "AFR" ranges from 13.21 (rich) to 14.40 (lean) depending on load and RPM. This translates to .900 Lambda to .981 Lambda. I am a little on the "rich" side.

Fullsac has maps to cover most setups on the '10's, just have to give them a call. I'm sure Steve can explain all this new stuff in more detail.
I think there is still a learning curve on the new bikes, but, I have to say mine is running pretty smooth!
I hope this helps a little........I'm still learning also!
Mike
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 06:32:11 PM by HOGMIKE »
HOGMIKE

ssls6

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 06:46:33 PM »

Mike,

Do you run your bike in open loop mode?  Steve Cole responded to me that 0.977 was the lowest you could run closed loop.  Of all the guys, he should know.  I had assumed, probably wrong, that modifying the VE tables would fake out the bike and produce something richer than a lambda of 0.977.  I had asked questions about "goal" function when doing a V-tune but got nothing that helped me understand.

If you take a TTS modded bike that has been V-tuned and still running closed loop then put that bike on a dyno, what lambdas do you get across the band?  Same as the one put in the main lambda table?

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 08:08:51 PM »

Mike,

Do you run your bike in open loop mode?  Steve Cole responded to me that 0.977 was the lowest you could run closed loop.  Of all the guys, he should know.  I had assumed, probably wrong, that modifying the VE tables would fake out the bike and produce something richer than a lambda of 0.977.  I had asked questions about "goal" function when doing a V-tune but got nothing that helped me understand.

If you take a TTS modded bike that has been V-tuned and still running closed loop then put that bike on a dyno, what lambdas do you get across the band?  Same as the one put in the main lambda table?

I am not sure what you are asking about "goal" function. What "goal" are you seeking?

I am running closed loop most of the range, going from .977 to .981 depending on the load/rpm.
 .977 (14.34 AFR) is the break point.
My bike was dyno tuned using VE's to get the map. Some of the chart is open loop, thus the .900 settings (open loop).
The nice thing about the TTS is that my fuel ratios are "blended" across the board, not just going from one setting to the other.
You want a smooth transition as you go under load, or the reverse! Makes a well mannered bike.
Remember, the ECM will go open loop under certain loads/rpm's. You would want the closed loop to be your 90% running for gas mileage, cooling, manners, etc.
Fullsac has some "canned maps" for the newer bikes that are very very close to what YOU would get on a local dyno.
I have used the TTS software on my '09 and '10 bikes with NO problems, other than tweaking a few minor areas that suit MY riding style.
Of course, this is JMHO!!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 08:10:29 PM by HOGMIKE »
HOGMIKE

ssls6

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 08:48:49 PM »

Thanks, that makes sense.  The term "goal function" is just a generic way of saying "change some variable (like VE?) until some goal is met (target lambda?)".  If I knew that V-tune runs optimize the bike to meet the target lambdas, then I'd know what to expect.  All throttle settings, map values would hit the 0.977 input into the table perfectly optimized for my bike.  That would be a bike perfectly optimized for 14.4 : 1.  Not a bad thing but higher head temperatures than a bike perfectly optimized at 14.2 : 1.

The TTS product sounds good to me and I plan to buy one when my CUSE5 gets delivered.   If closed loop operation causes too much heat, I guess I can always use TTS to run open loop.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 08:53:05 PM by ssls6 »

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 10:45:42 PM »

Thanks, that makes sense.  The term "goal function" is just a generic way of saying "change some variable (like VE?) until some goal is met (target lambda?)".  If I knew that V-tune runs optimize the bike to meet the target lambdas, then I'd know what to expect.  All throttle settings, map values would hit the 0.977 input into the table perfectly optimized for my bike.  That would be a bike perfectly optimized for 14.4 : 1.  Not a bad thing but higher head temperatures than a bike perfectly optimized at 14.2 : 1.

The TTS product sounds good to me and I plan to buy one when my CUSE5 gets delivered.   If closed loop operation causes too much heat, I guess I can always use TTS to run open loop.

You would be surprised how well a properly tuned  bike will run in closed loop. My '09, towing a 400 lb trailer, 2-up went 22,000 miles with good power, acceptable gas mileage, and no issues starting, running, over mountains, rain, 100 degree days, etc, etc. The only changes I made were to open up the exhaust and intake.
This bike was never even on a dyno, simply using V-tune, and making some minor tweaks.
HOGMIKE

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 03:07:26 AM »

Thanks HOGMIKE and ssls6.  It is starting to make sense.  I sent Steve over at FULLSAC an email and just waiting on his response.  If no new surprises I'll go with the CAT removal, 2.25 baffels and TTS tune.  ssls6, I'll let you know what Steve says.  I believe I cc'd you on my original email to Steve last night.  See you two on the site.

Mark
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road glide. Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited Sold
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 10:41:27 PM »

The download is done. A big thank you to Steve from Fullsac performance. A real class "A" guy with great costumer service. I took my bike for a quick run around the block and just that alone, WOW. The throttle responce is much better with power that is very noticable. The exhaust sound is perfect. A lower deeper rumble that sounds more like a harley. I did buy the dual tuner, just in case my buddy wanted to do this to his SEUC. To say the least my header is in his hands and the next TTS tuner bike is on the way. Thanks again to Steve and all of you that make it easier to choose the right products for our bikes. 
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 24 queries.