Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rumble Collection Footboards for SERG - Help  (Read 1690 times)

2BWILD

• Junior CVO Member
Rumble Collection Footboards for SERG - Help
« on: March 27, 2010, 05:07:30 PM »

Thanks to the info. found on this website I purchased all the needed parts and went to install the footboards on my bike today.
The only problem I'm having is with bolting them to the bike. My foot pegs were attached with one bolt and a pin under the bolt which lined up with the 4 holes on the frame of my bike. The foodboard bracket does not have a pin. I tried to install 2 bolts but the bottom hole on the bike isn't threaded and when I try to go up to the next hole the bolt doesn't line up. I looked at some new Ultra's and it appears that the bottom hole is threaded and they have a bolt in the bottom hole without a washer. The older bikes have only one bolt in the bracket but the bracket is much shorter.
How has everyone else dealt with this?
2BWILD

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Rumble Collection Footboards for SERG - Help
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 05:48:01 PM »

This thread may help you - Rumble Collection Floorboards and Pegs.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

gaphatty

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 01:50:32 PM »

Hey guys!

I didn't even know I need these part #s until I ran across this thread   :2vrolijk_21:

I had purchased 'similar' footpegs to mount to the highway bar just a few days ago but had not yet done so, so I returned those and ordered these based on the part #s provided - about $185-190 at the local deal with 15% off, so not too bad.

Now once the new handlebars arrive and I get them installed (new C&C seat moved me back and down a bit as expected and desired, so stock bars not comfortable) I'll get these mounted!

Thanks again!

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 09:18:47 AM »

Thanks to the info. found on this website I purchased all the needed parts and went to install the footboards on my bike today.
The only problem I'm having is with bolting them to the bike. My foot pegs were attached with one bolt and a pin under the bolt which lined up with the 4 holes on the frame of my bike. The foodboard bracket does not have a pin. I tried to install 2 bolts but the bottom hole on the bike isn't threaded and when I try to go up to the next hole the bolt doesn't line up. I looked at some new Ultra's and it appears that the bottom hole is threaded and they have a bolt in the bottom hole without a washer. The older bikes have only one bolt in the bracket but the bracket is much shorter.
How has everyone else dealt with this?
2BWILD

You must have gotten the wrong mount, sounds like you have the ones for the 2010.   Doc

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 20 queries.