Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Jonga's SEUC to SESG Conversion  (Read 20036 times)

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
Re: Jonga's SEUC to SESG Conversion
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2010, 05:36:40 PM »

They work when the tour pack is on. Powered from the radio's internal amp.

I assume you (or someone) rewired the exisitng harness because the stock harness has no power leads from the rear of the radio to the rear speakers. The only way the rear speakers can be powered up is through the rear amp or running entirely separate +/- wire leads from the rear speakers terminals on the radio's large connector, through the fairing, under the tank and then tap into the matching +/- leads on the left and right TP speakers. You then need connectors that plug and unplug the leads to these speakers when the TP is detached.

I'm curious if that's how you did it or found some other approach to power the rear speakers without the rear amp?

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2010, 05:41:09 PM »

I assume you (or someone) rewired the exisitng harness because the stock harness has no power leads from the rear of the radio to the rear speakers. The only way the rear speakers can be powered up is through the rear amp or running entirely separate +/- wire leads from the rear speakers terminals on the radio's large connector, through the fairing, under the tank and then tap into the matching +/- leads on the left and right TP speakers. You then need connectors that plug and unplug the leads to these speakers when the TP is detached.

I'm curious if that's how you did it or found some other approach to power the rear speakers without the rear amp?

There is a complete writeup on how to do it here:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=45609.0

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2010, 06:25:48 PM »

There is a complete writeup on how to do it here:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=45609.0

Excellent "How to". He did the wiring nearly exactly the same way I had it done (except I didn't have Jim's outstanding description of how to handle the rear amp connections). The only other difference I did was not to cut all the other wires in the event someone ever wanted to go back to the stock harness. I essentially added the pins on the back of the radio connector as Jim did and then ran wiring directly back to the harness under the seat and only cut into the 4 leads going into the rear speakers. The rest of the connections remain intact but no longer powered since the amp is removed.

I only wish I had his "how to" last Fall when I was trying to figure this issue out on my own. It should be very helpful to those that want to power the rear speakers without using the rear amp on 2010's and future SEUCs.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2010, 08:18:36 PM »

Excellent "How to". He did the wiring nearly exactly the same way I had it done (except I didn't have Jim's outstanding description of how to handle the rear amp connections). The only other difference I did was not to cut all the other wires in the event someone ever wanted to go back to the stock harness. I essentially added the pins on the back of the radio connector as Jim did and then ran wiring directly back to the harness under the seat and only cut into the 4 leads going into the rear speakers. The rest of the connections remain intact but no longer powered since the amp is removed.

I only wish I had his "how to" last Fall when I was trying to figure this issue out on my own. It should be very helpful to those that want to power the rear speakers without using the rear amp on 2010's and future SEUCs.

I utilized wires that are already in place to eliminate the need for added wires. The main reason for cutting the extra wires off the rear harness was to make less cabling that needs to be coiled under the seat when the tourpack is off. The ECM connector on the 08+ bikes has been known to have issues with terminals coming loose and then bike problems....If there was ever a need to reinstall the amp the factory amp plug could be easily reinstalled .

fast96

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Mako Shark
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2010, 10:15:17 AM »

That turned out realy nice! I have already added the Harley lowers to my 08 105th had to get creative on the paint had a heck of a time matching the root beer color Harleys paint didnt even come close, we went through 5 packs of gold leaf to find the correct one so if anybody else needs it i have the correct one. Cant wait to post pics soon as my 15 yaer old has time to show me how! HA HA Chris
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 10:17:15 AM by fast96 »
Any day Racin or Ridin is better than workin!

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2010, 12:51:31 PM »

Great  :2vrolijk_21:
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2011, 08:28:38 PM »

Jon brought his bike in to have the SESG rear fender, strut covers, and facia lights installed. Also we removed the rear engine guards and replaced them with the SESG or SERG mounts. I pre ordered the parts primered then sent them off to be painted to match. We also made his tour pack detachable and installed the Hawg-wired "Four in the Face" system. (more on that in another thread).

Here is the first pick I took. rear end stripped off the bike.

The photos are in the first two or three posts on page 1 of this thread. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

sammy56

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG Ruby red
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2011, 01:30:39 PM »

Looks very nice! :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 24 queries.