Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Windshield  (Read 2597 times)

Ohio phil

• C-YA
  • Senior CVO Member
Windshield
« on: March 09, 2010, 01:29:53 PM »

OK whats the best looking and preforming windshield out there for a 2009 SERG I'm running a clearview gt small, thanking about a dark sport or cee bailey
TR 12" I'm 5'6" Thanks
C - YA
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:34:43 PM by Ohio phil »

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road glide. Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited Sold
Re: Windshield
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 02:00:22 PM »

You have opened Pandora's box. I like the looks of the stock wind deflector, or a 8" klockwerks. But they do nothing for wind in your face. The CB windshields work great (according to some guys) but it looks like a billboard on the bike.IMO Finding the perfect look and function for you is something you have to work out for yourself. Good luck.   

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 02:23:27 PM »

Phil,

Fireguy is correct.  At 5'6" you have lots of options.  Try a search of "Windshield" in the SERG board.  I put the Klock Werks 12" on the first day I had my bike.  Great look, poor performance, fit and finnish.   Swapped that out for the Clearview GT Small.  Great performance and finnish but OK look and did not like the bulky seal. 

Finally swapped out the Clearview GT Small for a Cee Bailey's 14" dark made speciffically for the SERG.  The CB uses the SERG gasket and thus fits better.   Very similar wind deflection as the Clearview but looks better, IMHO.  Excellent fit and finish.  See reply #153, here:  SERG AND CVO: VERY GOOD TO ME! NEXT?  BTW, I'm 5'11".  You could use the 13" easily.

Pictures with the CB:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Ohio phil

• C-YA
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 03:37:04 PM »

Thanks Greg,  I ment to say 12" I also had a 12 klock on my 2003 roadglide looked gooood but way to noisey, Thats a good looking glide u got there !!!

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 04:55:11 PM »

I tried the stock (a decoration), then the one that was 3 inches higher than the one that comes stock on a non cvo road glide( Too big looking thru windshield but sound was great and buffeting stopped.)  I am currently using the stock shield that comes on the non cvo bikes in 2009.  I look over and wind not too bad 

If you want to look thru I have the 3 inches taller stock shield for sale
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

tommyb

• CVO1: 09 screamin eagle road glide
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 06:38:53 PM »

Phil, i just got back from a 5 mile ride with my new 12 inch gunsmoke windvest and liked it, and it looks really good. Im going to order a 14inch light smoke for long haul and i was happy with the price 130.00 plus shipping, but i had to ask for a deal when i called windvest. Go to their site and look at thier pics.   Tom

ROADROD

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 street glide
    • CVO2: 2006 v-rod yellow
    • CVO3: 2003 silver/black harley truck
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 07:30:15 PM »

10 INCH CEE BAILEY..WORKS GREAT FOR ME...

easyrider9809

• Ridin Orange
  • Full CVO Member
  • 09 CVO
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 09:16:01 PM »

Phil, i just got back from a 5 mile ride with my new 12 inch gunsmoke windvest and liked it, and it looks really good. Im going to order a 14inch light smoke for long haul and i was happy with the price 130.00 plus shipping, but i had to ask for a deal when i called windvest. Go to their site and look at thier pics.   Tom

Tom.............Do you have a picture of your bike that you could share with the 12" windvest on it ?? thanks Jeff
09 Road Glide CVO
98 Heritage

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 12:56:01 AM »

12" Windvest dark
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

09fltrse3

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 12:58:00 AM »

OK whats the best looking and preforming windshield out there for a 2009 SERG I'm running a clearview gt small, thanking about a dark sport or cee bailey
TR 12" I'm 5'6" Thanks
C - YA

Hey Phil, Like you< I found that there is so much info on this one subject and so many options that you will go broke before you try them all. I found a small outfit in South Carolina called Clark's Custom Windshield and the Halfmoon Windshield. For 70 bucks I decided I'd give it a try. The windshield doesn't have any flowing curves or flares to it and is plane Jane, but it works for me. I'm 5' 11" and got a 12.5 windshield, can see over it, deflects the wind, very little wind noise and head bobble ( really very little). Give them a shout and they will talk you though to custom fit a windshield to your ride position and ship it to you quickly. On there gallery three is a pic of my SERG, the only on I can get at this time since the computer crashed. Best of luck on your decision, Andy  http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/

Ohio phil

• C-YA
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 05:32:09 AM »

Highjagger, Good looking glide, did that windvest come dark on the bottom and how tall r u I might try a 10" windvest the price is right  :nixweiss:

tcb62

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 07:53:46 AM »

I am 6' 0" and installed the Cee Bailey 14", and love it :bananarock:
TCB62

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 08:02:02 AM »

Highjagger, Good looking glide, did that windvest come dark on the bottom and how tall r u I might try a 10" windvest the price is right  :nixweiss:
Yes this windvest 12" is stock , i am 6.1 but the buffeting is not perfectly gone , the Clearview standard GT is better for longer tours .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 05:18:38 PM »

I'm with Highjagger. I tried them all... Windvest works best for me.  :2vrolijk_21:
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 06:21:34 PM »

Is that a 12 incher, highway star?

I actually think the windvest looks ok on the RG- not as nice looking as the CB or KW, but better than the CV or, sorry, but the fugly Clarks- Windvest seems to be a good compromise, and most reviews of them are favourable.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 24 queries.