Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: VANCE & HINES QUESTIONS  (Read 13665 times)

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 Sunset Orange / Sunset Black Fade
    • CVO2: 2010 Concord FLHXSE - Sold
Re: VANCE & HINES QUESTIONS
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 11:19:24 AM »

So does that mean the Dresser Duals flow at 50/50?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 11:58:21 AM by slamr »

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 11:59:22 AM »

yes
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 06:10:02 PM by bob2002 »
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

Mikey

• 2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Get the gold, make the rules!

• CVO1: FLHRSEi2 2003
    • CVO2: FLTRUSE 2015
    • Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 01:04:31 PM »

Slamr,
Go with the look you like best. You will never "feel" the difference in any free flowing system.
GET THE GOLD, MAKE THE RULES!
2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Limited Edition 100th Anniversary
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/gallery/452_21_04_11_11_12_33.jpg

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 03:24:20 PM »

i'm with slamr, i going with v/h  Dresser duals, with v/h hi-output slip-ons , that looks the best to me, now will just  a "hd flash" work,  or will i have to puschase a program like the tt or a pc ,

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 07:52:27 PM »

Okay, an update to what I did today. . . . .  I didn't buy a new head pipe!  :-\   Point one:  I'm 99% sure I don't want the Power Duals due to the heat shield design.  Point two:  I'm 99.9% sure I want more of the stock look or the look of the V&H Dresser Duals.  Point three:  I'm not sure if I want the V&H Dresser Duals, modified stock head pipe (i.e. cat removed) or the new Fullsac pipe.  As Mikey noted: "Go with the look you like best. You will never "feel" the difference in any free flowing system" and I totally agree.  I was rushing into a decision to get the head pipe done before I go to Daytona in March.  At this point I don't even know if the bike will arrive on time.  What I did decide on today was to order the V&H Hi-out put slip-ons and a few other goodies to hold me over until after Daytona.  I'll get 1000 miles on the bike and then settle on the head pipe and get it dynoed.  I'll just need to survive the first 1000 miles with the cat still installed.  Appreciate all the feedback and I look forward to more comments.  :huepfenjump3:       

redrodo

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Limited
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 09:50:30 AM »

Okay, an update to what I did today. . . . .  I didn't buy a new head pipe!  :-\   Point one:  I'm 99% sure I don't want the Power Duals due to the heat shield design.  Point two:  I'm 99.9% sure I want more of the stock look or the look of the V&H Dresser Duals.  Point three:  I'm not sure if I want the V&H Dresser Duals, modified stock head pipe (i.e. cat removed) or the new Fullsac pipe.  As Mikey noted: "Go with the look you like best. You will never "feel" the difference in any free flowing system" and I totally agree.  I was rushing into a decision to get the head pipe done before I go to Daytona in March.  At this point I don't even know if the bike will arrive on time.  What I did decide on today was to order the V&H Hi-out put slip-ons and a few other goodies to hold me over until after Daytona.  I'll get 1000 miles on the bike and then settle on the head pipe and get it dynoed.  I'll just need to survive the first 1000 miles with the cat still installed.  Appreciate all the feedback and I look forward to more comments.  :huepfenjump3:       
You are thinking entirely to reasonable. Our economy needs in pulse decisions so we can change our minds and buy something different later.

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 11:49:35 AM »

I'm not sure what possessed me to hold off for now. . . . .  What's a few hundred bucks between friends?  :huepfenjump3:

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2010, 03:00:45 PM »

If you like the sound that a true dual exhaust system produces, than go with the VH dressure Duals......there is nothing sweeter than listening to the loping pulse of the your V-Twin while idling......in my option, this far outweights the slight loss in preformace.

I have the VH power duals with the monster ovals and it sounds great....but, I love the sound of true duals and will be changing to the VH Dresser Duals.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 02:15:20 PM by n2358 »

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 04:40:08 PM »

I've been monitoring this thread for a quite a while and thanks to all of you for your input.  I won't be riding until Spring, so I've got time to look for the best option.  At this point it feels like I should just go with the High Output Slip On's and a tune, then go from there.  I'm looking for more of the V&H Sound than huge performance increases.

With that said, I do like the idea of a more balanced flow coming out of the V&H headers than the stocks.  I've discolored a few right side pipes in the past with both V&H slip ons and Rush slip ons riding hard from Sturgis to WI in a day.  so the balance might help that problem out :)

Is the sound that different with a different head pipe?
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

maac16324

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 08 Dyna
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 05:35:38 PM »

I am spending the winter in New Zealand and picked up a 2010 UC Limited for touring (they don't sell CVO's in Australia and NZ). After 7000 kms the dealer in Auckland coilllected all of the parts I wanted to get the bike running right. I went with the V&H Dresser Duals and absolutely love the look and sound. I also went with SE Pipes (probably made by V&H), PCV custom mapped to a 13:1 AFM, SE High FLow air cleaner, Andrews 54H cams. Bike dynoed at 88 hp and 101 ft lbs trq. It now runs like it should and oil temperature dropped from 270 F to 220 F. Worth every penny. The bike throttles great, isn't too noisy and has good power while being easy to get along with.

easyrider9809

• Ridin Orange
  • Full CVO Member
  • 09 CVO
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 02:44:47 PM »

slamr...........tell us what you think when you get the V&H Hi-Output slip-ons installed.  I'm really curoius about what you think about them. I'm looking to ugrade to a non cat head pipe and different slip ons. Right now I'm running with the stock cat head pipe with screaming eagle 4" slip ons.  I'd like to slip-ons with a little more of a agressive sound without totally compromising performance.  Also how far do your V&H slip-ons extend beyond the back of your bags ?..thanks Jeff
09 Road Glide CVO
98 Heritage

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 09:28:38 PM »

Jeff, I'll let you know but my pipes are on BO for another two weeks. There are others on the site that have already installed them and posted photos. They look to extend the same as stock. The first time I get to ride the bike will be in Daytona March 1.  After Daytona I'll decide on a non cat head pipe. Thinking Fullsac x pipe or V&H dresser duals. I'll post info as it becomes available. 

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 02:49:57 PM »

how about the Fullsac X pipe header vs the V&H power duals?

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »

I'm personally not real keen about the appearance of the heat shields of the Power Duals.  (See my previous comments in this thread.)  I understand they are an excellent option for the CVO's but the big "X" distracts from the otherwise beefy appearance, IMHO.  Since all my opinions are based on photos, I will take a look at them when I'm in Daytona.  Maybe seeing them first hand will change my attitude.  I will admit, some of the photos of the Power Duals posted in these forums look great once I get buy the X.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 09:38:50 PM »

I'm personally not real keen about the appearance of the heat shields of the Power Duals.  (See my previous comments in this thread.)  I understand they are an excellent option for the CVO's but the big "X" distracts from the otherwise beefy appearance, IMHO.  Since all my opinions are based on photos, I will take a look at them when I'm in Daytona.  Maybe seeing them first hand will change my attitude.  I will admit, some of the photos of the Power Duals posted in these forums look great once I get buy the X.

It's all a matter of personal taste.  I was a little leary of them when I saw them in pictures too, but I took the plunge anyway and bought them.  Glad I did, they look great on my Cap'n Morgan. I'm glad I got them because the "seat of the pants" dyno says that they significantly added to the "fun quotient". 

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 25 queries.