Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Must Have Changes For New SEEGs...  (Read 53047 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Must Have Changes For New SEEGs...
« Reply #240 on: December 14, 2005, 02:34:58 PM »

I've been reading the threads on this site for a while now and like the site so much I decided to join.  You guys have lots of good information and a super forum.
The one biggest "gotta have" is a breather kit from Doherty.  They call it a Power Pac and it includes a velocity stack that is built into the backing plate.   The whole thing is carved out of billet aluminum and fits perfect.  I had the SE breather on several other bikes,  but in my opinion  this one is the kind.
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #241 on: December 14, 2005, 02:42:06 PM »

Hey Beagle, welcome to the site!  Got a photo of that setup you're talkin' about?

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #242 on: December 14, 2005, 07:01:10 PM »

I tried to post them twice with no luck.  Any ideas?????
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #243 on: December 14, 2005, 07:47:14 PM »

I tried to post them twice with no luck.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #244 on: December 14, 2005, 08:25:44 PM »

Well,   Like my wife always says,  "IT'S TOO BIG" (well the attachment is anyway).  I can't figure out how to shrink it either,  not like I can put it in cold water.  Anyway,  you can look at their website at www.dohertymachine.com.  If you decide to go this route,  you won't be disappointed.  This thing is very well made and the velocity stack really makes a difference.  I polished mine a little before installing it (don't know if it made any difference,  but it looks cool).  I would also recomend the power vents (they really clean up the looks).  Why does this site limit attachments to 1MB anyway???

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #245 on: December 14, 2005, 08:43:39 PM »

Is this the one you talking about?

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #246 on: December 14, 2005, 09:21:20 PM »

Why does this site limit attachments to 1MB anyway???

Don't have a direct answer, but when you consider that an 800 x 600 pixel photo will fill the area of a post without being so large that you have to scroll to see the entire image and most of those are in the neighborhood of 200KB, 1MB is a rather large maximum file size.

Check your photo editing software.  Most all have a resizing function, though it can be difficult to find on some.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #247 on: December 14, 2005, 09:25:23 PM »

Dat's it.  If you haven't already bought one of the SE kits,  this is sure to thrill.  I did however,  even with the power vents,  pipe the head breathers into the air cleaner (about $15 worth of parts from my local hardware store,  that keeps the cam cover clean).  I had to cris-cross the lines to make it work,  but no oil on my motor.  If you want to do it,  I'll send pics if you send an email address.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #248 on: February 02, 2006, 06:30:32 PM »

A couple of you wanted to see the plumbing job I did on my Doherty Power Pac to keep any blow by off my motor (and pant leg),  well,  I checked with Tim Doherty yesterday,  and he now offers a kit do do just what I did.  I used stainless steel 90's on my bike,  but his kit uses plastic.  It works the same, and if you call him,  he'll most likely send one out to you (just pay shipping).  He also makes a kit called Mystfree (or something like it),  what it does is create a second chamber under the rocker box cover to help oil vapor get trapped inside and not get pushed down into the air cleaner.  The kit works with any style air cleaner,  I you bike is having blow by problems,  check it out at:
www.dohertymachine.com

Hogfn

• Full CVO Member
  • FINALLY!!
« Reply #249 on: February 22, 2006, 09:18:35 AM »

Not sure where to post this question, but I'm considering a headset/intercom for our longer rides.  I've relished the rides thus far without small chit-chat, but think it's time to look at other options.  I have the '05 SEEEG, so there's no stock hook-up.  Any ideas, suggestions, and experiences to pass along?
2014 SE
2005 Cherry SE
SE Air Cleaner
PC III
Freedom Exhaust and Pipes

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #250 on: February 22, 2006, 10:23:36 AM »

Not sure where to post this question, but I'm considering a headset/intercom for our longer rides.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 10:25:41 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BadDog

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #251 on: March 07, 2006, 03:42:34 PM »

MECHANICAL RESERVE FOR ALL OF US WITH ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION (EFI) BIKES!

I'm planning a long trip and trying to avoid running out of gas.  How many times have we been daydreaming only to find that that teeny little idiot light has been on for the last twenty miles and you havent noticed it because either the sun was at your back or it was just too beautiful to look down at your guages..... well here's a "must have" that I just discovered:  I contacted Pingel (the fuel valve company) and purchased two of their products: part #62052 Carb conversion kit $33.95 and part # 6311-CR High Flow fuel valve $98.70.  The two parts were not inexpensive at $133 HOWEVER, I now have a mechanical reserve valve.  The EFI conversion kit is NOrmally for converting back to a carburetor from EFI.  You simply use the adapter that comes with the conversion kit and insert the new High Flow pingel fuel valve into it and you now have a mechanical reserve.  You simply do not use the return valve plug that comes with the kit (if you were eliminating EFI).  So for $133 I now know when I am running on reserve and start thinking full time about getting to that nearest gas station.  Forget the IDIOT light on the dashboard....I'm too busy looking at the beautiful view!

Bad Dog

Here's the link to the conversion kit...... and then pick your own high flow fuel valve!  

http://www.pingelonline.com/magneti_marelli_conversion.htm

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #252 on: May 01, 2006, 02:37:35 PM »

Must haves even on our Harleys...

« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 02:38:04 PM by jfscheck »
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #253 on: May 01, 2006, 04:24:08 PM »

Wow - funny coming across an old post two years latter...

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #254 on: November 07, 2006, 03:31:20 PM »

I gotta say, I'm loving my new 6-speed...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.