Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Thinking about a truck  (Read 5289 times)

OsentoskiHarley

Re: Thinking about a truck
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2010, 03:11:04 PM »

Hey Topper I can get you the X plan price if that will sway your decison to go with the Ford.  X plan is offered through Ford employees to friends and family.  Not as good as the A plan but it should save you a couple of thousand on that Platinum.  If you are interested I can give you my email.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2010, 03:41:28 PM »

I just came across a used Platinum. 2009 4 door 4x4 with 8k factory truck, $38k, super deal for
a truck that lists for $51k.
The "TAZMUN"

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2010, 03:42:53 PM »

I'll bet this guy's eyes are brown.  He's certainly full of chit!  You won't get ONE HUNDRED hp from a chip and cleaner WITHOUT an exhaust change. 

This thread is funny and very entertaining.
On the above issue I called a friend and asked him if a 100 was possible with just a chip and cleaner.
He said, possible but highly unlikely.
It's that age old process of, more in, more mixed up, more out!
As that song says "2 outta 3 ain't bad", but 3 outta 3 is best!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2010, 08:35:39 PM »

I just came across a used Platinum. 2009 4 door 4x4 with 8k factory truck, $38k, super deal for
a truck that lists for $51k.

WOW. Where could this truck be found?

Topper
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 08:40:08 PM »

Hey Topper I can get you the X plan price if that will sway your decison to go with the Ford.  X plan is offered through Ford employees to friends and family.  Not as good as the A plan but it should save you a couple of thousand on that Platinum.  If you are interested I can give you my email.

I thank you but I have it already and I just got the PIN#. But hey can I use two of them? LOL. A buddy just called me and told me that Ford is offering 0% or $6,000 cash back. This sweetens the deal.  I just listed my truck on CRAIGSLIST.COM http://muskegon.craigslist.org/cto/1761373960.html  we will have to see if I can get a little more selling it myself.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2010, 08:43:24 PM »

I've had most of the big three thru the years. All were good trucks with no major problems. When diesel reached almost $5 gal, I traded my chevy 2500 4X4  for a Toyota crew max 4X4. It's the biggest back seat I ve seen in a truck. It's been the best truck I've ever had. We make an annual trip from Texas to Colorado towing a trailer which weighs around 4500 lbs. The Toyota tows it better than the diesel. Plus, Toyota's have an advantage most trucks don't.  If you're in a hurry, you just put your flashers on and haul ass. Everybody moves out of you way thinking the gas pedal is stuck.   ;D

That's a good one right there!  

How do ya do on MPG?  I've heard they are around 16 mpg?  Which engine do you have? Which package TRD? SR5?

Kinda wondering if Toyota will come out with some better deals.  I think they are offering $5,000 off and 0%.... but I think they might be able to sweeten the pot due to the current problems
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 08:45:36 PM by 49445CVO »

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2010, 08:48:33 PM »

The best and second worse vehicles I've owned have been Fords.  The best is my current ride, an '06 F-150 Triton V-8 Gas.  I only get 17 mpg but understand I live in what passes for mountains in PA and I have a heavy foot and jack rabbit starts are the norm for me.  This Super Crew cab has plenty of room, is quiet, and laid out well.  It's also hauled a 30+' camper and is used pretty hard with my other hobby of wood working.  We loved it so much we bought another Ford for my wife and it's the best vehicle she's owned.   The bad Fords I had where back in the late 70s and early 80s so it's not fair to judge the current crop on something that old.

And the A#1 advantage I see for it is that the government don't own any of it.  No political party bashing here.  I just don't trust the government not to screw things up and so GM makes me nervous right now.

Dodge's are great if the tranny holds together.  My understanding is that the new ones are better at this then the ealry 2000s where.  But I'm still concerned about Chryslers longevity.

