Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New Exhaust Options For 2010 CVO's  (Read 7326 times)

grinner

• Happy Idiot
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: No CVO's At Present
Re: New Exhaust Options For 2010 CVO's
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 11:04:42 AM »

I just installed the V&H monster oval slip-ons and don't like them at all.  $800 buck experiment - they will be off the bike and back in the shipping box by the weekend.....  I find that I am watching my rpm's all the time waiting to shift to try and tone them down.  At 65 the drone is annoying as all get out, and can't even enjoy the radio or CB for the noise.  My riding bud said he had to stay about 5 lengths behind to get away from it........

I had FatShotz on my SESG and liked them, so maybe I can get my dealer to throw a set on so I can hear them BEFORE throwing down the bucks!

Grinner
1988 Honda Hurricane
2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
2008 Aprilia RSVr (track)
2008 Honda GL1800
2009 Aprilia Tuono 1000R (track)
2009 Aprilia RSVR
2011 BMW G650GS (dual)
2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC (Screamer)
2012 HD XR1200x Sportster

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 07:00:58 PM »

Bub 7 Stealth buddy. You will love 'em.   Try 'em  out.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 10:27:11 PM »

I just installed the V&H monster oval slip-ons and don't like them at all.  $800 buck experiment - they will be off the bike and back in the shipping box by the weekend.....  I find that I am watching my rpm's all the time waiting to shift to try and tone them down.  At 65 the drone is annoying as all get out, and can't even enjoy the radio or CB for the noise.  My riding bud said he had to stay about 5 lengths behind to get away from it........

I had FatShotz on my SESG and liked them, so maybe I can get my dealer to throw a set on so I can hear them BEFORE throwing down the bucks!

Grinner
The V&H high output slip ons are pretty loud too.  I like them and will run with it thru my trip from San Antonio to Big Bend this April and then we'll see.  My wife has Cobra slips ons and they are rich but not too loud.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

worshipduder

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 01:44:01 AM »

I thought it would be good to start a thread about the new exhaust options for the 2010 CVO's given the changes.

V&H has new Dresser Duals which look great.  I love the Stage 1 set-up from Steve at Fullsac but after the dust settles I think I'm going with the Dresser Duals and the Chrome High Output Slip Ons.  My delivery date has been moved up to Thanksgiving time and I'll post picks and a YOUTUBE clip demonstrating their sound.

This is the exact set up i want on my SESG. so... do u ike it? did u ever post anything on utube? did u autotune with TTS?

thanx:)
2010 FLXHSE Candy Concord
V&H Power Duals
V&H Hi-Output Slip-ons
TTS Mastertune
Feuling Reaper 574 Camchest Kit
Feuling Oil Pump
Dyno'd at 116 HP & 118 TQ
C&C Flame Stitched Seat
Wild 1 Chubby 575s
PM Contour Touring Mirrors
J&M 7.25 Speakers & 250 Watt Amp
Hogtunes Hogpod
Riders Claw
HD Contoured Heated Hand Grips
Wicked Image Flame Shift Linkage
Klock Werks Flare 8.5
HD Electra-Glo™ Light Pod Kit
Kury License Plate

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2010, 08:43:51 AM »

Grinner

That sux Grinner... I think we've all been there, done that, at one time or another. The more mellow I get the more mellow sound I want on my bike. Thinking about changing my Trike to the same as on my SESG just to get the Rinehart TD's off. Darn things don't have 2000 miles on them, just too loud. Wife or friends have to stay back to ride behind it.

I finally saw your color UC at Killer. That is one nice looking machine.   :2vrolijk_21:

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 10:30:07 PM »

This is the exact set up i want on my SESG. so... do u ike it? did u ever post anything on utube? did u autotune with TTS?

thanx:)

I've been out of touch for awhile but will get the video posted hopefully tomorrow if the weather is good.  I do like the set-up but my wife complains that its too loud when she is in trail.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

worshipduder

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 10:41:51 PM »

I've been out of touch for awhile but will get the video posted hopefully tomorrow if the weather is good.  I do like the set-up but my wife complains that its too loud when she is in trail.

yeah  have always been a V&H man and not many folks like to ride on my right:)
2010 FLXHSE Candy Concord
V&H Power Duals
V&H Hi-Output Slip-ons
TTS Mastertune
Feuling Reaper 574 Camchest Kit
Feuling Oil Pump
Dyno'd at 116 HP & 118 TQ
C&C Flame Stitched Seat
Wild 1 Chubby 575s
PM Contour Touring Mirrors
J&M 7.25 Speakers & 250 Watt Amp
Hogtunes Hogpod
Riders Claw
HD Contoured Heated Hand Grips
Wicked Image Flame Shift Linkage
Klock Werks Flare 8.5
HD Electra-Glo™ Light Pod Kit
Kury License Plate

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 10:49:54 PM »

yeah  have always been a V&H man and not many folks like to ride on my right:)

What really makes the difference is the header pipe without a CAT.  The exhaust and race tuner give me 97HP and 108torque at 45K RPM.  I'm happy with those numbers and the low end torque curve. 
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 11:30:49 PM »

What really makes the difference is the header pipe without a CAT.  The exhaust and race tuner give me 97HP and 108torque at 45K RPM.  I'm happy with those numbers and the low end torque curve. 

97 HP with no CAT, slip-ons and SERT only? Nothing else?

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 11:25:56 AM »

97 HP with no CAT, slip-ons and SERT only? Nothing else?

Sure thing!  Got the dyno sheet to prove it.  To clerify, I have the V&H power chamber head pipe and high output slip ons.  I'll attach the dyno sheet later today once I get back home.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 20 queries.