Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: SEEG Tour Pak Answers  (Read 2589 times)

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
SEEG Tour Pak Answers
« on: December 26, 2005, 11:33:27 PM »

Ok, actually I have questions but know darn well this thread will be soon filled with answers.

As you may know I am the proud new poppa of a new to me 04 SEEG O/B. One of the reasons this bike has joined the garage with a perfectly good RK & FB is the desire to setup a nice long distance tourer...so thus becomes the challenge of the tour pak. I am curious what you vetren tour pak users prefer . . King or Chopped? Of course chopped looks great on these hot rods but for the same money why give of the space? So I am leaning toward the King. I've never had a Harley Tour Pak so forgive my ignorance, do they (Kings) all have to come with the side light? I look up the King Tour Pak on the moco website with the matching O/B paint, and it says it only works with the Chopped backrest - yet the same tourpak in a plain color can take the king backrest? for this kind of investment I would prefer more than a lil square backpad they seem to show in some pics. I also would like to add the spoiler light deal, will any of the luggage racks work or not with this? Thanks in advance for all the wonderful advice to follow, I have spent most of the day reading past threads about this stuff and getting closer to figuring this order out, heck wasn't this hard buying the bike! :D
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
Re: SEEG Tour Pak Answers
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 12:28:50 AM »

Ok, I'll jump in here. I have an '04 as well (blue&black), I bought it new & have had the king pack since day one. I only use it for long distance touring as I like the "hot rod look" around town & for short trips. To answer your questions;
1. No - it comes with a plastic chrome-like strip that you remove if you want lights
2.  The full sized backrest works fine - that's what I went with (the naviguesser likes it better)
3. I don't have the spoiler but it should work fine, I do have a luggage rack though (can't remember the syle/part #)

Hope this helps!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 12:32:52 AM »

ceej; Here is a thread that discusses this issue in detail.

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1127123121/0

You can also try the search function at the top of the page and find many more references.
Good Luck [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 08:45:01 AM »

I just put the tourpack spoiler light on my chopped tourpack with the "mini" luggage rack.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 08:45:55 AM by Boatman »

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 09:33:45 AM »

I just put the tourpack spoiler light on my chopped tourpack with the "mini" luggage rack.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 10:11:53 AM »

I have an 04 SEEG (blue and black) and ordered the King Tour Pack color matched.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 10:14:20 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 10:12:10 AM »

MJZ-I should have paid more attention but I don't believe I drilled thru the pinstripes as my spoiler was mounted to the rear with the mini rack.  I did cover up the tips of the stripes with the spoiler though.  I just can't remember if I drilled thru the stripes, once the holes were drilled the damage was done.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 10:52:04 AM »

ceej,
I have the O/B like you, and have the king tour pak for mines. It is set up on quick release brackets as I only using it when traveling. Several reasons I got the king versus the chopped were.

1. Was only going to use it for traveling (I like the sportier look for just cruising).

2. Chopped tour pak was $100.00 more for less space (why pay more for something you only going to use when traveling, and get less space [smiley=confused5.gif]).

I only have small backrest on it, but am planning on upgrading to another seat and backrest (I've never used it (tour pak) with rider on back, so haven't heard in complaining/convincing to upgrade it).

I did install the Premium Tour Pak Luggage Rack P/N
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 11:14:07 AM »

All right, I am getting hopeful here. I am getting my parts number list together. I will be getting the King as it just makes much more practical sense....that may be a first in my Harley life, anyhow it seems it may have seen a price increase??? In the 05 catalog it is listed 53155-04BKM King tour pak O/B and listed as $849 - yet online at H-D.com it now comes up as $949! Also both online and in catalog, despite it being a king pak, still says will only work wit chopped backrests, I am getting from you guys this is incorrect, I hope. Heck, once again crazy price points, as the matching SE chopped backrest is 239 and most of the larger more comfortable ones are like 200$ ?? The seat would be for the lil woman and need to keep her happy and also the real reason for the tour pak is her shopping abilities as I have been out for weeks at a time coast to coast and been fine on my RK with a ditty bag and if needed have the lid sacks for the saddle bags, so for her a King tour pak it will be.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 11:20:38 AM »

Fired00d, Thanks for the info and posting that great pic of you in the badlands - gives me a great look at your pak and loaded luggage rack at that, yep, thats what I'm lookin for! Aren't the Badlands incredible! Looks like you got a nice matching jacket there to, my christmas gift from the girl was a cool new Torque jacket which has some orange to match the new scoot, I swear I could open my own leather shop soon!
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 11:24:48 AM »

Also both online and in catalog, despite it being a king pak, still says will only work wit chopped backrests, I am getting from you guys this is incorrect, I hope. Heck, once again crazy price points, as the matching SE chopped backrest is 239 and most of the larger more comfortable ones are like 200$ ??

ceej, the reason they're saying that is because it comes pre-drilled for the backrest pads like the ones used on the chopped packs.  They're expecting you will use the one that matches the stock SEEG seat, which they only offer in the smaller style.  But you can use whatever full size backrest you want and fill the holes and it will look just fine.  I have the Comfort Stitch seat and passenger backrest on my king tour-pak.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 11:31:16 AM »

All right, I am getting hopeful here. I am getting my parts number list together. I will be getting the King as it just makes much more practical sense....that may be a first in my Harley life, anyhow it seems it may have seen a price increase??? [highlight]In the 05 catalog it is listed 53155-04BKM King tour pak O/B and listed as $849 - yet online at H-D.com it now comes up as $949! Also both online and in catalog, despite it being a king pak, still says will only work wit chopped backrests, I am getting from you guys this is incorrect, I hope.[/highlight] Heck, once again crazy price points, as the matching SE chopped backrest is 239 and most of the larger more comfortable ones are like 200$ ?? The seat would be for the lil woman and need to keep her happy and also the real reason for the tour pak is her shopping abilities as I have been out for weeks at a time coast to coast and been fine on my RK with a ditty bag and if needed have the lid sacks for the saddle bags, so for her a King tour pak it will be.

ceej,
I would think that price might be an error. If you notice they are only charging $849 for the Blue/Black. I know we have a nicer looking paint/color, ;) but I would doubt that it would be $100 more expensive. I did notice where it said about only fitting with chopped tour pak backrest, but this too may be a misprint.

The Badlands were awesome I'm going to have to go back again soon. In that picture the bag on the luggage rack is the T-Bag Dekker Supreme, which equals the space/capacity of the King Tour Pak. As for the jacket, something about after I got my bike all my clothing accessories have to have orange and black in them
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2005, 11:31:34 AM »

MJZ-I should have paid more attention but I don't believe I drilled thru the pinstripes as my spoiler was mounted to the rear with the mini rack.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 11:34:35 AM »

ceej, the reason they're saying that is because it comes pre-drilled for the backrest pads like the ones used on the chopped packs.
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2005, 11:48:56 AM »

Yes, you do.  The backrest will come with a template to use.  It attaches to the lid directly behind the armrest portion where, on a new lid, there will be no holes.

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 24 queries.