Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Random Debate about Sapper's bike (that he doesn't have yet)!!!  (Read 14254 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Random Debate about Sapper's bike (that he doesn't have yet)!!!
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2009, 10:31:42 PM »

Me and a couple other members of this forum passed on the spiced rum that set at Eagle's Nest HD for a couple months.  It was the big blue that sold me and I haven't looked back. :2vrolijk_21:

It's been two or three months since then and  still haven't saw a spiced rum on the road here in Calif.  I think they're all back east. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2009, 01:07:10 PM »

Here is an update about the my quest for the elusive SESG.

I was at COB Speicher the other day and spoke to a different and very knowledgeable ENCS salesmen.  He told me that one of the possible courses of action that may happen is that my sales rep could allocate me a SESG of any color in the next available allocation thus guaranteeing me a bike.  As other allocations become available they can switch me to others available through the program which also generally means that will delay the delivery date.  For me that is a good thing because otherwise I'd have to start making interest payments ahead of schedule.  What it boils down to is that I have a few more options than I thought, because I can switch to another color or to a later delivery date.  This also makes me feel a little sick that I missed the Spiced Rum that was available back in August.  Nothing I could do about it because I was gone on a mission when it was available and I didn't have a chance to pick it up anyway, tut armed with this info I could have told them to lock me into any SESG.

With this new info I plan to let my sales rep know that I'll take any color with any delivery date, hoping that the later available bikes will give me a second chance at a choice in color and possibly a targeted delivery date.

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2009, 01:14:48 PM »

Sounds like the makings of a plan! :2vrolijk_21:
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2009, 01:24:01 PM »

With this new info I plan to let my sales rep know that I'll take any color with any delivery date, hoping that the later available bikes will give me a second chance at a choice in color and possibly a targeted delivery date.

Have you decided on color yet? I think all three are sharp, but I like my Rum.
Tequila ALWAYS got me in trouble, and I'm not much for the Vino  :)

A good spiced rum ... such as Blackbeard's Reserve 26 ... well now ....
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

TEQUILA -aka- RED RUM

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2009, 01:36:00 PM »

Me and a couple other members of this forum passed on the spiced rum that set at Eagle's Nest HD for a couple months.  It was the big blue that sold me and I haven't looked back. :2vrolijk_21:

It's been two or three months since then and  still haven't saw a spiced rum on the road here in Calif.  I think they're all back east. :nixweiss:
I think Blue is most likely one of the best colors.............. :2vrolijk_21:

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2009, 01:37:16 PM »

Have you decided on color yet? I think all three are sharp, but I like my Rum.
Tequila ALWAYS got me in trouble, and I'm not much for the Vino  :)

A good spiced rum ... such as Blackbeard's Reserve 26 ... well now ....

I want a Concord, but will take what I can get.  Household 6 says no to the Rum.  Tactically speaking I gotta sell the wife on this bike and I'm sure you don't need an explanation there.  That leaves the Tequila and the Concord.  I've already got a seat that matches the Concord, but I'm not going to let a seat change keep me away from a SESG.

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2009, 01:50:09 PM »

I want a Concord, but will take what I can get.  Household 6 says no to the Rum.  Tactically speaking I gotta sell the wife on this bike and I'm sure you don't need an explanation there.  That leaves the Tequila and the Concord.  I've already got a seat that matches the Concord, but I'm not going to let a seat change keep me away from a SESG.

Wife started out wanting the Concord anything but the Rum, but once in the showroom The dazzle of the Tequila was intoxicating!

So it went home with Us and We're both Very Happy! :orange: :bananarock: :drink: :drink: :drink:

One thing that concerned me is that in the shop the slowest movers seemed to be the Blue bikes in general. May be an illusion? Personally its my favorite color but we had one Blue Road King wit 500 miles on it and priced at wholesale it still sat in the showroom for a 18 months. I cannot see this happening to an SESG in any color but it affected my purchase. That said one look at JC's and who doesn't want a Blue one????
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2009, 02:05:05 PM »

Wife started out wanting the Concord anything but the Rum, but once in the showroom The dazzle of the Tequila was intoxicating!

