Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: DICKW Transforming his Scoot  (Read 26485 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: DICKW Transforming his Scoot
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2009, 05:19:16 PM »

AJ.....

Let's not try and spend anymore of my money, I certainly appreciate you looking out for me........ Time too ride.

After you get the color matched trailer, you're going to need a new color matched truck to pull it too.  :huepfenlol2:  What are friends for?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2009, 05:24:30 PM »

After you get the color matched trailer, you're going to need a new color matched truck to pull it too.  :huepfenlol2:  What are friends for?

Hey DickW, I'll jump in here on your behalf.
AJ, that's a great idea, once your color matched trailer is in, we all (including DickW) will be waiting to see your color matched truck.
How did I do Dick?
What are friends for?

:o    :o    :o    :o 

SBB 

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #122 on: November 09, 2009, 06:19:03 PM »

Thanks Chip  :2vrolijk_21:

And for those wondering, I spoke with the Trailer guy today. He informed me it will be ready in a couple weeks, man he's killing me.......it's been 5 months.

Anyway he said it will be too cold to come get it, I said "Too cold for who"? I will be taking a weekend run up to Northern PA to get it when she's ready.

Kinda like riding in the rain, I will warm up when I get to the hotel.   :2vrolijk_21:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2009, 07:30:21 PM »

Hey DIck....how is the J&M hidden antenna working out? Is the FM reception still decent. I know it won't be as good as the whip, but I'm trying to find something that works reasonably well.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2009, 07:37:57 PM »

Hey DIck....how is the J&M hidden antenna working out? Is the FM reception still decent. I know it won't be as good as the whip, but I'm trying to find something that works reasonably well.

I am not too happy with it, I am calling J&M tomorrow and see what they say.....rumor is they are going to tell me it's not as good as the whip.... but the website says performs almost as well or some crap like that.

I may have it positioned wrong, but I doubt it. It's above the radio centered in the Batwing.

Hold off on the purchase for now.

2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2009, 07:42:04 PM »

I am not too happy with it, I am calling J&M tomorrow and see what they say.....rumor is they are going to tell me it's not as good as the whip.... but the website says performs almost as well or some crap like that.

I may have it positioned wrong, but I doubt it. It's above the radio centered in the Batwing.

Hold off on the purchase for now.

Slamming on the brakes now....Thanks...seems pretty pricey also. And I did see the website that said it performs almost as well as the whip....more BS. I owned the Dakota version on my last SG and it was not too good either.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2009, 12:46:48 AM »

I read about the hidden antennas , that they never be as good as the whips because they are mounted horizontal and the whips are vertical , so the whips are able to catch more terrestrial waves for the radio .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

awalker14

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE Black/Crimson
    • CVO2: 19 BMW R1250 GSA
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2009, 04:26:11 AM »

I tried this inexpensive alternative found on EBay for an AM/FM/WB hidden antenna and am satisfied with it.  I'm in a metro area so reception hasn't been a problem for AM/FM, but WB is weak though usable with more volume.  Easy install and works for me. :2vrolijk_21:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hidden-Antenna-Harley-FLHX-FLHT-FLTR-Ultra-Classic-WB_W0QQitemZ110446528891QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b720497b
06 Black/Candy Crimson FLHTCUSE; V&H TD's Ovals SE AC PCIII; SE Hyd Tens & Camplate Redshift 575's; Detach TP w/ Corbin Gunfighter; Zumo w/ 8gb SDHC (a lot of tunes)Clearview 8" Recurve; Minibeast II 128db Airhorn

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2009, 06:50:43 AM »

I tried this inexpensive alternative found on EBay for an AM/FM/WB hidden antenna and am satisfied with it.  I'm in a metro area so reception hasn't been a problem for AM/FM, but WB is weak though usable with more volume.  Easy install and works for me. :2vrolijk_21:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hidden-Antenna-Harley-FLHX-FLHT-FLTR-Ultra-Classic-WB_W0QQitemZ110446528891QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b720497b

What is that?? The element itself sticks to the inner fairing. Just a plain shielded wire?

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2009, 07:28:09 AM »

Dick,

Let me know when you ride up to pick up your trailer, maybe we can hook up and ride....

napalm
napalm

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2009, 07:31:30 AM »

I am going to call these guys as well

http://antennaconcept.com/link3.php

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2009, 08:15:19 AM »

Just spoke with the guy above........................$69.99 including postage.

Says, works better then stock. Has heard too many bad things about J&M. I will be returning my J&M and getting this.

I can barley pick up 3 channels with the J&M......not very happy.

I will keep returning until I find the best one for the job.

I also spoke with him about CB.......I am not a GURU by any means, but this guy says anyone claiming a hidden CB antenna that works may interfere with your Fly By Wire and or ABS system. Makes you think.....HMMMMMMMMM. Frequencies and some other technical terms I am not familiar with.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2009, 10:29:33 AM »

Just spoke with the guy above........................$69.99 including postage.

Says, works better then stock. Has heard too many bad things about J&M. I will be returning my J&M and getting this.

I can barley pick up 3 channels with the J&M......not very happy.

I will keep returning until I find the best one for the job.

I also spoke with him about CB.......I am not a GURU by any means, but this guy says anyone claiming a hidden CB antenna that works may interfere with your Fly By Wire and or ABS system. Makes you think.....HMMMMMMMMM. Frequencies and some other technical terms I am not familiar with.

I don't see how it would interfere with the TBW system since it is all hard wired and has no radio waves or wireless parts? ABS may be a stretch since there is open space between the wheel bearing ring and the speed sensor, but even sounds strange.

let me know how the new antenna works out.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2009, 10:33:33 AM »

I don't see how it would interfere with the TBW system since it is all hard wired and has no radio waves or wireless parts? ABS may be a stretch since there is open space between the wheel bearing ring and the speed sensor, but even sounds strange.

let me know how the new antenna works out.

Give the guy a call, take you about 5 minutes to talk with him. 734-854-1355, if nothing else it will be an interesting conversation for someone who is familiar with the terminology, I think his name was Denny.........Owner I beleive.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2009, 06:39:10 PM »

2 Pics of the finished product. I bailed on the Black Luggage rack and Passenger Back rest, so I decided to go with a Black A/C insert.......for 9 bucks I had to give it a shot.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 24 queries.