Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: 09 SERG King Tour Pack Ideas  (Read 12608 times)

serg18

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG Orange- Sold
    • CVO2: 13 SERG gold/green- Sold
    • CVO3: 14 Red CVO limited- new ride
Re: 09 SERG King Tour Pack Ideas
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2010, 06:43:06 PM »

Wow!!! Looks great! I need some painting done ....hookm me up with the painter.  Also weather is turning we need to get together for a ride!!!

mch03wideglide

• Junior CVO Member
  • Working to make it my own

• CVO1: FLTRSEI2 - Black/Charcoal/Silver
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2010, 12:19:06 PM »

One more!

The SE TP badge, can they be purchased?  And what is the price - VN.  I have an '01 SE RG and just purchased a Ultra TP from an '09 SE Ultra.  Gonna have sutom painted.  The TP badge would be a nice detail to add.
2001 FLTRSEI2
2003 FXDWG

rascal1007

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2010, 10:33:43 PM »

The SE TP badge, can they be purchased?  And what is the price - VN.  I have an '01 SE RG and just purchased a Ultra TP from an '09 SE Ultra.  Gonna have sutom painted.  The TP badge would be a nice detail to add.

Sent you a PM

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2010, 05:49:42 PM »

I'm now considering an aftermarket tour pack, but instead of painting it matching electric orange (gunslinger customs wants $500.00), I'm looking into having it covered in vinyl/leather with orange baseball style stitching.

Thinking of this tour pack-

http://www.oldinc.com/oldystourpack.htm
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2010, 07:41:54 PM »

I'm now considering an aftermarket tour pack, but instead of painting it matching electric orange (gunslinger customs wants $500.00), I'm looking into having it covered in vinyl/leather with orange baseball style stitching.

Thinking of this tour pack-

http://www.oldinc.com/oldystourpack.htm

Way too many keys for my liking.  If that's the route you're thinking of, I would visit a couple of swap meets in your area and you might be able to pick up a used H-D Tour Pac that you can have keyed to match your key.  It really doesn't matter what colour the used one is if you're going to cover in in vinyl/leather.  I like the idea of the old fashion look with the baseball stitching!  Would really be unique.  :2vrolijk_21:

Good luck with your project and please don't forget to post pics of the finished product.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2010, 10:03:23 PM »

How do you mean too many keys? I thought the HD tour pak has 2 latches with the one key used to lock/unlock both latches....this pack also has two latches with one key....so, I guess all you would have extra to carry around was one more small key? No biggie to me.

I will definitely post pics if that's the route I end up going. I'm calling a few custom auto upholstery shops in the Toronto area- one guy in Brampton ball parked it at around $300-350, which I could handle. I like the look of the vinyl/leather on the SERG- seems to suit it, plus painted orange (expensive) might be too much orange, and the painted vivid black somehow doesn't look right. I do like the looks of the CVO Flamed Pak was a little closer in size to the painted king tour pak, I'd be all over it.

Plus, I've ordered Mustang saddlebag lid covers, so a leather tour pak would match nicely.

Where in Ontario are you from Grizzly? Know of any good local upholster shops around these parts?
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2010, 11:52:32 PM »

How do you mean too many keys? I thought the HD tour pak has 2 latches with the one key used to lock/unlock both latches....this pack also has two latches with one key....so, I guess all you would have extra to carry around was one more small key? No biggie to me.

I will definitely post pics if that's the route I end up going. I'm calling a few custom auto upholstery shops in the Toronto area- one guy in Brampton ball parked it at around $300-350, which I could handle. I like the look of the vinyl/leather on the SERG- seems to suit it, plus painted orange (expensive) might be too much orange, and the painted vivid black somehow doesn't look right. I do like the looks of the CVO Flamed Pak was a little closer in size to the painted king tour pak, I'd be all over it.

Plus, I've ordered Mustang saddlebag lid covers, so a leather tour pak would match nicely.

Where in Ontario are you from Grizzly? Know of any good local upholster shops around these parts?

The Tour Pac pictured shows each latch having their own key (with a spare), so you get 4 keys for some strange reason, even though they claim they are keyed alike?  :nixweiss:
The H-D Tour Pacs do have 2 latches but 1 separate barrel lock.

I'm north of Toronto and a real good upholsterer is up in Sutton, called David's Upholstery.  He's located on Kennedy Road, just south of Baseline Road.  He has worked on the boats for marinas in the area for years.

Good luck with the project.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 11:55:36 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

serghaven

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2010, 11:13:05 PM »

I was reading in a different section that the center lights are brighter then the outside lights. Have you noticed that? I too want to make them in to turn signals, But, they were saying the lights are not bright enough to see while driving around in the sun light.  :confused5: :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.