Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: RINEHART 2 into1 Header  (Read 3148 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

RINEHART 2 into1 Header
« on: December 29, 2005, 09:13:08 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Ladies and Gentleman,
  See where BUB's finally introduced RINEHART's 2 into 1 Exhaust.  Gerald and Don Tilley tested them over 2 years ago.  They're listed in the new J&P Parts Catalog, and also in Jan./Feb. Iron Works.  Look pretty neat to me.  Wonder how they're gonna' sound and perform?  Might put a set on Ol' Maudie.  I was lookin' at Her up on the lift at Tilley's Monday, absent Her exhaust.  Looks like all I need is a chrome belt pulley cover, over there.  Still gonna' look a little naked, though.  A Bagger just don't look right, to me, without duals.  Might grow on me, though.  Don't know if they would help me any, other than low-end.  Long as they don't hurt my top-end, I may consider.  Decisions, decisions.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
Re: RINEHART 2 into1 Header
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 09:21:05 PM »

« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 09:22:09 PM by jeffj »

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 10:21:18 PM »

« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 10:22:04 PM by reo »

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 12:13:17 AM »

I wouldn't worry about the looks. I'm sure BUB Ent. is working on a "Falsee" bolt on pipe for the left side like Thunderheader and the D&D FatCat systems have now. If there is money to be made, it's just a matter of time.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 12:29:31 AM »

HUBBARD-
   I felt the same way about not having two pipes hangin out the back of my bagger. But I ended up going with a 2into1 anyways just for the performance factor. After awhile it really did grow on me. Now I can't imagine having true duals out back. My 2:1 really looks good on the bike. I have the D&D "Borezilla". Made for "bigger bore" bikes. These pipes absolutely kick some a$$! Fit A1, Chrome A1, Sound great but pretty damn loud! At WFO the bitch just whales!!!
  My dyno dude said it had the best torque curve of any pipe he's dynoed with awesome high rpm #'s.
  The group of guys I ride with have Rinhardt & Bazzani true duals, Hooker, Thunder Header and V&H. By standers usually look past the other pipes and ask me what pipe I have and usually say Damn that sounds nice and can't believe how good the chrome and looks are of my D&D Borezilla.

Give 'Ole Maudie a treat and let her Bark on the bottom and Whale all the way to WFO!!

Just my experience and thoughts.

There endith the lesson [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif],

Grover

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 11:57:29 AM »

Was wondering when someone would start talking about these, I saw em last week on another forum. Hub I heard your bike from behind and must say I cant imagine it sounding any better or more responsive. Shure everyone knows a v twin will benefit from a two into one design but I would believe these pipes were designed for the 88 cu in motor and would create a choking efect on a large motor like yours Hub.

[opinion] I would never put a two into one pipe on a bagger, I'm currently looking at true dual samson fishtails for my wifes deluxe [/opinion]

Another thing to think about Hub, I see where their calling this series of pipes the cross dresser 2 into one exhaust I believe they have a two into two series also

Yeah, 'er 'uh, reo,

« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 11:58:48 AM by HUBBARD »
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 12:11:52 PM »

Hub, I believe we're getting somewhere. I've always heard that there are almost no 2-into-1 pipes designed for the 103" engines, V & H has said theirs are not really for 103", double D's are an exception. Wonder why H-D doesn't point that out on SE 2-into-1's (V&H OEM), must be revenue driven? [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Now about them falsies, they're just not the real deal, or to put it in more visual terms (synthetic or natural):
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 01:12:15 PM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 12:41:40 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, reo,

« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 12:42:53 PM by GROVER »

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 12:51:15 PM »

CVOJoe,

RB Racing make what they call the LSR Black Hole 2:1 Pipe for baggers. Will handle large HP bikes 103" and over.

Supposedely an awesome pipe.

Website www.rbracing-rsr.com

geezerglide

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 01:19:42 PM »

Thanks Geezer, I'll take a look and keep them in mind as we wait for Rinehart to come out with theirs. It almost becomes a return on investment deal with the pipes, re-tuning, labor, and all that against the HP/Torque increase. I must have gone through 4-5 sets of pipes on FLTRSEI, and finally settled on one, just never liked the look of 2-into-1 on baggers, but that's a visual thing (see above pic).
Cheers  [smiley=drink.gif]
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 01:57:47 PM »

HUBBARD-

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 07:35:18 PM »

When I locate the dyno sheets I will post. Probably early next week.

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2005, 07:46:37 PM »

CVOJoe,

RB Racing make what they call the LSR Black Hole 2:1 Pipe for baggers. Will handle large HP bikes 103" and over.

Supposedely an awesome pipe.

Website www.rbracing-rsr.com

geezerglide
Geezer- Your right, the RB racing is an incredible pipe. That's the pipe Hals speedshop frequently uses & told me to go with. But they also said the D&D Borezilla is a top rate contender too. I decided to go with the D&D. I just might have to try out the RB 2:1 to see what the differance is.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2005, 08:26:26 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, reo,

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2005, 10:46:42 AM »

Hub, I believe we're getting somewhere. I've always heard that there are almost no 2-into-1 pipes designed for the 103" engines, V & H has said theirs are not really for 103", double D's are an exception. Wonder why H-D doesn't point that out on SE 2-into-1's (V&H OEM), must be revenue driven? [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [highlight]Now about them falsies, they're just not the real deal, or to put it in more visual terms (synthetic or natural): [/highlight]

Does it matter??????? Maybe I'm just old, and not as picky as I used to be?
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 24 queries.