The worse vehicles I ever owned where a pair of Subarus.  After listening to everyone tell me how wonderful they where we bought a couple.  The expense of fixing those crappy Japanese cars has assured me that I will never by a foreign vehicle as long as there's an American alternative.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

I hear you there but I think you are right they made some changes and are a lot better now. I also think they are offering 5 year 100,000 mile power train warranty

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »

In my circle of friends 5 have Avalanche.  Some are on their second.  My brother uses his to commute, loves the hwy mileage.  Gets nearly 28 on the hwy so long as he does not goose the pedal.  he uses it for transport, and hauling his 24 ft trailer, and loves it.  My friend is an electrical contractor and uses his for work.  Loves the lockable cargo area and likes he can take clients out in it and haul is skidoo trailer and boat trailer.  My mechanic friend has a 2004, it has 475,000 km on it.  Oil, Tires, Brakes Battery and a serpentine belt have been it.  Carries tools in it for remote work, and travels around the province.  He is very happy.

Sounds like thats the type of truck your wife... and by extension... you... are looking for

I tried to sit in one today at the local dealership and it was TIGHT. I'm 6'5" but we also have a 9 month old and when Im up front well the seat is gonna be all the way back and that car seat is gonna take up some room. I was hoping it was going to be bigger  :-[. I was talking the the sales guy who is a friend of a friend and he said chevy has lost a lot of sales to Ford due to the cab size. Even the 2500 is the same size as the 1500. I appreciate him being honest and he even went on to say that he has not been told that they are going to change anything on the 2011 either to help compete.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2010, 09:07:04 PM »

Just a quick point--if you are looking at the F150--wait until 2011--the truck is supposed to get the new V8 that the came out with. Much more power and better fuel economy. Just my $.02

Thank you I have been searching for more defined info on this and have not really found anything but speculations

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2010, 09:56:02 PM »

Look at all the ones that you are interested in. Sit in them, drive them
price them, figure in mileage, then go home and weigh the good and the
bad out. Think about it for a day or two then make your decision.

I like the Ford trucks myself.

What ever decision you make remember you will have to live with it
for awhile so do not get in a hurry. All trucks now are expensive
so buy the right one for you. :2vrolijk_21:

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2010, 01:04:05 AM »

Look at all the ones that you are interested in. Sit in them, drive them
price them, figure in mileage, then go home and weigh the good and the
bad out. Think about it for a day or two then make your decision.

I like the Ford trucks myself.

What ever decision you make remember you will have to live with it
for awhile so do not get in a hurry. All trucks now are expensive
so buy the right one for you. :2vrolijk_21:

I hear ya and you are right. There is no rush here

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2010, 07:01:02 AM »

That's a good one right there!  

How do ya do on MPG?  I've heard they are around 16 mpg?  Which engine do you have? Which package TRD? SR5?

Kinda wondering if Toyota will come out with some better deals.  I think they are offering $5,000 off and 0%.... but I think they might be able to sweeten the pot due to the current problems

Mine gets around 13mpg for an average around town. Never been on a trip that I wasn't towing something, so I have no clue what hiway mileage would be. 5.7 ci w/TRD  SR5.  Right now my odometer shows 52K and the factory B F Goodrich Rugged Trail tires still have good life left. Quite a good tire and will be my replacement choice when due.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 01:29:10 PM by GC_Super »
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2010, 03:35:12 AM »

I've had most of the big three thru the years. All were good trucks with no major problems. When diesel reached almost $5 gal, I traded my chevy 2500 4X4  for a Toyota crew max 4X4. It's the biggest back seat I ve seen in a truck. It's been the best truck I've ever had. We make an annual trip from Texas to Colorado towing a trailer which weighs around 4500 lbs. The Toyota tows it better than the diesel. Plus, Toyota's have an advantage most trucks don't.  If you're in a hurry, you just put your flashers on and haul ass. Everybody moves out of you way thinking the gas pedal is stuck.   ;D

stopped in to my local Toyota dealer today, just to see what they may have in stock. I be darned, they had a brand new crew max limited TRD in white :smitten: Gonna take her for a drive and see how it compares to the F-150.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2010, 03:40:53 AM »

BTW... I received 5 calls today on my truck. 2 came right over at the same time (unplanned) and the one guy bought it right then and there. I never cleaned her up because I did not think anyone would come over in the morning. Well like my wife said if it is meant to be put it on graigslist and see what happens. I got caught with my pants down and now need to do a full court press to find a replacement.

Kinda funny how things happen.

Topper

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2010, 01:45:22 PM »

I did it. I took that Tundra for a test ride and wow what a nice truck. Picking her up on Tues.

Thanks guys
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 24 queries.