Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Air in front hydralic  (Read 1063 times)

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
Air in front hydralic
« on: February 01, 2010, 03:47:24 PM »

Just for information I had my recall fixed and while I was there I asked to have the brake line bled cause I thought. The tech said when he started to bleed it the fluid was "filthy" and he replaced it. I don't know if this is a safety issue or not but if it is youall should know about it
TJ

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Air in front hydralic
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »

Dirty brake fluid may not be an immediate safety issue but it could sure become one unexpectedly.  Thanks for the heads up. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Air in front hydralic
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 03:59:28 PM »

Just for information I had my recall fixed and while I was there I asked to have the brake line bled cause I thought. The tech said when he started to bleed it the fluid was "filthy" and he replaced it. I don't know if this is a safety issue or not but if it is youall should know about it

It's very common for the fluid to be dark or even black looking, due to the assembly lubricant that's in the master cylinder and calipers, or the master cylinder and actuator of the clutch system.  That lubricant is supposedly 100% compatible with the brake fluid.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 24 queries.