Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: Bike Lift  (Read 19920 times)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Bike Lift
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2007, 06:11:16 PM »

I'm looking into bike lifts now and think I found THE ONE.  I have a jack type lift,  but don't like it much because it only lifts the bike 20 inches or so (I'm too old and fat to have a bike on a lift and still have to get on my knees to work on the wheels).  Anyway,  there's a company out of Palm Springs California that makes what appears to be Handy Lift knock offs.  Handy lift is respected as the industry standard and my buddie SPIDERMAN has their top of the line (No doubt a great lift),  but at $2K by the time it's delivered it's out of my league.  Now back to the lift that I'm gonna buy,  It appears to be as good a quality as the Handy (this company includes everything you need where Handy makes everything optional) and the list price is $625.  I've looked into this thing carefully and I can't find too many differences between the Western Manufacturing Lift and Handy's version.  In fact,  the Handy 1000 is lighter and doesn't reach as high.  I'm assuming the the extra weight is in metal where it counts.
If your looking for a table type lift,  I've looked at Super Lift,  Handy and a hand full of others,  but my vote and cash are going to Western Manufacturing model ML-12X.
Take a look.......
Did you add a link in there? I searched for it and cant find a Western Manufacturing like you mentioned. I'd be interested in getting some info if you have it.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2007, 07:02:41 PM »

I have been using the Sears all alum. jack for two years know. No probs here with no tie downs used. Was around 100.00 if I remember right. Had the Sams club spacial for before that and was very unstable is now a boat anchor ;D

Aluminum, they make beer cans outa dat chit, no puckin way am I trustin that under my 30K sled, someone recently posted about that jack and said they felt it was weak and the back wheels were too close together which made it unstable, but I can't find the post for the life of me, don't know where it went  :nixweiss: must have been removed. but here is the attached picture of the said Jack
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 07:09:11 PM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2007, 07:08:48 PM »

Aluminum, they make beer cans outa dat chit, no puckin way am I trustin that under my 30K sled, someone recently posted about that jack and said they felt it was weak and the back wheels were too close together which maid it unstable, but I can't find the post for the life of me, don't know where it went  :nixweiss: must have been removed. but here is the attached picture of the said Jack
I believe this is the thread you are looking for that has a picture of the jack. - New Sears Bike Jack

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2007, 07:15:24 PM »

I believe this is the thread you are looking for that has a picture of the jack. - New Sears Bike Jack

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Thanks DooD, I thought I was going crazy,  :rolleyes4: didn't realize it was in a different thread, your really on top of this $hit man, no wonder your a Mod.  :2vrolijk_21:

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2007, 08:30:02 PM »

Aluminum, they make beer cans outa dat chit, no puckin way am I trustin that under my 30K sled, someone recently posted about that jack and said they felt it was weak and the back wheels were too close together which made it unstable, but I can't find the post for the life of me, don't know where it went  :nixweiss: must have been removed. but here is the attached picture of the said Jack
dat is da beer can jack I have and Im puckin tickin wit it for my 35trand sled ;D one of dose differant strokes I guess>

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2007, 10:00:14 PM »

dat is da beer can jack I have and Im puckin tickin wit it for my 35trand sled ;D one of dose differant strokes I guess>

Just funnin with ya sky  :2vrolijk_21:  I just rembember readin this post from the Sears lift thread and thinkin yea it looks Great but how stable is it   :-\  I'm of the russian "Goodenstrong" mentality if I can't pick it up without throwing out my back it should work just fine  ;)  save the aluminum for dem beer cans

Good luck bro.  :drink:

I bought one of those Sears jacks on Sunday, fits beautiful under the bike and the lift is incrediable, and it is secure from left to right, but  the bike is unstable forward and rear, I believe the aluminium is not strong enough and  twists and gives when raised it starts this rocking action, like a hobby horse. I  would not want to wrench on it., or even rub on it.  So thanks to Sear's great return policy, it goes back it goes Monday,
IMHO  - don't waste your time
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 10:49:12 PM by EAGLE1 »

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2007, 10:53:33 PM »

Did you add a link in there? I searched for it and cant find a Western Manufacturing like you mentioned. I'd be interested in getting some info if you have it.
CVOwner,
Try this link:  http://www.western-mfg.com/motorcycle_lift.html
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2007, 10:53:43 PM »

CVOwner,
Red

That looks like a sturdy lift. Wonder how much freight is to Phoenix?
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2007, 11:07:54 PM »

CVOwner,
Red

Hey Red, have you or anyone used or seen this lift. It looks pretty nice for the $$$? Beags, have you seen one up close? Who wants to set up the Group Buy and CVO Discount? ::) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2007, 07:47:08 AM »

Hey Red, have you or anyone used or seen this lift. It looks pretty nice for the $$$? Beags, have you seen one up close? Who wants to set up the Group Buy and CVO Discount? ::) Hoist! 8)
Howie,
I've never used one of those lifts before.  I'm kinda limited for space in the garage so I had to go with one of those roll around jacks.  Mine works well, but I want to get another one.  I would love to put one of those table lifts in my garage, but just don't have the room. :(  As much as I'd like to make the garage my personal bike shop, mamma has her ideas about the garage too...so it's a compromise.
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2007, 08:54:08 AM »

I think I could build that easy enough! OK, I'm a tightwad!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2007, 09:52:18 AM »

I've got one in my garage.  It works great.  I think dollar for dollar, it's the best deal going.  The Handy 1500 like Spiderman has is a little heavier duty and lifts 7 inches higher,  but those are running $2k plus shipping.    I'd recommend the Western Mfg lift to anyone looking for a table lift.

BTW,  I think I paid like $650 or so for mine......Picked it up in Palm Springs.

_Beags
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2007, 05:55:51 PM »

I've got one in my garage.  It works great.  I think dollar for dollar, it's the best deal going.  The Handy 1500 like Spiderman has is a little heavier duty and lifts 7 inches higher,  but those are running $2k plus shipping.    I'd recommend the Western Mfg lift to anyone looking for a table lift.

BTW,  I think I paid like $650 or so for mine......Picked it up in Palm Springs.

_Beags

Thanks a lot Beags. I'll contact them. Before I do, Is anyone else interested in one. I'll see If I can get a group discount. PM Me and I'll keep track. I''l post last call here before I order mine. ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2007, 06:34:55 PM »

What is the best lift for minor alterations and cleaning ?

I like many members here have purchased a J & S Jack here is the link to their website:   http://www.jsjacks.com/index.htm

Be sure and mention that you are a member of our website for a discount

jeffj

Bagger

« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2007, 07:18:22 PM »

That is one heck of a nice jack.  Mine won't go under my bike without rolling the bike onto pieces of 5/8" plywood.  Hmmmmmmmm
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 25 queries.