So it went home with Us and We're both Very Happy! :orange: :bananarock: :drink: :drink: :drink:

One thing that concerned me is that in the shop the slowest movers seemed to be the Blue bikes in general. May be an illusion? Personally its my favorite color but we had one Blue Road King wit 500 miles on it and priced at wholesale it still sat in the showroom for a 18 months. I cannot see this happening to an SESG in any color but it affected my purchase. That said one look at JC's and who doesn't want a Blue one????

Well.....me!!   :D 

It's the same thing around here...blue bikes are the last to move.  My dealer didn't even ask for a blue SESG for 2010.  Took another Spiced Rum instead.  Go figure.  But he's right.  I put my red '08 Street Glide on consignment with my dealer to buy my SESG...it stayed on the floor a grand total of 3 days before it was scarfed up.  I got what I was asking for it too.  Another guy put an '07 blue Street Glide on consignment with them about two weeks after mine sold, and it's still sitting on the floor.  I didn't do a lot to my SG to make it any different from this guy's SG, other than his is blue.  Go figure.... :nixweiss:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2009, 02:25:16 PM »

Well.....me!!   :D 

It's the same thing around here...blue bikes are the last to move.  My dealer didn't even ask for a blue SESG for 2010.  Took another Spiced Rum instead.  Go figure.  But he's right.  I put my red '08 Street Glide on consignment with my dealer to buy my SESG...it stayed on the floor a grand total of 3 days before it was scarfed up.  I got what I was asking for it too.  Another guy put an '07 blue Street Glide on consignment with them about two weeks after mine sold, and it's still sitting on the floor.  I didn't do a lot to my SG to make it any different from this guy's SG, other than his is blue.  Go figure.... :nixweiss:

:devil:

I think all the SESG colors are sharp.  Foolish or not I don't really care about what other peoples preference might be on this thing when I'm done with it.  The last thing this machine is, is an investment for good monetary capital.  It's for enjoyment.  Get away from that and I think you miss the point.

I make moderate decisions with my home that way, because it is that type of an investment where I need to make decisions that fit a criteria where changes are cost effective, beneficial to me and my family, and appealing to a broad range of buyers.  When I do the work myself and am frugal about tools and materials I get to enjoy the benefits of the remodeling and usually make a profit.  Not the same thing with a machine that depreciates the day you buy it.

My plan for now is to keep this bike.  Maybe it will stay in the family, but I have no plans to trade it in later/ever.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2009, 02:26:10 PM »

Heres an 07 sesg clone or serkvertible or roadking with faring, ...I tried to keep up but then realized it was fruitless.

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2009, 02:32:34 PM »

miker, my dad did the same thing with his 07 SERK (red).  He did the fairing and the hard bags.  After seeing/riding his bike I was more than hooked.  I'd decided to buy an 09 street glide though.  That is until August when they released the 2010 SESG.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2009, 02:38:35 PM »

I did all that and never loved the bike...sold it and bought a harleybago..happy with it for its job in SoFla on the super slab but.....  ::)

You are gonna love the new chassis...

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2009, 02:45:33 PM »

I did all that and never loved the bike...sold it and bought a harleybago..happy with it for its job in SoFla on the super slab but.....  ::)

You are gonna love the new chassis...

You are damn right!  It is going to take so long to wipe the chit eatin grin off my face you couldn't be more right.  Most of it is about perspective.  1st beer in 1 year is an outstanding beer!  First Lay in a year, first hot shower without having to walk through sand there and back, first bike ride on my first CVO.  Life after deployment has a honeymoon phase.  The key is to keep in mind the appreciation you have for simple things before you lose them.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2009, 02:46:58 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2009, 02:59:52 PM »

Heres an 07 sesg clone or serkvertible or roadking with faring, ...I tried to keep up but then realized it was fruitless.

Lazy Loser!!! :P ::) :D :D :D :D :D ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 20 queries.