Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beware parts shortage!  (Read 1365 times)

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
Beware parts shortage!
« on: May 26, 2010, 09:59:15 PM »

I purchsed the Classic Covers kit 94943-07 ($109.95), it is supposed to do all the fasteners on the engine and trans. It doesn't! They give you 8 rockers box cover bolt covers (you need 12) and 7 trans housing bolt covers (you need 9 total) and you still end up a few short to complete the entire job even if you buy them. They also stopped supplying the glue (100% silicone) even tho the instructions still say it comes with the kit. Each additional cover you need will cost you another $3.50. Damn shame they rip off their customers over something so simple. Between needing to spend tons of cash to get their bikes to perform they way they should and feel the way they should, and other add on rip offs, after I get the SEST done tomorrow I will never buy another thing from HD, ever. This coming from a guy that has been on HD's since 16 years old and spent over $60k with HD in the past 2 years. I have finally had enough of their crap.

EDIT: Added it up and actually it's closer to 75K in the last 27 months.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:03:36 AM by ezpgh »

Paulie

Re: Beware parts shortage!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 05:48:43 PM »

>:(
I am with you brother. My CVO has turned out to be the worst harley experience.  I have also been on these things since I was 16 and am now 61.  The CVO is my 12th.  A real waste of money.  Runs hot, light malfunctions, etc

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 08:59:48 PM »

I am with you brother. My CVO has turned out to be the worst harley experience.  I have also been on these things since I was 16 and am now 61.  The CVO is my 12th.  A real waste of money.  Runs hot, light malfunctions, etc

HD promises a new download for the SEST soon that will fix the 6th speed light. I hope the new download help a bit with the heat also, and maybe the popping exhaust. My dealer promises to call me the day he has it.

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 06:33:23 PM »

Paulie,

I think calling the ConV a "real waste of money" is a bit harsh, no? All the 110's run hot until you tune them, this is not a FLSTSE specific problem. The 6th gear light is a well known and documented issue that is easily fixed. Most of the ConV owners seem to be very happy with their rides (myself included). So far I have not done anything to it that I would not have done to any new HD out of the box. I guess to each his own but I do love mine and smile every time I twist that throttle.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 20 queries.