Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Any Street Glide Owners who Wished they Purchased the Ultra CVO?  (Read 5848 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: Any Street Glide Owners who Wished they Purchased the Ultra CVO?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 09:41:08 AM »

In the end, I think the best bike for someone should always come down to the type of riding they do.

Well said. Some folks like it stripped down, some like it loaded up. The ideal thing is being able to put stuff in and take off as you like. For me, I prefer to always have a tourpack on my bike even around town on short trips. I like being able to lock all my stuff up when I go somewhere and not have to drag a helmet, chaps and jacket with me wherever I go.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

dustingaunder

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE in Spiced Rum
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 04:06:36 PM »

I thought about the Ultra, but I prefer the SG for looks and style.  I also do more hopping around town than touring.  BUT, I love to be able to tour as well when I can take vacations.  I don't get much so my posing is usually left for to/from work and the weekends.  This left the SG as the obvious choice for us.  I ordered a taller sissy bar and a full size pad so we can both be comfortable on long trips.  My BSR is happy with the stock pegs so no floorboards needed and she also likes the stock seat.  I can't believe the passenger pillion is so big on this stock seat.  I'm really impressed with that.  I added a taller windscreen and with that and the sissy bar with a luggage rack, we have close to as much room if not the same or more as the Ultra.  We like to fish so we can strap our poles to the T-Bag and go trout fishing for the weekend if we want.  I think if we did a lot more touring, the Ultra would fit the bill a little better, and in a few years we may decide to trade to an UC or maybe just add an Ultra to the stable, but for now we couldn't be happier with our SESG purchase. 

Whichever you get you'll probably love.  They are both AWESOME machines!!
2010 FLHXSE w/
Fullsac X-Pipe 'B'
2.0 Baffles
TTS Tune
Clearview 8" Smoke Recurve
Nice and Simple!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 04:52:59 PM »

With a little time and a $$$ you can have both which ever way you go. If you like the looks (paint, etc) of either model you can add or make stuff detachable to have both. I have a SEEG but have a King Tour Pak that is detachable that I can add when wanted/needed. JC's SESG is a prime example of how you can have a SESG that is an "Ultra" when needed. I don't see myself ever having another bike that didn't have lowers and a KTP whether I keep them on or use them all the time.. the few times they are wanted/needed will well be worth having them. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 06:38:33 AM »

It sounds like a great solution.
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 11:57:09 AM »

I still have my 04 for the same reason. I put the KTP on when needed and its off along woth the lowers most of the time. With the work and the expense I have into this bike,  I am gonna keep it and ride it till it won't go anymore. I agree with JC that that looks are still one of the best that HD has ever offerd and the 103 is just right for me. I am sure ther wouldn't have been a Steet Glide at all with out the 04-05 Seeg.  Either way, the new CVO's both seem very inpressive to me.

pmille17

• SPICED RUMMY
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 01:21:41 PM »

