Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: This Just isn't Right  (Read 1845 times)

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

Dracula

• Full CVO Member
Re: This Just isn't Right
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »

So sad.

:vampire:

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 05:00:18 PM »

Don't seem right,but they should not of tried to flee and then stopped. Looked to me as well that his right hand was either reaching or appeared to be as he made his look back. Tough call.
Sorry for the guy and his family, tough price to pay to be paralyzed.

09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

VINNYHD

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 06:00:51 PM »

SO SAD ALL AROUND......

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 06:35:36 PM »

Sad for all concerned
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

willymax4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 09:41:57 PM »

shot in the back for raising a little hell. >:( if that's the case , every member on this forum would either be dead or wounded. >:(
the cop needs to be locked for attempted murder. >:(

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 09:47:59 PM »

if that's the case , every member on this forum would either be dead or wounded

No, you're wrong.

Second Monday morning quarterback in two days... this has got to be a record.

bobaroni

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 1999 Dyna LowRider
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 10:22:33 PM »

Why don't all LEO have the taser yet?

And Murphy- quit policing peoples comments

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 01:41:08 AM »

Didn't see a weapon or a threatening move. I  want to give the officer the benefit.  Can't make that happen here.  Looks like the cop has a problem with "cause"

Seems the issue is that cities can't afford the cost's of hiring real cops that have been trained in the appropriate response to real world situations.  This guy bolted and stopped - then was shot.  Where was the "immediate threat".  Should he have stopped  and thrown his hands up..probably, should he have been shot in the back for not doing that..I think not.

We are a group of free thinking individuals that thinks outside the box.  I challenge anyone here to say that they have never pushed the envelope..If you had been shot in the back, would you, and your family, have accepted it?

2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 08:28:21 AM »

There was no immediate threat to the officer (shelter of cruiser) or any bystanders.  Victim was in a very unbalanced situation, facing the wrong direction, lights in his face.  Even he pulled a gun, try shhoting from that position.  The officer had lots of time to do this right.
It's hard to train for these scenarios (been there, but didn't fire) so that it's instinct, not panic reaction.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

BADBAGG

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B D& D Fat Cat , SE 259E Cams , High Compression Pistons , TTS Mastertune, Yaffe Monkeys bars , Yaffe Monkey engine guard , Kenwood DVD/CD radio 650 watts 7 speakers. C & C solo seat , Motorcycle Armor, Klock Werks 8" windsheild,30 tooth pulley
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 09:56:57 AM »

i cant believe that he shot him. i hope the judge throws the book at this cop. i also hope the victim sues the crap outta the county.

Ditch

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA # 56.345 1/2

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Orange & Black
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 10:15:33 AM »

All I can say is WOW! My little brother is a LEO and we worry about this all the time. In my opinion the officer was amped up after the short chase and made a move brought on by an adrenaline induced decision. It is unfortunate that someone is paralyzed, but I can only say we shouldn't be to quick to judge him or to cast a net over all LEO's for the actions of one. I do agree that the officers actions were VERY drastic, but as my brother has said to me many times "walk in my shoes and then you will understand what we go through". I feel sorry for all involved!
"Lead don't follow, just don't follow me!!!"

HD Rider

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 11:15:09 AM »

Have several LEO's in my family and friends.  All have seen this and concluded that this cop did it all wrong.  All of them wanted to find a reason to side with the cop but could not.  The jury is going to find this guy guilty and the civil suit against the department is going to settle for a large sum.  They won't let that civil suit go to trial.  Tragedy all around, but LEO's know that they can't do stuff like this.  They have to exercise maximum restraint when using deadly force.  Lesson to all of us:  put your hands out where they can see them.  You can't trust all LEO's to be trained well and be smart and sensible.  Most are, but it is obvious from this case that some are not.  Show em your hands, because that is what they all worry about.  Don't give them any reason to be worried about you.
HD Rider

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 02:10:34 PM »

And Murphy- quit policing peoples comments

Hmmmm.....

Whats that saying about the teapot and the kettle?

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 02:11:19 AM »

From my perspective of the video, I don't think the riders realized a cop was behind them when they hopped on it.  I would be thinking "Oh chit now I've screwed up, got caught dragging"

Bad cop bad training and unjustified. Yes I'm armchair quarterbacking, coffee station reffing, bathroom cheerleading Monday thru Saturday and whatever else two days in a row. Guess I watched the video and read the news stories to come to a conclusion.

Jury found Officer White guilty
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 24 queries.