Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Installed Dbl shot on roadglide and iam not impressed  (Read 1104 times)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Installed Dbl shot on roadglide and iam not impressed
« on: April 06, 2010, 10:14:13 AM »

Installed per directions and set gain and frequency to my liking. It's definatley louder than stock speakers were but sems like it's all tweeter sounding. Turned the trebble all way down on radio and didn't make any difference at all. Any suggestions on a solution. Guess I was expecting more for the amount of $$$$$ it costs. Guess I was expecting too much out of a 5 1/4 speaker.  Honestly it doesn't sound any better than my stock speakers did just louder.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Re: Installed Dbl shot on roadglide and iam not impressed
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 07:53:54 PM »

Well did some more adjusting on the gain setting & now it sounds a little better. But still not sure if its worth $800.00 in sound improvement.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 08:30:53 PM »

Don't be too disappointed in the speakers, they're probably fine.  The problem is the fairing and a motorcycle in general.  They just aren't acoustically suited for low end frequencies.  I've heard bikes that have subwoofers mounted in the tour pak and saddle bags, and they sound great while standing still, but once they're moving, they might as well have left the stock speakers in.  When you moving, you're not going to get the best sound.  Ideally, you be better off with a quality headset that fits comfortably tight around your ears and you'll get much better frequency range hitting your ears than you ever will with any enclosed speakers.  I've just accepted the limitations of the motorcycle as an acoustic chamber and am happy to just hear tunes when I'm riding. :)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 08:49:02 PM »

Give Hawg Wired a call, they will help you dial them in. Most likely you are over driving the amp with two high an output from the radio. They can help with the proper radio settings to adjust the amp with. GH was not happy a first with his $$$ spent verses sound until he called Hawg Wired and discussed the proper way to dial it in. Good Luck.

:bananarock: :bananarock:
       Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 04:08:52 PM »

Have spoken with HW about the system. I went over all the settings i had dialed in on amp & they say its rite on.. HW said that the HD XM module isn't the best source to listen too on bike. They suggested an MP3 player or just cd's. They were very understanding & said to keep for little longer & if still not happy they offer a 30 day money back guarantee...
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 04:25:59 PM »

Have spoken with HW about the system. I went over all the settings i had dialed in on amp & they say its rite on.. HW said that the HD XM module isn't the best source to listen too on bike. They suggested an MP3 player or just cd's. They were very understanding & said to keep for little longer & if still not happy they offer a 30 day money back guarantee...

I have found that to be true also. CD's and Ipod are excellent
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 20 queries.