Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Author Topic: It's all about Fullsac  (Read 23791 times)

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
Re: It's all about Fullsac
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2010, 07:49:09 PM »

I want to be able to hear the music when I'm riding on a highway or around town. 

Cheers, Rick   

That's why I got the Hawg Wired 300W amp & 4 speakers in addition to my Fullsac.  :bananarock:

jarica

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Street Glide
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2010, 09:23:39 PM »

Jessie:

I'm curious what replaces the squashed pipe that goes under the frame to the left side of the bike when you install the "X" pipe?

I am procrasinating about doing this mod with mine.

Also did you use new header pipe gaskets? Which one?

Regards
The main reason that I'm going to install Fullsac's x-pipe is to get the bike breathing and reduce the heat.  My bike has gone into engine idle temperature management mode 7 or 8 times in 65-70 degree weather during the 3 weeks that I've had the bike.  The cat has to go!  I expect some performance gain, but that isn't my goal with the Fullsac kit.

Rick
SE Ventilator
SE 255 Cams
Fullsac X-Pipe
Fullsac 2" Baffles
TTS Mastertune

frankshd

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5-BLK 2010 452 of 999
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2010, 09:49:36 PM »

can someone tell me about this fullsac mastertune, will it and can i adjust the fly by wire with it to get the lag out of it and make throttle 1 to 1 thanks loking at this one or se one
D&D 2-1 a/c tts master tune corbin seat,

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2010, 11:00:03 PM »

can someone tell me about this fullsac mastertune, will it and can i adjust the fly by wire with it to get the lag out of it and make throttle 1 to 1 thanks loking at this one or se one

Give Steve a call, get the straight scoop:

Steve George
Owner Fullsac Performance
www.fullsac.com
928-505-2912
HOGMIKE

US.Army.Retired

• Junior CVO Member
  • US Army (Retired)

• CVO1: 2004 Fatboy
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Scarlet Red/Dark Slate
    • CVO3: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2010, 08:33:07 AM »

I installed the TTS Master Tune with Steve's Map and the throttle response is 1000% better. Get the TTS first and save your money on the other tuners!!!

:orange:  :huepfenjump3:  :mango:  :bananarock:  :apple:  :carrot:  :jalapeno:  :cucumber:  :pineapple:  :pepper:  :orange:  :huepfenjump3:  :mango:  :bananarock:  :apple:  :carrot:  :jalapeno:  :cucumber:  :pineapple:  :pepper:  :orange:  :huepfenjump3:  :mango:  :bananarock:  :apple:  :carrot:  :jalapeno:  :cucumber:  :pineapple:  :pepper:  :orange:  :huepfenjump3:  :mango:  :bananarock:  :apple:  :carrot:  :jalapeno:  :cucumber:  :pineapple:  :pepper:  :orange:  :huepfenjump3:  :mango:  :bananarock:  :apple:  :carrot:  :jalapeno:  :cucumber:  :pineapple:  :pepper:  :orange:  :huepfenjump3:  :mango:  :bananarock:  :apple:  :carrot:  :jalapeno:  :cucumber:  :pineapple:  :pepper:  :orange:  :huepfenjump3:  :mango:  :bananarock:  :apple:  :carrot:  :jalapeno:  :cucumber:  :pineapple:  :pepper:  :orange:  :huepfenjump3:  :mango:  :bananarock:  :apple:  :carrot:  :jalapeno:  :cucumber:  :pineapple:  :pepper:  :orange:  :huepfenjump3:  :mango:  :bananarock:  :apple:  :carrot:  :jalapeno:  :cucumber:  :pineapple:  :pepper:  :orange:  :huepfenjump3:  :mango:  :bananarock:  :apple:  :carrot:  :jalapeno:  :cucumber:  :pineapple:  :pepper:  :orange:  :huepfenjump3:  :mango:  :bananarock:  :apple:  :carrot:  :jalapeno:  :cucumber:  :pineapple:  :pepper:  :orange:  :huepfenjump3:  :mango:  :bananarock:  :apple:  :carrot:  :jalapeno:  :cucumber:  :pineapple:  :pepper:  :orange:  :huepfenjump3:  :mango:  :bananarock:  :apple:  :carrot:  :jalapeno:  :cucumber:  :pineapple:  :pepper:

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2010, 11:29:51 AM »

I've thought about that as well but there might be a good reason for it. Is it possible that the design of that apparent choke point might be factored in on the total performance of the exhaust?

In other words, by allowing more exhaust to pass under to the left side muffler, could that perhaps actually reduce the performance of the crossover header design?

That would probably take some dyno testing to prove or disprove I'm sure.
Hi Guys!

