Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Neighbor knocked over my saddlebag and messed it up  (Read 3089 times)

Big-T

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09" SERG O&B
Neighbor knocked over my saddlebag and messed it up
« on: May 11, 2010, 10:52:55 PM »

My drunkass neighbor that I have been trying to make invisible came by my house while I was cleaning my bike the other night. I have been trying to ditch this guy for the last year and have avoided him everytime he has tried to contact me. I could not get away from him this time.

I had one of my bags leaning up against the trash can. He staggered over by it and, bamb, knocks it over. The lid was open and slammed the concrete floor. Now I have some serious scratches on the lid that can't be rubbed out and one less nieghbor to deal with. He won't ever be back after I got through with him.

Lesson learned, never leave bags open and leaning against anything. Never let a drunkass neighbor that you don't like in your garage around your bike.

Does anybody know what it will cost me to get the lid repainted?
Never too old to Rock N Roll but too young to die!

Jim Glide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 RG, 2005 RK, 1996 WG, 1991 Fatboy and 10 additional Japanesse bike's: All Sold
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG-Silver Bullet
Re: Neighbor knocked over my saddlebag and messed it up
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 11:03:32 PM »

If you want a quick fix that will hide the scratched lid, you could pick up a saddle bag bra lid which would hide the defect until it's repainted or fixed. Just an idea. Sorry to hear about the scratches on such a nice bike.
S&S 585 Cams, SE Pushrods, Stock Head's ported & polished, 10.5 comp, Non-Cat, SERT, Super-Trap exhaust, HP 111.83. TQ 115.86, Mustang Solo, Rider Claw, TP, 14" Paul Yaffe Monkey Bars & Heat Demons

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:03:46 PM »

My drunkass neighbor that I have been trying to make invisible came by my house while I was cleaning my bike the other night. I have been trying to ditch this guy for the last year and have avoided him everytime he has tried to contact me. I could not get away from him this time.

I had one of my bags leaning up against the trash can. He staggered over by it and, bamb, knocks it over. The lid was open and slammed the concrete floor. Now I have some serious scratches on the lid that can't be rubbed out and one less nieghbor to deal with. He won't ever be back after I got through with him.

Lesson learned, never leave bags open and leaning against anything. Never let a drunkass neighbor that you don't like in your garage around your bike.

Does anybody know what it will cost me to get the lid repainted?
I would make the drunkass neighbour pay for it, JMO
Hawg

Big-T

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09" SERG O&B
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 11:07:10 PM »

I would make the drunkass neighbour pay for it, JMO

He said he would but it is worth a lot for me not to have to deal with this a-hole again.
Never too old to Rock N Roll but too young to die!

Blazo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 11:16:57 PM »

I had a neighbor's dog jump up on my 03' Road King Classic leather saddlebag. Scratched the lid and side of the bag. I asked the neighbor replace the bag. Turns out, he had to buy a new set cuz ya can't buy just one. Never had a problem with the dog after that.

Get your neighbor to buy you a new saddlebag lid (if you can purchase that item separately). You won't have any more problems with that neighbor once he finds out what his stupidity costs him.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 11:20:58 PM »

There is a product that supposedly willcover the scratches. Advertized for boot scratches on sb lids. The name escapes me right now. Maybe someone else knowes the name and will post it. If not i'll post back when my brain gets some rest. Been working all day and I'm over 50.... Thats my excuse tonight and I'm sticking to it!
RETIRED! :fireman:

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 11:30:22 PM »

There is a product that supposedly willcover the scratches. Advertized for boot scratches on sb lids. The name escapes me right now. Maybe someone else knowes the name and will post it. If not i'll post back when my brain gets some rest. Been working all day and I'm over 50.... Thats my excuse tonight and I'm sticking to it!

Here you go. Don't know if it work or not.

http://www.motorcyclearmor.com/index.htm

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 11:40:22 PM »

Big-T, my suggestion would be to send a good photo of your lid to michael@motorcycle-armor.com and ask him if their product would solve your problem. He'll give you an honest assessment of what it will or won't cover. I had them put the film on the mini fairing on my FXDWG2 (see photo) as the windshield bag was scuffing up the clear coat to the point where it was foggy and after the film was on, you couldn't tell it from new. I highly recommend their product but if the scratches go through the clear coat and have scratched the paint, you will probably have to have them redone. I have had a set of hard bags painted to match my wife's SE Deuce and my guestimate for the top of one bag would be a few hundred dollars.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 02:19:26 AM »

It´s only a bike , sure you are angry about , but a neighbour should be worth more than a saddlebag , not really a solution for you - i know . Hmm.
But you will allways be able to tell a good story about this scratches whenever you will be asked about them . Hmmm - again no solution for you.
The scratches will disapear when you will get a new bike ( sometime in the future ) , hmmm - just ideas to stand the scratches
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 02:28:46 AM »

The lid shouldnt be too expensive... just make him pay for it.... or you can order a new lid and when it comes you can hand him the bill and tell him this is what stupid drunk costs you. :huepfenlol2:

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

20 gauge

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 03 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: 07 FXDSE2
    • CVO3: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 03:53:02 AM »

$400 apiece for the lids

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 11:09:06 AM »

Sorry to hear about your loss...the SB, not the DA next door. If your lucky the price of the repaint will be cheap if he never comes over or speaks to you again. Worked for me and it's nice not to have to deal with them at all now! I agree that the paint on my ride is more valuable that some DA. Good neighbors are another thing entirely. They ARE worth the effort.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 05:08:44 PM »

I'm working from memory, and that's become a somewhat iffy proposition, but the lid on a SERG is just one solid color with no graphics, right?  If that's the case, I would certainly think you could find a painter that could shoot that lid for a lot less than $400.  If not, try Jenny or one of the other 20% discount dealerships.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 05:13:18 PM »

I'm always sorry to hear about stuff like this....

Whatever it costs... don't forget to tack on the price for a case of beer for your troubles!

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 07:49:31 AM »

Got a gun?
Bill
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 24 queries.