Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Fullsac baffles and X pipe.  (Read 5331 times)

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Fullsac baffles and X pipe.
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 09:28:52 AM »

FL.........You've convinced me on the x-pipe!  I can't find the x-pipe on Fullsac's website though. >:(I wish I could utilize Fullsac's baffles.  When I bought my bike, it came with Screaming Eagle Street Performance  4" slip-ons.  Fullsac doesn't make a baffle for the 4" slip-on pipe.  I'm leaning towards putting on Vance & Hines Hi-Output slip ons. 
fullsac does not make a baffle for the street performance mufflers but it is an easy retrofit if you have a chop saw and a welder

worshipduder

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 09:23:21 PM »

FL.........You've convinced me on the x-pipe!  I can't find the x-pipe on Fullsac's website though. >:(I wish I could utilize Fullsac's baffles.  When I bought my bike, it came with Screaming Eagle Street Performance  4" slip-ons.  Fullsac doesn't make a baffle for the 4" slip-on pipe.  I'm leaning towards putting on Vance & Hines Hi-Output slip ons. 

hi output slip ons are fabulous, why would u want to gut its baffle and put a fullsac baffle in?
2010 FLXHSE Candy Concord
V&H Power Duals
V&H Hi-Output Slip-ons
TTS Mastertune
Feuling Reaper 574 Camchest Kit
Feuling Oil Pump
Dyno'd at 116 HP & 118 TQ
C&C Flame Stitched Seat
Wild 1 Chubby 575s
PM Contour Touring Mirrors
J&M 7.25 Speakers & 250 Watt Amp
Hogtunes Hogpod
Riders Claw
HD Contoured Heated Hand Grips
Wicked Image Flame Shift Linkage
Klock Werks Flare 8.5
HD Electra-Glo™ Light Pod Kit
Kury License Plate

easyrider9809

• Ridin Orange
  • Full CVO Member
  • 09 CVO
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 08:54:21 AM »

fullsac does not make a baffle for the street performance mufflers but it is an easy retrofit if you have a chop saw and a welder

Dartman.......did you do a retrofit installing fullsac's baffles into the 4" street performance mufflers ??
09 Road Glide CVO
98 Heritage

dep47

• Full CVO Member
  • What a color
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 10:52:08 AM »

I am thinking about the 1.75 Full Sack baffles, but would like to know if I can put the stock baffles back in once they are ground out??l

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 11:08:24 AM »

I am thinking about the 1.75 Full Sack baffles, but would like to know if I can put the stock baffles back in once they are ground out??l

Yes, if you are careful when you take them out.
HOGMIKE

FL54

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1948 Panhead
    • CVO2: '09 SERG
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 11:08:51 AM »

I would say yes.  You'd have to drill a hole in the flange of the baffle to hold it in place like the Fullsac baffles are.

dep47

• Full CVO Member
  • What a color
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 06:12:24 PM »

Thanks for the information, still not sure I will like the extra noise so I want to go back if I want to.

09 S/T FLTRSE3

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Silver/ Titanium FLTRSE3
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2010, 02:36:52 PM »

If you have an 09 FLTRSE, it came with the 4" mufflers that Fullsac makes the replacement baffles for.

Cheers, Ken

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010, 07:42:52 PM »

Just picked my bike up from the shop... X Pipe, 2" baffles, TTS and I've just got three words to say.... HO LEEEEEE SH!TTTTT!!!  I am VERY happy... not time to chat, gotta go ride. THANKS STEVE (and all the folks on here who left no doubt this was the way to go!!!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another caution on the X pipe.  I noticed a vibration in the right footboard and found that the X pipe was contacting the clevis on the rear brake.  I used a flat screwdriver to bend it away a 1/16 inch and problem solved.  I apologize for quality of the pictures but you can see that the only place where the X pipe is even visible is at the top of the front cylinder shield and just in front of the rear muffler.  My stock headpipe had very low miles on it and it was already turning blue so blue, black what's the difference.

Gotta go check mine... notice a destinct vibration in the floorboard, and the brake pedal is moving around a lot more than it used to... off to look

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2010, 07:50:28 PM »

Another caution on the X pipe.  I noticed a vibration in the right footboard and found that the X pipe was contacting the clevis on the rear brake.  I used a flat screwdriver to bend it away a 1/16 inch and problem solved.  I apologize for quality of the pictures but you can see that the only place where the X pipe is even visible is at the top of the front cylinder shield and just in front of the rear muffler.  My stock headpipe had very low miles on it and it was already turning blue so blue, black what's the difference.

Sure enough.. you nailed it. DAMN I LOVE THIS BOARD!! Off to bend mine... Anyone else had this issue? Maybe the design needs to be tweaked a hair?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 20 queries.