That squashed pipe was one of the first things I replaced with a nice round one and dynoed. Zero gain. The stocker flows all the small 90 deg bend can flow.

Jesse, Your 1.75s are going out today.

Done a lot of testing with packing material. So has Harley. The stock layer against the outer wall in CVO mufflers is very effective in smoothing and reducing
the overall sound level. As a kid I put shag carpet and egg crates on the walls of the garage so we could crank the guitars and play the drums with out the
neighbors calling the cops. As an adult, my dyno room has got the same treatment is an effort to absorb as much sound as possible at the source.
Works the same with out the all pot smoke. Wrapping the cores themselfs will actualy restrict the sound waves from entering the can and reduce the
overall volume of the can, increasing the sound level until the material burns away. Wich it will do in a short period of time when exposed to the high temps
of the core itself. I hope this info helps to keep sound levels down.

If you need to refurbish your stock packing, The E bay link earlier in this thread is very high quality packing material at a fair price. 
http://shop.ebay.com/ndangels/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25
Just purchased and used some myself to test. Good stuff! I'm attempting to source it and stock it. Anybody know the actual manufacture? Please PM me.

Thanks everyone for your continued support.
Steve George
Fullsac Performance
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

jarica

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2010, 01:11:46 PM »

Hi Guys!

That squashed pipe was one of the first things I replaced with a nice round one and dynoed. Zero gain. The stocker flows all the small 90 deg bend can flow.

Jesse, Your 1.75s are going out today.

Done a lot of testing with packing material. So has Harley. The stock layer against the outer wall in CVO mufflers is very effective in smoothing and reducing
the overall sound level. As a kid I put shag carpet and egg crates on the walls of the garage so we could crank the guitars and play the drums with out the
neighbors calling the cops. As an adult, my dyno room has got the same treatment is an effort to absorb as much sound as possible at the source.
Works the same with out the all pot smoke. Wrapping the cores themselfs will actualy restrict the sound waves from entering the can and reduce the
overall volume of the can, increasing the sound level until the material burns away. Wich it will do in a short period of time when exposed to the high temps
of the core itself. I hope this info helps to keep sound levels down.

If you need to refurbish your stock packing, The E bay link earlier in this thread is very high quality packing material at a fair price. 
http://shop.ebay.com/ndangels/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25
Just purchased and used some myself to test. Good stuff! I'm attempting to source it and stock it. Anybody know the actual manufacture? Please PM me.

Thanks everyone for your continued support.
Steve George
Fullsac Performance

One of the best sources for ceramic exhaust wraps is McMaster-Carr at www.mcmaster.com.  Here's a link to p. 3481 of their online catalog.  Some of these wraps are rated for 2300 degree heat.  Should do the trick! 

Rick
SE Ventilator
SE 255 Cams
Fullsac X-Pipe
Fullsac 2" Baffles
TTS Mastertune

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2010, 01:27:45 PM »

I've been researching all day on muffler packing material and my findings brought me to ceramic fiber as well. After and exhaustive search I found that Unifrax makes Fiberfrax S Durablanket which looks to me to be a superior product over other ceramic fibers.

Here's a good source for info (click on link and open the PDF file). http://www.unifrax.com/prodinfo.nsf/LookupByFormNo/C-1421/$File/Form%20C-1421Blanket%20%26%20Mat%2012-08.pdf

I decided to make a purchase from these folks. http://www.infraredheaters.com/insulati.htm#Secure%20Online%20Credit%20Card%20Ordering%20-%20SSL%20Encryption

You have to buy a minimum of 12 square feet but the price is less than 50 bucks including shipping.

Operating temp of 2150 and melting point of 3200 F. So the the temperatures will not be an issue. I'm curious how this product will hold up under the vibration but only time will tell. Should arrive the same time the 1.75 cores do.

I'll install as soon as everything arrives and share my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 01:47:05 PM by jesse111 »

jarica

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2010, 01:32:14 PM »

I've been researching all day on muffler packing material and my findings brought me to ceramic fiber as well. After and exhaustive search I found that Thermal Products Company makes Fiberfax S Durablanket which looks to me to be a superior product over other ceramic fibers.http://thermalproductsco.thomasnet.com/viewitems/thermal-products-fiberfrax-blankets/durablanket-s?

I decided to make a purchase from these folks. http://www.morelectricheating.com/default.aspx?page=home

You have to buy a minimum of 12 square feet but the price is less than 50 bucks including shipping.

Operating temp of 2150 and melting point of 3200 F. So the the temperatures will not be an issue. I'm curious how this product will hold up under the vibration but only time will tell. Should arrive the same time the 1.75 cores do.

