Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: California's Mendocino Coast  (Read 16347 times)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: California's Mendocino Coast
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2010, 12:45:08 PM »

Anne,  Great photos!  What a great trip....  Sorry I had to miss.  Some folks just have all the fun, I guess.  Glad everyone is safe. 

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

sgchick

• Sweeper
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2010, 01:38:42 PM »

Another great weekend with our CVO friends!! We had a fantastic time...Thanks to Chris and Anne for all the work in getting this together and to Annie for all the great shots..Enjoyed our SoCal group and our good friends from this area!! Nice to meet some new folks...Jeff and Spring... Can't wait till June!! :orange: :orange: Roger and I took a few pics...but can't find my camera to post them :'( :'(...hopefully it will turn up.

ChampagneGirl

• Paula
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2010, 01:55:02 PM »

Thank you to Chris & Anne for putting such a wonderful trip together, we had a great time.  It's always a pleasure to spend time with any of our CVO Friends.  Wish we could of rode on Sunday too, looks like you guys had a good ride that day and it's a ride that Marty has always wanted to do, so I guess that just means that we will have to come up another time go on that ride.  :orange: :orange: :orange: 

I did take some pics and will post them tonight, but don't expect them to be anything near as good as the pics that Anne takes.   :-[ :-[

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2010, 03:19:52 PM »

Chris & Anne-Great Time Thanks, AK ------------------ SO-Cal 6 weeks
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2010, 07:58:21 PM »

What a spectacular weekend!  I knew it would be because of the people involved.  I knew if I missed this one...well, just when would I get a guided tour over those cool roads, along side the (really) cool Pacific, and over Highway 20 from Fort Bragg to Willits with some of the best folks on this site...if I didn't do it now? 

Anne, Chris, Roger and Melanie..you guys are awesome!  Thank you.
2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black

BANDANAGIRL

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • LIVE LAUGH RIDE

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG Cherry Sold
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG Orange Sold, 2005 SEEG Teal Sold, 2005 SEEG Banana Sold
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:  Great pics as usual Anne. :2vrolijk_20: Loved them all. :huepfenpinkie: Wish we could have been on this one we love that area. :huepfenjump3: Hope to see everyone soon. :bananarock: Maybe on the Chrome for Critters Ride in a couple weeks!

Soozie  :)

2006 Cripplecreek, Co.
                     2008 Sedona, Az.
                     2009 HoodRiver, Or.
                     2010   Pala, Ca.
                     2010 New River , Wv.
                     2011 Lake Tahoe, NV.
                     2012 Spokane, Wa.
                     2013 Santa Fe, NM.                      2014 Carmel & M.V.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2010, 09:52:09 PM »

Well I got home at 8:30 this morning, and for those of you who couldn’t make it, you missed out on a GREAT weekend!

The accommodations were spectacular. We got more than half off the price on of one of the finest hotels.

Upon arrival we relaxed in the veranda area waiting for the ladies to return from shopping.

We were joined by our hosts who gave us boxes of home made photo cards and home made oatmeal squares to snack on. I really can’t think of a time I went on a bike trip and got party favors of any kind, let alone home made ones like these! We chatted until happy hour where we took advantage of the half price menu in the bar and made that our dinner. Then we strolled across the road to watch the sunset over the bay and eat ice cream.

Saturday we had kickstands up at 7am (one person was late, but we won’t mention him and we didn’t leave him either), and then off to an excellent breakfast. Then we made our way out to the coast, up the coast, had lunch at Arena Point, and continued on to Fort Bragg, Willits and back home. Great views the whole way. The weather was nice, cool along the coast, and warmer inland. Traffic, for the most part was pretty light all day, except for the return trip from Willits where we had to battle the congestion in the construction zones. Back at Tiburon, dinner included an excellent view of the bay, good Mexican food, the introduction of the “Lumber Jack”, and some “Creative Awards.”. I was tuckered out and slept soundly that night.

Sunday we had kick stands up at 8am and breakfast in Sausalito. The view of the bay under clear sunny skies was a killer.....

,….And so was the waitress, but someone else will have to share that one.

Then off to spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge, from under it,

And over it.

We also saw the cold war era Nike Missile Base, and a ride to the top of Mt. Tamalpais.

When we said goodbye after Sunday lunch, I felt like one of the luckiest people in the world to have known everyone and to have shared in the great weekend. I didn't take that many pictures this trip, mostly because the whole weekend was an existentialistic event for me and I just wanted to live in, and appreciate each and every moment of it.

From a personal stand point, my iPod seemed to play appropriate music most of the time. Listening to Bob Seeger sing “Against The Wind” was perfect for the ride up the on the 5 Fwy as the gusty headwinds made my mpgs fall into the low 30s. That effect made Jackson Browns “Running On Empty” all the more real as my 5 gallon tank seemed to get smaller as the miles went by. On the ride from Ft. Bragg to Willits, Sheryl Crowes “Every Day Is A Winding Road” could not have been more perfect. The Allman Brothers “Midnight Rider” was on as I was pulling into Buellton at 11:30pm to find a room. When I hit the starter button at 4:30am today Willie Nelson was singing “On The Road Again”. It was Randy Newman’s “I Love LA”, as I rolled into the San Fernando Valley. The ride ended with Seeger’s “Roll Me Away” as I came into my neighborhood. And I wanted to do just that, turn around and head back out.

Good people and good times. One could not ask for better.

Anne, Chris, Melanie and Roger, thanks for putting together a GREAT WEEKEND!
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2010, 10:06:33 PM »

Fred and Wanda

Chris and Anne
What a great weekend event you put together. You really set the bar high. Wanda and I really enjoyed the ride and loved your cards and cookies.
Thanks for a really great weekend. It is always a pleasure and an honor to ride with the CVO group!
By the way the picture is of Duke and Wanda not Fred & Wanda!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:25:51 PM by sanjoseduke »
13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2010, 10:55:05 PM »

THE WAITRESS:
She: quite stunning, conversive and a real pleasure  :2vrolijk_21:
Where: Breakfast in Sausalito
Target: The two follicaly challenged shaven gentelmen in the foreground, Michael and Mark
Conversation: "You aren't bald, you're SOLAR POWERED SEX MACHINES"

RidinRuby

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SEUC Ruby Red
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2010, 11:23:13 PM »

Oh Yes "The Waitress"

RidinRuby

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SEUC Ruby Red
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2010, 11:27:01 PM »

Chris and Anne
What a great weekend event you put together. You really set the bar high. Wanda and I really enjoyed the ride and loved your cards and cookies.
Thanks for a really great weekend. It is always a pleasure and an honor to ride with the CVO group!
By the way the picture is of Duke and Wanda not Fred & Wanda!

My bad

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2010, 12:10:01 AM »

Hi everyone, looks like you all had a great time as usual...... looking forward to next GTG that we can join in on. Great job on all the pictures so we could join you in spirt and scenic splender. Love all those great 2 lane twisties...... See everyone soon, Jon and Susan.

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2010, 12:35:39 AM »

Awesome Pictures, looks like you had a great time!

Sooo sorry we could not make it but the weather on the East side of the Sierras was not going to cooperate for us.

B&T
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2010, 10:17:50 AM »

Lighthouse

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2010, 10:18:57 AM »

Melanie wearing Ernie's favorite helmet
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 22 queries.