Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trailering the FLSTSE?  (Read 1836 times)

goldfar

Trailering the FLSTSE?
« on: January 17, 2010, 07:08:07 PM »

Anyone trailer their Softail yet??  I am wondering where the best spots are for the tie downs in the front of the bike.
2010 Screaming Eagle Softail Convertible
Crimson Red/Autum Haze

Blueyz0416

Re: Trailering the FLSTSE?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 07:38:06 PM »

We have a covered trailer and have trailered all types of Harleys, but not the Conv yet.  I'm sure Dave will chime in with how he tied up the Deluxe, FatBoy, and Heritages we've hauled (which should be similar).
Also, we have Kuryakyn wheel chocks which help http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/prodFam/Harley/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/14/scID/103/IMID/879

Carol
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 08:13:12 PM by Blueyz0416 »
Carol

2010 CVO Softail Convertible, "Scarlett"

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 08:22:08 AM »

I think we came to the conclusion that you were going to use soft-ties across the backbone just in front of the tank. On the rear, catch the riders foot peg bracket. Just watch the right pipe for tension issues with the strap. Crank straps for the front and pull straps on the back while using your wheel chock. Snug pull straps first then crank the front. Don't collapse the front end or bottom it out when pulling the straps tight.

Goldfar...  I think that is all we discussed with the exception of the alarm system, either leave the fob on the bars or put it in travel/tow mode?

pleezinme

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 11:57:06 PM »

I trailer both my bikes and the best tie down system is the front frame with softies angled out to floor tie down hooks. 
Back passenger pegs with rachets to side and floor tie downs. Never had a problem. Don't overtighten the peg tiedowns but make sure you check you bike after a few miles for the first look to see if everything is still ok.

Graybeard

• Junior CVO Member
  • Patriot Guard Rider

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Sharon)
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 10:10:10 AM »

I'm considering a trailer for my convertable/ Looking at kendon and Aluma. I don't like the Kendon ramps....and the idea of pushing the bike up single handed is out of the question. If I go with the kendon, I'll get a wider ramp so I can ride the bike up safely.

I do have a question for the group. Considering the low clearance the Convertable has (3.7") does anyone know if the Kendon or other trailers have a problem with the low clearance.

Thanks and ride safe

enormus322

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 03:17:04 AM »

trailer my a lot... i use a LA chock from baxley to secure the front tire in and use soft ties on the handle bars and swing arm to hook the straps into.. i only use ratcheting straps to secure the bike... have ansel tie downs in the floor of my trailer...the LA Chock is well worth the money.. locks the front wheel in place great peace of mind when transporting that much money.........

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 20 queries.