Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clear coat  (Read 2344 times)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Clear coat
« on: March 19, 2010, 05:12:19 PM »

Anyone out there have a product that works well for buffing scratches out of clearcoat that they used before?  Have a few scratches not down to the paint but they need attention, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

yellowhog

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
Re: Clear coat
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 07:41:41 PM »

What works well for me is the Griot's Garage Machine Polish 1, 2 or 3 (depending upon how deep the scratches are).  I use them with their orbital buffer and it does a great job.  You can find their products at www.griotsgarage.com.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 09:48:22 PM »

What works well for me is the Griot's Garage Machine Polish 1, 2 or 3 (depending upon how deep the scratches are).  I use them with their orbital buffer and it does a great job.  You can find their products at www.griotsgarage.com.
Thanks, the scratches aren't deep they just look bad and I hate to see marks in the clear.  I will give their product a try.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

yellowhog

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 08:15:37 AM »

I had a lot of "swirl" marks on my '03 Ultra a while back.  I bought the Griot's Garage buffers (the 3" & the 6") and polishing compounds.  After using them (the buffers came with an instructional DVD) the paint looked like new.  I was extremely pleased with the results and would recommend them to anyone.  Their buffers are unique in that you CAN'T burn the paint!  Anyway, just food for thought...

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 11:57:45 AM »

I had a lot of "swirl" marks on my '03 Ultra a while back.  I bought the Griot's Garage buffers (the 3" & the 6") and polishing compounds.  After using them (the buffers came with an instructional DVD) the paint looked like new.  I was extremely pleased with the results and would recommend them to anyone.  Their buffers are unique in that you CAN'T burn the paint!  Anyway, just food for thought...
Got you, spring for the buffer as well so I don't use my old orbital and have to repaint.  Will do thanks again
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

yellowhog

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 04:46:57 PM »

No problem.  We can learn from other mistakes...

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 09:37:47 PM »

sounds great just what I was looking for I have a few little scratches myself and   a way to spend more money. Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 20 queries.