I'M GLAD I WENT WITH THE S.E. STREETGLIDE . BACK IN 03 I SOLD MY BUELL AND BOUGHT WHAT I THOUGHT WAS THE FIRST COOL FACTORY BAGGER , A ROAD KING CUSTOM . UNTILL THAT BIKE , I WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT A BAGGER . IT WAS VIVID BLACK AND THE PERFECT BIKE TO GET ME TO SWITCH TO A TOURING BIKE . I TRADED IT FOR A 07 STREETGLIDE ONLY TO HAVE MY OLD LADY MAKE FUN OF ME . SHE SAID THE FAIRING & RADIO MADE US LOOK LIKE OLD FARTS . I EXPLAINED TO HER THAT THIS WAS IN NO WAY A "GEEZER GLIDE" LIKE MY OLD MAN WOULD RIDE . IT DIDN'T HAVE A TOURPACK OR CHROME TRIM ON THE FENDERS AND BAGS . IT WAS SINISTER LOOKING ,,, WHAT DID SHE KNOW ANYWAY ! THE NEXT BIKE WOULD BE COOLER ,, I THOUGHT . WE WOULD BOTH BE PROUD OF IT , A 2008 ROAD KING CLASSIC 105 ANNV . MODEL WITH COPPER AND BLACK PAINT , COOL RIGHT ? WELL I LIKED IT AT LEAST . I DIDN'T HEAR MUCH ABOUT IT FROM HER . THAT BIKE SUITED ME JUST FINE UNTIL I SAW THE NEW ONE ... I LOOKED AT THE NEW CVO FOR NEARLY A YEAR . I EVENTUALLY MADE IT OUR SCREENSAVER ON OUR COMPUTER . THAT MEANS I HAD TO BUY IT ,, RIGHT ? I TRADED AN F150 AND MY 08 KING FOR THE GLIDE A FEW WEEKS AGO . I'M 41 YEARS OLD NOW . I'M A GROWNASS MAN NOW BUT I AM NOT READY FOR THE "GEEZER GLIDE" YET . I'M STILL WAY TO SMART TO BUY ANYTHING THAT PRACTICAL ,,, RIGHT ? MAYBE WHEN I TURN 50 I'LL GO OUT AND GET AN ULTRA SOMETHING ,, NO IT WOULD HAVE TO BE A TOURPACK FOR THIS BIKE ! AFTER ALL , I'VE TOLD EVERYONE THIS IS THE LAST BIKE I'LL EVER OWN ..... I'VE SAID THAT BEFORE ! ........ AND BY THE WAY , NO GEEZERS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF THIS REPLY . WELL , MAYBE MY OLD MAN A LITTLE .   

devoinbk

• CVO1: FLHXSE-Tequila
    • CVO2: FXSTB-Slammed to the Ground Big AZZ Motor
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 05:22:11 PM »

AMEN

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 05:34:17 PM »

I'M GLAD I WENT WITH THE S.E. STREETGLIDE . BACK IN 03 I SOLD MY BUELL AND BOUGHT WHAT I THOUGHT WAS THE FIRST COOL FACTORY BAGGER , A ROAD KING CUSTOM . UNTILL THAT BIKE , I WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT A BAGGER . IT WAS VIVID BLACK AND THE PERFECT BIKE TO GET ME TO SWITCH TO A TOURING BIKE . I TRADED IT FOR A 07 STREETGLIDE ONLY TO HAVE MY OLD LADY MAKE FUN OF ME . SHE SAID THE FAIRING & RADIO MADE US LOOK LIKE OLD FARTS . I EXPLAINED TO HER THAT THIS WAS IN NO WAY A "GEEZER GLIDE" LIKE MY OLD MAN WOULD RIDE . IT DIDN'T HAVE A TOURPACK OR CHROME TRIM ON THE FENDERS AND BAGS . IT WAS SINISTER LOOKING ,,, WHAT DID SHE KNOW ANYWAY ! THE NEXT BIKE WOULD BE COOLER ,, I THOUGHT . WE WOULD BOTH BE PROUD OF IT , A 2008 ROAD KING CLASSIC 105 ANNV . MODEL WITH COPPER AND BLACK PAINT , COOL RIGHT ? WELL I LIKED IT AT LEAST . I DIDN'T HEAR MUCH ABOUT IT FROM HER . THAT BIKE SUITED ME JUST FINE UNTIL I SAW THE NEW ONE ... I LOOKED AT THE NEW CVO FOR NEARLY A YEAR . I EVENTUALLY MADE IT OUR SCREENSAVER ON OUR COMPUTER . THAT MEANS I HAD TO BUY IT ,, RIGHT ? I TRADED AN F150 AND MY 08 KING FOR THE GLIDE A FEW WEEKS AGO . I'M 41 YEARS OLD NOW . I'M A GROWNASS MAN NOW BUT I AM NOT READY FOR THE "GEEZER GLIDE" YET . I'M STILL WAY TO SMART TO BUY ANYTHING THAT PRACTICAL ,,, RIGHT ? MAYBE WHEN I TURN 50 I'LL GO OUT AND GET AN ULTRA SOMETHING ,, NO IT WOULD HAVE TO BE A TOURPACK FOR THIS BIKE ! AFTER ALL , I'VE TOLD EVERYONE THIS IS THE LAST BIKE I'LL EVER OWN ..... I'VE SAID THAT BEFORE ! ........ AND BY THE WAY , NO GEEZERS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF THIS REPLY . WELL , MAYBE MY OLD MAN A LITTLE .  

