Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: DECEL POP WITH TTS MASTER TUNE  (Read 8602 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: DECEL POP WITH TTS MASTER TUNE
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 10:21:39 PM »

I will call you in a week.....Thanks

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 08:34:20 PM »

Its a new one with more aggressive ignition tweeks. Lets wait and what see what Jesse says.

Steve

Steve, unfortunately the pop is still there. But I noticed something as soon as I started the bike up after the upload, throttle response seemed more aggressive.

While I'm more concerned with the decel issue I could not help but check and see if this sense of more power was real or just my imagination. So I took her out on a strait strip of pavement and let her rip. It was the fastest quarter mile I think I've ever done on a Harley. I slammed through the gears in a speed shift fashion and the whole bike felt like it wanted to jump up off the road.

Throttle response is immediate. A smooth very serious power flow to the rear wheel. Hats off to you Steve on the new tweak. Nice job!

This decel pop is a persistent gremlin. Along with trying the maps you've been sending, I've checked the exhaust for leaks and have tried variations in the main Lambda table on the kpa 15 and 20 columns. I've played with the decel enleanment up and down.

Nothing seems to even phase this popping issue. The bike runs fantastic. The power you're getting out of that new tweak is sick. As a last resort, I may be coming out to Arizona this summer or fall and if we haven't got it fixed by then I'd love for you to get your hands on this problem.

In the meantime, is there anything else you can think of?

Did someone say 12 pack?  Tell you what, after the performance gain from this new tweak, I feel I owe you a 12 pack my friend. :drink:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 08:12:30 AM by jesse111 »

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 11:28:08 AM »

Steve, unfortunately the pop is still there. But I noticed something as soon as I started the bike up after the upload, throttle response seemed more aggressive.

While I'm more concerned with the decel issue I could not help but check and see if this sense of more power was real or just my imagination. So I took her out on a strait strip of pavement and let her rip. It was the fastest quarter mile I think I've ever done on a Harley. I slammed through the gears in a speed shift fashion and the whole bike felt like it wanted to jump up off the road.

Throttle response is immediate. A smooth very serious power flow to the rear wheel. Hats off to you Steve on the new tweak. Nice job!

This decel pop is a persistent gremlin. Along with trying the maps you've been sending, I've checked the exhaust for leaks and have tried variations in the main Lambda table on the kpa 15 and 20 columns. I've played with the decel enleanment up and down.

Nothing seems to even phase this popping issue. The bike runs fantastic. The power you're getting out of that new tweak is sick. As a last resort, I may be coming out to Arizona this summer or fall and if we haven't got it fixed by then I'd love for you to get your hands on this problem.

In the meantime, is there anything else you can think of?

Did someone say 12 pack?  Tell you what, after the performance gain from this new tweak, I feel I owe you a 12 pack my friend. :drink:
The trip out west is the fix.
I can put it on the dyno and data log the decell pop. Then we can see the map, ignition, rpm and air fuel at the exact moment it pops.
Tools are good. ;D

Steve George
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 03:45:02 PM »

The trip out west is the fix.
I can put it on the dyno and data log the decell pop. Then we can see the map, ignition, rpm and air fuel at the exact moment it pops.
Tools are good. ;D

Steve George

I feel confident that any good dyno guy could handle this but the bike does in fact run exceptionally well otherwise. So, I will plan on the trip to Arizona from North Carolina. I'll be in touch on specific times and I"m interested to see exactly what adjustments will be needed to solve the pop.

Until then, thanks for the personal attention and the fantastic power I'm getting.

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 08:33:44 PM »

Its a new one with more aggressive ignition tweeks. Lets wait and what see what Jesse says.

Steve

Tweek? Tweeeeek??

OK... gimme, gimme

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 09:34:06 PM »

Jesse

Take your laptop out and record some data for Steve and I think it can be found and fixed. You want to record "Generic Data" and ride the bike. As it pops pull the clutch in and rev the motor three times quickly. This leaves a marker in the recording so the pop can be located. Do this three or four time and then ship the recording to Steve. With that data he should be able to locate the area causing the pop. Just make sure you do not rev the motor any other time during this test so the real pop area can be located.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

FUNGOUL

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 09:49:16 PM »

http://www.docsperformancetuning.com/index.html

Consult with the "DOC" for your decel pop medication!!!

His prescription relieved all my symptoms

Thanks DOC

CVORick

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 10:22:51 AM »

http://www.docsperformancetuning.com/index.html

Consult with the "DOC" for your decel pop medication!!!

His prescription relieved all my symptoms

Thanks DOC
Worth the trip wasn't it.   :thumbsup:  Just what the "Doc" tor ordered!!!
TTS Mastertune - Doc's Performance Tuning
Supertrapp 2:1 Supermeg
HD Bluetooth BOMM
Zumo 590LM with TPMS
Motolights with LEDs'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
LED Headlight & Driving Lights from HD

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 24 queries.