Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: VANCE & HINES QUESTIONS  (Read 13659 times)

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 Sunset Orange / Sunset Black Fade
    • CVO2: 2010 Concord FLHXSE - Sold
VANCE & HINES QUESTIONS
« on: January 12, 2010, 08:51:43 PM »

I know that there have been many post regarding power duals, true duals and slip-ons all from V&H.  A number of individuals indicated they were doing installs over the holidays and would post updates.  I can't find any updates.  Here are my questions:  

Compared to the stock SESG system how do these combinations compare?
1. Power duals with hi-output slip-ons
2. Dresser duals with hi-output slip-ons
Will I really give up that much power with the dresser duals vs. the power duals?

The hi-outputs are 4.5" at the end so I'm thinking they will look great with the dropped bags.  I'm also not 100% sold on the heat shield "X" on the power duals.  Otherwise I would order a set tomorrow.  The new V&H dresser duals are routed under the frame, same as 09 & 10 systems and really look great in the V&H photos.  There are other slip-ons that look great but the 4.5" I think are one of the largest (except for the Boom Cans of course).  I'm more interested in low ~ mid end torque vs. top end and I'm looking for mid level sound.  Dealer is really high on the SE Super Tuner so I've agreed to have it installed upon arrival of my new ride in the next few weeks.  With the cold weather here in Upstate NY, my first ride will be in Daytona.  Dealer claims he can get the bike "properly" setup with V&H pipes and SEST before I go away.  I have very little (if any) engine tuning experience and I need to have confidence the bike will run well for the 10 days I'm in Fl.  

I'm interested in any and all comments from all you experts out there.  Thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:54:23 PM by slamr »

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: VANCE & HINES QUESTIONS
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 09:58:08 PM »

good post , i'm woundering  the same things, cause i  don't like  the look of the v/h  pwr dauls pipe

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 11:36:14 PM »

I agree, don't really like look of power dual pipe either (nor do I like the look of the stock pipe crossover).  Prefer the look of the 2 into 1 pipe but that saddlebag cutout on the sesg requires something to fill the space!

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 08:55:04 PM »

I'm really surprised I've gotten almost no feedback on this post.  Did I offend you all?  :huepfenjump3:  I really need help here. . . . .

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 09:44:02 PM »

Have you guys considered the Fullsac X-Pipe with Fullsac cores installed in your stock mufflers? I know that this isn't a 2 into 1 solution, but you would be able to keep the stock look with a nice increase in horsepower.

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 10:07:13 PM »

Appreciate the response but:  First of all, non of these V&H are 2 into 1 options.  Secondly,  I still may consider the fulsac options but right now I'm really looking for input on the V&H systems. Fulsac seems to be a known here as they are so active in the forums and Steve is incredible helpful but I have an intersst in looking into the V&H's.

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 10:23:16 PM »

i'd like that info also.....guess no one knows....you've stumped the masses on this  ???? :'( :'(

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 11:34:58 PM »

Okay,
I'll try and help out here...I have Vance and Hines true duals on my 07 SEUC and the Power duals on my SESG.  IMO opinion, there is a noticeable difference in power based on my "seat-of-the-pants" dyno.  :)  Is it enough of a difference to not go with true duals?  Don't know, only you can answer that, because apparently the looks of the power duals bothers you.  The only two into one set up that I know of that would work on the SESG would be the D&D Fatcats and then add the ghost pipe on the left side.  Gives you the 2 into 1 performance but keeps the dual muffler look.  I don't know anything about the high output mufflers, nor have I heard anything about them, so sorry, can't help you there.  I have the Vance and Hines regular ovals on my SEUC and the 4" basic slippons on my SESG and like them both immensely.  Hope this helped.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 01:55:19 PM »

I'm very happy with my power duals and I like the look. Kind of surprised that you guys don't like the cross over look. Sound is not too abrasive also.
SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 09:03:12 PM »

Thanks for your response guys!  Appreciate your input. . . . .  :2vrolijk_21:  I think I'm going to pull the trigger tomorrow and order the V&H Dresser Duals and the Hi-output Slip-ons.  I've spoken to a number of people and everyone has a different opinion on exhaust systems.  I figure if I have the new exhaust installed before I ride the bike stock, I'll never know what I may be giving up (or gaining) vs. the stock system.  However, my dealer has assured me that the true duals and hi-out puts will turn some impressive numbers once I get it dynoed after the break-in.  The Dresser Duals have the look I'm after and that's more important than a few extra HP from the Power Duals.  That crazy "X" in the heat shield of the Power Duals just bugs the hell out of me.  I need to get parts ordered now so if the bike comes in as planned, I'll have everything available for the mods before heading to Daytona.  The wait is driving me crazy so I need to spend some more money now to come back down to earth!  :huepfenjump3:             

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 09:21:47 PM »

does anyone know which of these two  is the loudest, the 2.5  fulsac baffles  or  the hi out put slipons by v/h.........thanks

redrodo

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Limited
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 03:12:23 AM »

I know you said you don't like the Power Dual look but here's a pic with them and the V&H 4" Basic Slip Ons

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 09:43:10 AM »

I've gotten a lot of positive comments on my power duals,have you seen other then a picture with them on?
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 10:10:17 AM »

I have only seen (many) pictures.  I have not seen them in person.  Have you seen the new Dresser Duals that run under the frame like the stock system?  IMHO, both pipes look very similar.  However, the heat shields are the determining factor for me at this point.  The X on the Power Duals seems to distract from the smooth flow of the shields.  The new Dresser Duals almost look stock.  The older V&H pipes had "power chambers" but I believe they were marketed as "hidden".  These old systems had heat shields more like the new Dresser Duals.  They did not emphasize the crossover in the shields.  I'll admit I'm being an ass about this but I need to be happy with the overall appearance as well as the performance.  I feel the Dresser Duals will get me both!  BTW, if I block out the X, the pictures of the Power Duals due look very good.  V&H make a great looking, beefy system.  Both the Dresser & Power Duals have the same diameter shields.             

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 11:08:42 AM »

If you had the stock header aside of the power dual header you would see the internal difference,the PDuals flow 55 right side/45 left side,much different then stock flow (80/20)and sound better too.I know you have to go with what looks better to you but I think the Pdual is kind of cool.
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.