Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TC 88 runs poorly  (Read 945 times)

Wurnie

TC 88 runs poorly
« on: June 17, 2010, 02:52:08 PM »

Hello,

please excuse my poor English, but English ist not my native language. A friend of mine owns a used E-Glide Ultra (not CVO) from 2006. The Bike has been imported from the United States a few weeks ago. The Bike is equipped with SE AC, ECM Stage 1 and SE touring mufflers. The engine revs very well up to 3500 rpm in the first and second gear and pulls strongly. Exceeding 3500 rpm the engine sounds like an elk in rutting season, but it doesn't pull properly.

He is not able to drive the engine into the rev limiter (6200 rpm) while in third gear. In the forth and fifth gear this bad dynamic vehicle behavior is more noticeable. If you pass a truck on the "Autobahn" (no speedlimit  :mango:) with approx. 60mph and you open the throttle (WOT) quickly, it sounds through the AC but the engine don't revs fast. The max. speed is approx. 100 mph on a long way. The upper throttle (last 1/3 of the rotation) shows no reaction on high speed.
He put a PC III with the rigth map on the Bike and it was really noticeable from idle up to 3500 rpm  :confused5:

What could be the reason  :Nixie's:

greetings from Germany

Wurnie

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: TC 88 runs poorly
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 06:30:09 PM »

Wurnie,

Wie Gehts,

What do the spark plugs look like after you try and ride the bike in this range where it sounds so bad?

What happens if you add a bunch of fuel from 3500 to 5500 ?  Almost sounds like the motor might be too lean.
Any chance you have an intake leak ?

hast du genug petrol von 3500 - 5500 ?

Klingt wie der Motor zu mager

Regards / mit freundlichen Gruss
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 06:39:53 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 20 queries.