It's quite a shock to my system to find out I am old???

Over 50 with a detach tour pak  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 05:37:26 PM by Wheelsnkeels »
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

pmille17

• SPICED RUMMY
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 06:01:14 PM »

SO HOWS THAT WORK ? YOU BUY IT ,, THE WIFE FILLS IT UP ? ,,,, THATS WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO ME .  BY THE WAY YOU'RE ONE OF THE COOLEST OLD DUDES I KNOW ! LIFE IS PRETTY DAMN GOOD AIN'T IT ?

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 06:39:33 PM »

SO HOWS THAT WORK ? YOU BUY IT ,, THE WIFE FILLS IT UP ? ,,,, THATS WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO ME .  BY THE WAY YOU'RE ONE OF THE COOLEST OLD DUDES I KNOW ! LIFE IS PRETTY DAMN GOOD AIN'T IT ?

Yeah there's life after 50 hell one of my riding buddies 73 solo seat and luvin it!

Its just like the closets at home 2 for her 1 for me? We travel on the bike sometimes weeks at a time so need the space.
Thats an old pic I've ordered the Tequila Pak and added a few items.

RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 06:45:51 PM »

The more I ride the SG I find myself 'missing' the extras of the Ultra,  thus I order 'parts'  . In a "Perfect" world they would have made an SEUC in the Tequila Sunrise, as the color got me, just like it did in 08,  I would have done the detachable KTP. already would have my heated seat,heated grips, put on the removeable lowers kit, added the 4 point system for her backrest and etc.... had the best of both worlds.  But as my wife has told me over the past couple weeks, It is not the 'couch' a/k/a the 08SE Ultra. So it looks like the SG Will be MY bike, and the Ultra is OUR Bike. ... It Works for me, hey life is good as I read somewhere the one with the most Toy's WINS ................... :pepper:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:18:00 AM by Georgehjr »
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

HD4CPA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2010, 07:47:47 PM »

No way, wouldn't want any of the items on an Ultra!  I ride one up, wife rides her own.  We use T-bags for trips which is all that's needed IMHO.
Mods:
Vance & Hines Power Duals
Fullsac 2" baffles
TTS Mastertune
Integrated XM Stereo
Hogtune Speakers
Hog Pod
HID Lighting
C&C Solo Seat
1" Floorboard Extenders

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2010, 06:33:12 AM »

I ride one up, wife rides her own. 
I hope to have this situation in the future.
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2010, 08:34:53 AM »

At 59 I finally figured out how to keep the wife (53) from filling my bike up........just got her a bike too.  I tell her "you can take or buy whatever you want................................................as long as it fits in your bike" ;D  Took her a year or so to learn what to pack and how to pack for the different seasons.

Something we haven't talked about much..........riding gear.  We have the Gerbing heated jacket liner and heated gloves (we have the heated pants liners also, but have never needed them) for the winter time, along with the Tour Master Elite II, Two Piece rain suits (rated #1 by Motorcycle Consumer News......the Consumer Reports of the Motorcycle Industry and less than $100 for both pieces).  Now we both just got the FXRG in leather and she also got the FXRG textile.

We also have the cool snake and cool vests for riding in the 100F+ temps of California summers.  I even have a little ice chest that goes in the tour pack for the Gatorade in the summers. :2vrolijk_21:  We also have Sun Grubbies shirts that are super light weight and have a very high UV protection factor (to help prevent heat sickness and sunburns).

So we're pretty much equipped to ride long distances in pretty much any type of weather.  Just keep ridin...........it's the journey, not the destination. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

sugarbear20

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2010, 12:02:47 PM »

no regrets the sg handles to good compared to the ultra and I have owned 3 utras
I dont' think you heard what I thought I said
2010 SESG
candy concord
WOW
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 20 queries.