Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Seat  (Read 7305 times)

Dood2

• Full CVO Member
Re: Seat
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 02:54:41 PM »

I had it with the factory seat. A buddy has a Softail Custom with a Sundowner seat. So I took it for a spin over the weekend. I went to my dealer this AM and bought the seat. I did about 100 miles today in 96 degree heat. What a great improvement, so comfy. Now I'm going to put a Fat Boy windshield on and start to enjoy this cycle somemore. ( Maybe cruise control for next years trip to Sturgis. ( 5000 miles round trip )

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE Red
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 09:54:43 PM »

I might be in the market for one of these  :2vrolijk_21:

I was very happy with the Sundowner on my old Low Rider.

I got mine too :2vrolijk_21: Very happy :huepfenjump3:
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

hadye

• Pharaoh Rider
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • Pharaoh Bikers
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 12:56:30 AM »

I got mine too :2vrolijk_21: Very happy :huepfenjump3:

I know its an old thread , but does the sundowner comes in one piece or separate passenger & rider?

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 05:40:49 AM »

I know its an old thread , but does the sundowner comes in one piece or separate passenger & rider?

Hadye, Sundowner comes in one piece. I had one on my 05 SE Fatboy and it was a great seat, very comfortable. I order one for 11' ConV and was very disappointed that it was almost no better than the stock (45 minute) seat and no better for the passenger. I sent it back. Just our experience!

In my opinion the best money spent is for an Air Hawk. http://www.airhawkseatcushions.net/p-221-airhawk-medium-cruiser.aspx
For the passenger. http://www.airhawkseatcushions.net/p-237-airhawk-small-pillion-cruiser-passenger.aspx

I currently have a Fatboy passenger Pillion on for my wife, wider and thicker than stock. It doesn't match perfectly (style) but not bad and is better for a longer ride. A dealer will tell you it doesn't fit but it does. My wife says she still likes the Air Hawk better though!
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448770275&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309447087&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309447087&locale=en_US&bmUID=1338024872542&bmLocale=en_US
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 09:25:47 AM »

Hayde
I know we each have strong feelings about something on our bike that we like and I have tried the Sundower and it is better than the stock seat (it is in one piece) but let me tell you I would go with the Corbin. The passenger likes it and I love it and it looks GREAT. You can even have Corbin customize it for you. My wife and I rode 5,000 miles on one last summer and will be doing the same this summer.

Just my opinion!

Etudeguy

hadye

• Pharaoh Rider
  • Senior CVO Member

• Pharaoh Bikers
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 09:47:56 AM »

In my opinion the best money spent is for an Air Hawk. http://www.airhawkseatcushions.net/p-221-airhawk-medium-cruiser.aspx
For the passenger. http://www.airhawkseatcushions.net/p-237-airhawk-small-pillion-cruiser-passenger.aspx

Well, let me tell that this summer I will have a looong ride. I was looking all over the net about the best comfortable way to enjoy this trip & the only thing that I found most people agree on is the air hawk. Since then I have put them on my wish list but now the recommendation is so much not to be an agreed on opinion. I will invest in this & hope that I would enjoy a comfy ride

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hadye

• Pharaoh Rider
  • Senior CVO Member

• Pharaoh Bikers
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 09:53:13 AM »

Hayde
I know we each have strong feelings about something on our bike that we like and I have tried the Sundower and it is better than the stock seat (it is in one piece) but let me tell you I would go with the Corbin. The passenger likes it and I love it and it looks GREAT. You can even have Corbin customize it for you. My wife and I rode 5,000 miles on one last summer and will be doing the same this summer.

Just my opinion!

Etudeguy

Yeah we sure agree on this, as I am preparing for a long ride, I am trying to "tune" the bike on all aspects whether the seating, the engine and even touring stuff . That would cost me a small fortune, I know that the quality of Corbin are indisputable but it is expensive for me at least now ( especially the bike is still new) I believe I would go with the Airhawk as a temporary solution of comfort for the coming trip.

Your opinion means a lot for me as it resolve alot of my confusion

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2012, 02:16:47 PM »

i have a sundowner seat for sale
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2012, 12:51:21 AM »

+1 on the AirHawk. I have never read a bad review on them and the nice thing about them is you keep your stock seat for every day riding and slap it on for the long hauls. The wife loves the one for the passenger pillion as well.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 12:59:50 PM »

+1 on the AirHawk. I have never read a bad review on them and the nice thing about them is you keep your stock seat for every day riding and slap it on for the long hauls.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 24 queries.