Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Author Topic: Chrome problems??!!  (Read 12340 times)

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Chrome problems??!!
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2004, 10:34:40 PM »

I'll be at Oaks Pub Saturday by 4.  Hope to see you there.
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

kbiforce

• Junior CVO Member
  • I'd rather be twisting the wick!!!!!!!

• CVO1: 2004 Black/Blue
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTK
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2004, 10:41:33 PM »

I'll be looking for you. I'll look for the the other beautiful Blue/Black SEEG!

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2004, 01:39:25 AM »

Stopped at the dealer to make appointment to have wheel (rear) and front brake lever replaced for chrome problems, when I got home took the bike out of the garage to wash and I could not believe it - The clutch lever and left hand grip had peeling chrome!!  Guess I will have those address when I take it in Tuesday for the wheel and brake lever replacement.

kbiforce

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2004, 09:21:41 PM »

Went to one dealer on Fri. to ask about peel policy and they thought it was one time only. They would let me know. Went to another dealer and they said peel problems would be under the 2 years no matter how many times a part went bad. Corrosion would be one time only. Also the person I talked to at the second dealership said he has never seen or heard of peel problems until now. Does this version of warranty replacement seem correct to all of you out there who have been through this? Thanks.

mfgreen

« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2004, 10:08:53 PM »

Went to one dealer on Fri. to ask about peel policy and they thought it was one time only. They would let me know. Went to another dealer and they said peel problems would be under the 2 years no matter how many times a part went bad. Corrosion would be one time only. Also the person I talked to at the second dealership said he has never seen or heard of peel problems until now. Does this version of warranty replacement seem correct to all of you out there who have been through this? Thanks.

What dealer is this??
This place might be a solution for a few owners in Wisconsin that are not getting any satisfaction.

Mike
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 10:10:31 PM by mfgreen »

MGB

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2004, 10:51:56 PM »

Haven't found chrome problems yet with mine, but wondering if chrome problems exist only with CVO models. Does anyone know of others? I also have a '95 Eglide and shortly after delivery in '95, I found a bad chrome problem on the right side "crash bar/engine guard" or whatever it's called, it was changed out by the dealer, no problem at all. Hopefully, if I experience a problem now, it'll go as smooth. Other than that, I am not aware of any others. It does seem that if there are so many problems with chrome, that maybe all of us could contact Harley Motor Company. Even though I don't know a problem with mine YET, I tend to think that it's inevetable and I would be willing to contact them and just ask about there policy about the problem. Doesn't it seem that all the dealers should be treating this the same. P.S. I am also aware of a problem of Harley Motor Co. not covering a warranty on a chrome part because the bad part was not brought to the attention of the dealer with only 2 weeks left on the warranty. That does not make any sense to me at all. Does anyone know how to go about contacting the Motor Co. about this and making them aware of all our concerns? Thanks
Mike

'78 Vette
'78 Tri. Bonneville
'04 SEEG
'13 Ann. Tri-Glide
'02 883 (wife's)
'04 1200 (wife's)
'12 sWITCHBACK (wife's)

"RIDE WATCHA GOT"

mfgreen

« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2004, 10:48:15 AM »

Haven't found chrome problems yet with mine, but wondering if chrome problems exist only with CVO models. Does anyone know of others? I also have a '95 Eglide and shortly after delivery in '95, I found a bad chrome problem on the right side "crash bar/engine guard" or whatever it's called, it was changed out by the dealer, no problem at all. Hopefully, if I experience a problem now, it'll go as smooth. Other than that, I am not aware of any others. It does seem that if there are so many problems with chrome, that maybe all of us could contact Harley Motor Company. Even though I don't know a problem with mine YET, I tend to think that it's inevetable and I would be willing to contact them and just ask about there policy about the problem. Doesn't it seem that all the dealers should be treating this the same. P.S. I am also aware of a problem of Harley Motor Co. not covering a warranty on a chrome part because the bad part was not brought to the attention of the dealer with only 2 weeks left on the warranty. That does not make any sense to me at all. Does anyone know how to go about contacting the Motor Co. about this and making them aware of all our concerns? Thanks

To contact the Motor Company directly, please write:

Harley-Davidson Customer Service
3700 W. Juneau Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53208

To speak with a Harley-Davidson customer service representative call (414) 343-4056.
Sorry, we're unable to receive e-mail at this time.

Where are Harley-Davidson's U.S. facilities?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 12:15:58 PM by mfgreen »

kbiforce

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2004, 12:49:35 PM »

To post an update on the peels: All parts taken care of under warranty no problem. The first dealer who I talked to first still never called me back. Nice. I don't mind going out of my way a little to get good service.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2004, 05:43:52 PM »

MFG I have a question that I would think would be pretty simple, that you may be able to answer for me:  In 2004 why has Harley Davidson not stepped up to the email way of communication vs. snail mail?

Am I correct in assuming that you work for HD?  Are you at liberty to say in what capacity?  Just curious, on this.  Actually, guess I'm just curious on the email thing, too.......but it seems so "non user friendly" to us, the consumer.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mfgreen

« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2004, 06:09:55 PM »

MFG I have a question that I would think would be pretty simple, that you may be able to answer for me:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 08:55:21 PM by mfgreen »

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2005, 05:50:59 PM »

OK, here's a bitch...I have already had both wheels replaced for bad chrome.  I assumed that the new wheels with the new part no. would be better.  Now as I was cleaning, wacing, etc. to put it up for the salty winter (just bought a car after 1.5 years) I found another bad patch on the front wheel.  Thank God for warranties...but what gives??  Geez.  Another $1000.  I'm going to check my rear wheel really good.  I wonder if they are both bad, if they would give me the diamond star wheels like the new bikes have...if I asked really nice.  I think the cost is the same...and it might save them having to replace them again.  Anyone have any problems with the Diamond Star wheels on the CSE2's?

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2005, 06:41:08 PM »

Doc...you may want to check the front of the forward floorboard support...bet you even money its flaking off also.  First sign of the problem is the appearance of a "sandblasted" finish.  In all probablility, the dealer won't be able to swap the wheels out as he is required to warranty part for part.  Bottom line is that HD follows the warranty replacement back to their supplier for credit on both the wheel and their labor at full shop rates.

darkvisorman

• Junior CVO Member
  • Shes Mine and Orange
« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2005, 01:27:33 PM »

Just had a major clean up and have spotted chrome peeling from back and front, the back is a lot worse than the front, but its only a matter of time before the front catches up - down to the dealer later to get a warrantee claim in. [smiley=nervous.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2005, 05:14:08 PM »

Just had a major clean up and have spotted chrome peeling from back and front, the back is a lot worse than the front, but its only a matter of time before the front catches up - down to the dealer later to get a warrantee claim in. [smiley=nervous.gif]

Darkvisorman that's really sad......especially as long as you waited for that bike.  Seems like they'd have the chrome situation straightened out by now.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SE-Dave

• Full CVO Member
  • "AWESOME"
« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2005, 04:58:20 PM »

Went out to the Garage to wipe down "Ole Blu" low and behold the Front wheel is Flaking/Pealing away...... The Real wheel seems to have a couple of Pock/Pitting marks but not Pealing....Just Thought I'd share with the group. [smiley=beerchug.gif].
Hopefully the Dealer wont be a hassle [smiley=nixweiss.gif].
 Dave
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 25 queries.