Nice work, Jesse.  I look forward to hearing about your results.

Rick
SE Ventilator
SE 255 Cams
Fullsac X-Pipe
Fullsac 2" Baffles
TTS Mastertune

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2010, 09:39:25 AM »

I've been researching all day on muffler packing material and my findings brought me to ceramic fiber as well. After and exhaustive search I found that Unifrax makes Fiberfrax S Durablanket which looks to me to be a superior product over other ceramic fibers.

Here's a good source for info (click on link and open the PDF file). http://www.unifrax.com/prodinfo.nsf/LookupByFormNo/C-1421/$File/Form%20C-1421Blanket%20%26%20Mat%2012-08.pdf

I decided to make a purchase from these folks. http://www.infraredheaters.com/insulati.htm#Secure%20Online%20Credit%20Card%20Ordering%20-%20SSL%20Encryption

I bought the same on Monday.  The blanket is 48" tall by 36" wide by 1" thick.  I saw some on eBay that are 24" tall and twice as much.  When comparing the cost of the material plus shipping from eBay vs. www.morelectricheating.com (aka www.infraredheaters.com) you get twice as much for the same price.  The only downside with the 48" tall blanket is that it will have to be cut.  From my estimates, a 4" can will need about 13" of material (4" x 3.14).

Charles
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2010, 10:54:19 AM »

I bought the same on Monday.
Charles

The price seemed reasonable to me too. Now you've confirmed that with your ebay search and comparison.

They sent mine out yesterday so it should be here with the cores beginning to middle of next week.

I hope this works out for the both of us. I can't foresee any negative side effects but we'll see. With two of us using it we can get a pretty good idea of how it will work.

I'm going to try and wrap only the stock screen first thus leaving much of the can open for sound refraction such as Steve suggested (basically like stock). After that I'm going to go ahead and wrap the entire can from the baffle to the inside of the muffler wall completely full of fiber.

I will post my results of both packing arrangements.

dep47

• Full CVO Member
  • What a color
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2010, 11:31:07 AM »

I have been looking at this modification also, but have a concern about the noise.  I like the quiet stock pipes, but would like to remove the cat and increase the performance.  Have you tried just running the stock pipes?  I will be interested to see how you think the sound level with the new cores, and packing compares to the stock mufflers.

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2010, 12:38:13 PM »

I like the quiet stock pipes, but would like to remove the cat and increase the performance.

I can appreciate what you are trying to do. Personally, the stock pipes have a certain tone to them that I don't really care for. Right now I'm running 07 RK stock pipes that sound very good to me. They were designed with different baffles for right and left and seem to perform very well. I know they are more restrictive than any aftermarket muffler but they have and excellent tone and rumble with Fullsac gear. I've seen them on ebay and you can get them cheap if interested. I'm trying to get a freer flowing exhaust but it's very challenging when you like it on the quiet side like we do.

However, adding Fullsac to your stock pipes will increase the sound level but in my opinion, it will in no way be too loud. Getting that cat out is very important in my opinion and finding the right exhaust is just a matter of time.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 07:15:25 PM by jesse111 »

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2010, 01:36:16 PM »

I have been looking at this modification also, but have a concern about the noise.  I like the quiet stock pipes, but would like to remove the cat and increase the performance.  Have you tried just running the stock pipes?  I will be interested to see how you think the sound level with the new cores, and packing compares to the stock mufflers.

I am running the stock mufflers/baffles, decatted stock headpipe, and Fullsac's TTS map and am happy with the sound.  The stock mufflers get a little louder with miles-now at 2500..

I did not like the increased sound of the 1.75" baffles.

lvse110se5

• Las Vegas Rick
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Ultra Classic
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2010, 02:07:58 PM »

I have the 2010 cvo ultra and because I live in Las Vegas, I was able to take my bike down to Steve's place in Havasu City and he set it up. I Believe that mine was the first 2010 that he had done. I had the cat removed, 1.75 baffles, andrews 54 cams, cometic head gaskets, SE Ventilator, TTS Master Tune and then he dialed it in on the dyno. It is a pure pleasure to ride, with incredible power, torque and it does not run hot. The noise issue I can relate to. I had the Rhinehart Duals on my 03 and got tired of the noise, even with hawg wired installed. I have changed the speakers to the hog tunes, but even with the stockers I was able to listen to the radio at less than half volume, while cruising at 70 or 80. Thanks CVO site for the info, Fullsac rocks! :mango: :bananarock: :jalapeno: :cucumber:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:09:50 PM by lvse110se5 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 20 queries.