Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: Chrome problems??!!  (Read 12334 times)

mfgreen

Re: Chrome problems??!!
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2004, 04:39:56 PM »

[smiley=shocked2.gif]

mw8385

• Full CVO Member
  • Oh Yah!
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2004, 07:49:35 PM »

Add me to the list of peeling chrome! [smiley=furious.gif] The chrome on both tappet blocks is bubbling off. I have it at the dealer now for service. They are going to replace them but unfortunately there are none in stock! Also have oil seeping between the engine and transmission. It's not a bad leak but builds up a nice black streak at the junction of the two. My clutch reservoir has been leaking since I got the bike. They have tried twice to fix it. Now they are finally going to replace the gasket but none in stock! [smiley=furious.gif] Oh well, another day without my bike! [smiley=disappointed.gif]

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2004, 12:04:36 PM »

I have that dark streak too.....wondered what was causing it.

Fla_Eagle

• My Harley Hot Rod
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2004, 08:15:59 PM »

Hi Folks,
I'm new to this forum but certainly not to the chrome problem! To date I have had 10 pieces of hardware replaced, both wheels,all 4 floorboards(2 of them twice!!)the left mirror and the right exhaust tip.HD Customer Service said they were aware of the wheel problems but not the others and that my dealer must be covering them because they had no record and wouldn't cover them anyway. I'm grateful that someone was willing to stand behind this expensive product it's just to bad it isn't the manufacturer!! I'm afraid we may be experiencing the return of AMF !!!
Regards,Fla Eagle

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2004, 08:53:04 PM »

Hey, Eagle, welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 08:53:54 PM by 103tHunDer »

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2004, 10:07:28 AM »

When I bought my bike I was told that the bike and every accessory that was installed on it, if installed by the dealer at the time of purchase, was covered by a 2 year warranty.  In fact a complete list of the installed accessories was signed off by me and submitted by the dealer.  I would assume that this warranty would cover chrome problems.  Perhaps I better read the fine print.
Darrell

starvin

« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2004, 01:02:55 PM »

I had to replace the floorboard and the company not the dealer replaced it no questions asked, I find it hard to beleive that they do it for some and not for others. My only complaint is that the company just does'nt come out and say yeah we had a problem with the plating. They make it sound like your the only one with the problem.

hogasm

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2004, 05:51:22 PM »

Harley has replaced my front wheel twice, real wheel once,primary once, transmission cover once, front floor board once[but is peeling again and my dealer said no more chrome replacement on this bike]. The front turn signal light bulb has been replaced 18 times. Harley is trying to determine the nature of this problem. Almost forgot, the rear shifter arm has fallen off 4 times and the front 2 times.   New march 20    17000 miles

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2004, 06:16:52 PM »

front floor board once[but is peeling again and my dealer said no more chrome replacement on this bike].

That is complete and utter bullchit.  And I'm not (necessarily) speaking to the regularity of problems.  They've already shown the accept poor chrome to be a warranty issue.  They can't deny the fact of a warranty failure just because they've already done it once (or twice or 18 times).  Bitch more effectively (i.e., loudly if necessary) and to someone higher up the food chain.

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2004, 11:24:36 PM »

It is pretty pathetic that you spend $30,000 and have so many problems with these bikes.  By 2008 Harley wants to build 400,000 bikes.  Maybe the Motoco should worry about quality and not quantity.
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2004, 11:50:25 AM »

I definitely agree.  I have been pretty upset about having the repeat problems with the chrome.  And thru no fault of our own.  Thankfully, my dealer is covering my problems.  I only wish that others had the same deal.  This should be standardized and blanket coverage.  This only makes sense MoCo!!!

mfgreen

« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2004, 02:13:01 PM »

AMEN

kbiforce

• Junior CVO Member
  • I'd rather be twisting the wick!!!!!!!

• CVO1: 2004 Black/Blue
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTK
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2004, 10:02:30 PM »

Hello! I am new to this site and like what I see. Lots of good topics here. I just picked up an '04 SEEG (blue/black) and love it. This is my 4th bagger and the best one yet. I have the peels too and went to the dealer to see what they would do. I see this is not a lone case. I am awaiting their call and will post the results. I was told that it probably would be a one time deal. Great.  So far just a floor board and a mirror. Will check all the wheels next. Keep up the good work!

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2004, 10:11:38 PM »

kbiforce, welcome to the site.  Where's Union Grove?  Are you going to Tomahawk this weekend?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Brad
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

kbiforce

• Junior CVO Member
  • I'd rather be twisting the wick!!!!!!!

• CVO1: 2004 Black/Blue
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTK
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2004, 10:27:57 PM »

About 11 west of Racine. I'm in between U.G. and Waterford. Going to Tomahawk Sat.  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.