Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Author Topic: Bike Lift  (Read 19941 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Bike Lift
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2007, 08:00:07 PM »

That is one heck of a nice jack.  Mine won't go under my bike without rolling the bike onto pieces of 5/8" plywood.  Hmmmmmmmm

Bagger, you with me on that lift or talking bout a jack? ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Bagger

« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2007, 08:20:55 PM »

Bagger, you with me on that lift or talking bout a jack? ;) Hoist! 8)

Lift.  Jack.  Whatever.  I know what I meant. :P

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2007, 08:24:13 PM »

Lift.  Jack.  Whatever.  I know what I meant. :P

Do you need me to know what you meant? I'm gonna try to do a group buy on the Western Mfg. Lift. :confused5:  Interested? ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Bagger

« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2007, 08:28:17 PM »

Heck yeah I'm interested.  :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2007, 08:51:24 PM »

Heck yeah I'm interested.  :2vrolijk_21:

Jesh, everyone's a comedian now! ;D ;D ;D I'll call them tomorrow and try to get all the particulars. I'll negotiate the best deal I can, but refuse to pay over MSRP! ::) Hoist! 8)

Bagger

« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2007, 08:54:56 PM »

Jesh, everyone's a comedian now! ;D ;D ;D I'll call them tomorrow and try to get all the particulars. I'll negotiate the best deal I can, but refuse to pay over MSRP! ::) Hoist! 8)

Thanks Howie.  YOUDAMAN.  :znotworthy:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2007, 09:25:34 PM »

Hoist

You might consider,

www.directlift.com.
To me it is equal to the Handy lift, but a few bucks cheaper.

The big killer on either of these lift is shipping. Be careful of that!

Here's one of the Frontier on the Direct lift, after a little ride this afternoon. (it was 65 degrees)

Also note the three Battery Tenders hanging from the ceiling. There are four but this picture doesn't show the fourth one.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 09:50:00 PM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2007, 09:27:05 PM »

another view

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2007, 09:30:37 PM »

Hoist

You might consider,

www.directlift.com.

Here's one of the Frontier on the Direct lift, after a little ride this afternoon. (it was 65 degrees)

Thanks Chip, that looks great too! Someone just PM'd me about that one. I'm starting a poll in group buys for these two. We'll pick whichever one we think's best and I'll try to get a Group rate! ;) Hoist!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2007, 09:46:45 PM »

Thanks Chip, that looks great too! Someone just PM'd me about that one. I'm starting a poll in group buys for these two. We'll pick whichever one we think's best and I'll try to get a Group rate! ;) Hoist!

Another note on the Direct lift, besides being less expensive it also includes the vise in the base price.
Also check the length, the Direct is longer than the Handy.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 09:51:53 PM by Silver-Black »

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2007, 09:58:51 PM »

Besides being less expensive it also includes the vise in the base price.
Also check the length, the Direct is longer than the Handy.

That looks really good too. I know you would only get the best. My new garage is getting bigger and bigger, huh? ;) Hoist! 8)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2007, 10:16:45 PM »

Hoist

You might consider,

www.directlift.com.

First off, nothing is the equal of a Handy Lift. Period. My attitude when I bought mine is that I was buying a tool for life and I was 45 at the time. I've had mine 8 years and only had to lube it. At the time I bought it , it cost me around $1,200 delivered to my door. So I figured if I lived to use it for 24 years then it cost me $50 a year. That's a pretty good deal. I think it would cost close to $2,000 for the BOB 1500 model I have now. So take a wild guess at how long you're gonna use it and then go from there like I did.
      Having said all that, the closest thing I've seen is Beagle's Westen Mfg Lift. Western is owned by former Handy employees and they basically altered the design enough not to get sued and have the lifts fabbed in South America. The Western lift is top quality and only differs from the Handy in Lift height and a couple of places that shouldn't matter if you're not using the lift constantly as a shop would. I agree with Chip on the issue of shipping. Beagle and I drove to Palm Springs and picked his up from Western in person. I forget his exact cost, but I'm thinking right around $750. Add $300 shipping to that and you're looking at $1,050 for something you're going to keep forever.
     Just my $0.02. ( again as this thread has been around for quite awhile)

B B

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2007, 08:27:19 AM »

I bought my Handy from a reseller that was running a show special, no sales tax, and no shipping. The lift was bought through Handy as an internet order(no sales tax), and the reseller had a truckload of them, so that's why no shipping.

I got the standard Handy, vise, extensions and dolly, to my door for about $1,000 or something like that. Saved a boatload not having to pay freight, SB's right, it's the killer.

chief

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2007, 09:00:22 AM »

I bought my Handy from a reseller that was running a show special, no sales tax, and no shipping. The lift was bought through Handy as an internet order(no sales tax), and the reseller had a truckload of them, so that's why no shipping.

I got the standard Handy, vise, extensions and dolly, to my door for about $1,000 or something like that. Saved a boatload not having to pay freight, SB's right, it's the killer.

chief

Chief, are you aware of current pricing for the Handylift? Link? Maybe I'll add it to the choices of Group Buy Lifts. So far I've left it between the Directlift and Western Mfg. B B says that the Handy is by far the best, but I wasn't into going for 2 grand! The others are in the $500-$700 range. Thanks. Hoist! 8)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2007, 11:55:23 AM »

I looked at the one from Harbor Freight yesterday. I aint puttin my ride up on that piece of chit. It's a tinker toy. I'll go twice the money for ten times the lift! ;)
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 26 queries.