Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wrapping baffles  (Read 1037 times)

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road glide. Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited Sold
Wrapping baffles
« on: January 06, 2010, 08:17:23 AM »

With the fullsac baffles can you wrap fiberglass directly on the baffle and still leave the stock baffling in place? Will it help soften the sound a little? I know there is a little space between the stock packing and  the baffle itself.   

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: Wrapping baffles
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 08:20:59 AM »

From what I have learned on here, the tighter the packing around the baffle, the louder the sound.  Hopefully Dartman chimes in as he is the forum guru on the CVO mufflers/baffles.  He's done about everything to them to get the sound he wanted.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 09:32:12 AM »

:drink:

I wrapped my Rineharts with sound baffle materail from Fuel Moto and it worked great.  Softened and lowered the sound significantly.  $30.00 bucks and a six pack.

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 10:10:30 AM »

With the fullsac baffles can you wrap fiberglass directly on the baffle and still leave the stock baffling in place? Will it help soften the sound a little? I know there is a little space between the stock packing and  the baffle itself.   

I did exactly that. Really, don't notice much of a difference, maybe just a little quieter.
HOGMIKE

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 05:05:41 PM »

I have never felt the need to lower the tone on my 1.75 fullsac baffles, but your correct you could fill the gap between the baffle and the OEM screen and packing and possibly lower the sound a few decibles if that is your desire, I use this packing on my Supertrapps with K-3 baffles or Mikunis and others with tuneable discs with great success.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-x-38-MOTORCYCLE-EXHAUST-MUFFLER-PACKING-WRAP_W0QQitemZ130356504561QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1e59da67f1

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road glide. Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited Sold
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 05:24:39 PM »

I think the sound on a SEUC will be a little quieter than on a SERG just because the tour pak would keep the sound from reaching the rider. Thats ehy I was wondering if wapping the baffles on the SERG would tone it down just a little. I came off a UC. No regrets going to the SERG, just finding the right combo for me. 

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 09:15:42 PM »

I have 2 inch Fullsac baffles and have tried wrapping and also without. Very hard to tell any difference on my bike, but I do have wrap on them know.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 09:51:14 PM »

I have 2 inch Fullsac baffles and have tried wrapping and also without. Very hard to tell any difference on my bike, but I do have wrap on them know.

What he said!
 :nixweiss:
HOGMIKE

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 24 queries.