Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Siegfried's Saga:  Part Deux!/Duh!/Doh!  (Read 2997 times)

Siegfried

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Siegfried's Saga:  Part Deux!/Duh!/Doh!
« on: December 19, 2005, 07:49:13 PM »

I'm back.  I had a quick trip Friday to see the bike, then left town on family business on Sunday, finally returning (well, for a few days anyway) this afternoon.

About the bike, all I can say is "Yowza, Yowza, Yowza!!!"  Just stunning.  She has a skosh under 800 miles on her and hasn't been ridden and washed enough for the chrome peeling issue to surface.  Has been kept under cover by her owner, a nice guy who I think is happy to see her going to a good home (as well as happy about expanding his bank account just a tad).  Completely stock.  The gold key is still in its upscale presentation packaging--the bubblewrap.  By the way, this bike is in Austin, the home of the guy who came out around Thanksgiving and bought my FJR 1300--quite a coinkidink, I'd say.  The wire transfer is going out, the transport company is being notified, and her saddle will be between my legs.....whenever.  But yes, she will be mine!!!!

My question is:  How can she be 300 pounds overweight and still look Soooooo Fiiiiiiiiiiine?  What a porker!!!!  (I mean that in a loving way, of course.)  I just gave her a quick spin around the block.  Once underway, the perception of her porkiness disappears to a great extent.  The brakes are considerably better than those on my late-90's Dyna--thank the Maker.  Power??  Well, that's where the fun will begin.  It has been amusing to see what all y'all have been posting during my absence.  Interesting to see so much comment going to chrome.  I'm with BLM generally on the SEEG bling issue--for me, it has plenty.  And yet, I think I have actually discovered a chrome piece I feel compelled to purchase, thanks to this wonderful, Harley tax-promoting site--the chrome strip that hides the screws attaching the windshield.  I think I'll just enjoy the bike as-is until time for the 1,000 mile maintenance, and then hatch my plan to pull some power out of that hunkin' lump.

Thanks to all of you who have replied to the first Saga post with encouragement and enthusiasm--the spirits are very high.

Yahoo, and where's my checkbook????!!!!

Dave

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Siegfried's Saga:
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 07:56:57 PM »

I'm back.

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 08:17:49 PM »

Well, Dave, let me be the first to congratulate you, and I can relate, believe me.
Jeff
Fremont, CA

2005 Cherry SEEG, V&H Dresser Duals, Samson Rolled Thunder Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Race Tuner

2005 Sierra Red/Silver Dyna Low Rider (Wife's ride), SE Tapered Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Stage

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 08:29:53 PM »

Siegfried, I don't think I ever replied in your original thread since everyone else had it covered so well, but I do want to add my congratulations on your purchase to this one! [smiley=2vrolijk_09.gif]

As far as the peeling chrome, mine had a front wheel peeling when it was delivered, although I didn't see it until I got home that night, so I don't think the low miles or limited number of washings has anything to do with that.  However, the peeling chrome seems to be more prevalent on the '04s, so hopefully, you'll be in the clear.  Nevertheles, you're probably still carrying some of the 2-year warranty on that bike (what is the placed in service date?), so you should have some peace of mind there, for at least a little while.

Congrats, again, and welcome to the wonderful world of SEEG-dom! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 08:38:29 PM »

Congratulations Dave.  By the time you get the little darlin' home you'll have, hmmmm, maybe 285 days until you leave for Maggie Valley.  Looking forward to seeing you there.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 09:34:55 PM »

Yeehaa, Congrats on the purchase!

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 07:24:46 AM »

Congrats Dave,See it all works out in the end.Good luck with it. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 08:38:04 AM »

Glad things are working out with the new bike purchase. Spending that much money on something you don't really need can be nerve wracking especially when you have to travel to see it.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 11:50:21 AM »

I'm happy to hear that it all worked out for you........and the story has a happy ending. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]   Congratulations on the new scooter......you'll not be sorry.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 11:53:18 AM »

[smiley=cowboy.gif] Yee Haw!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 12:40:32 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 12:03:32 PM »

Congrats, can feel your enthusiasm

jeffj

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 12:06:45 PM »

Dave, congrats on the new toy. I agree you did the right thing. As for shipping, I have done that quite a few times with great results and a couple that were not so great. The last few times I have used Allied Van Lines and they were fantastic. They have a department dedicated to shipping bikes and they were perfect. Their bid was a few bucks higher than the bottom feeders but it was sure worth it, for me. I knew I was in good hands when the driver pulled up and started showing pictures of his bikes, all Harley's. Anyway, just wanted to offer my 2 cents worth of knowledge. (probably 1 cent more than it's worth) [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 01:27:12 PM »

Congrats on the new bike, and a great color choice!  I bought my cherry from a guy in NJ and had it shipped as well.  I used EagleOne Transport who does ONLY motorcycles.  Took 3 weeks to get here but the bike was perfect.  I can appreciate the saga of the purchase, since I never even saw a picture of the scooter before it arrived at my house!  I relied on JC's knowing the person and their integrity and it all worked out great!

As for the chrome, I can already see that inner primary...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Siegfried

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2005, 01:48:31 PM »

Thanks, everyone.  I really appreciate the congrats and well-wishes.  Yep, a nice Christmas present I have arranged for myself.

And thanks for the continuing stream of ideas about how to spend my (remaining) money.  What's that about the joke that BMW stands for Bring More Wampum??  Hardly, Harley!!  The MoFoMoCo has a gazillion more ways we can dress up our girls than has BMW.  (Oh, maybe the BMW joke relates to the fact that the extra $$ is required to keep the electronics gremlins at bay--I have heard so many stories about guys on new BMW models excitedly embarking on Mexico trips only to have to trailer the things home because the electronics died....nice....)

I'm using Eagle One to ship the bike home.....though nothing has been said about 3 weeks.  I'm hoping for an '05 delivery.  Then the work begins and I post some pics so that this thread shall not remain forever worthless.

Dave

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2005, 03:16:03 PM »

. . . . Sold my car, sold my house, sold my wife. . . . . . . . . . CVO.

(With apologies to Mr. Clapton.)
Jeff
Fremont, CA

2005 Cherry SEEG, V&H Dresser Duals, Samson Rolled Thunder Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Race Tuner

2005 Sierra Red/Silver Dyna Low Rider (Wife's ride), SE Tapered Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Stage
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 25 queries.