Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Help me decide on a SE!  (Read 6801 times)

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
Re: Help me decide on a SE!
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2010, 01:40:34 PM »

Painted Bag $1058.00    Painted Lid $385.00.  I am not sure what it is yet.....   :oops:   Do they really have the paint matched well? I would assume the answer is yes....

D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 01:45:05 PM by DennisG »
2011 CVO Street Glide
Black Diamond with Crimson graphics
Wood 8 cams, 58mm TB, Hillside heads, (Changed to R&R cast heads, went from 115 hp 113 tq to 125 hp 124.73 tq)  D&D Bosscat Wrapped performance baffle, awesome sound!
Harley LED headlights and passing lamps
Focal spkrs and Arc Audio amp
Wild One Chubby bars 0575

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2010, 02:19:55 PM »

Painted Bag $1058.00    Painted Lid $385.00.  I am not sure what it is yet.....   :oops:   Do they really have the paint matched well? I would assume the answer is yes....

D

Because it's a current model year, you shouldn't have any problems getting an almost, if not identical, match.  The paint on the bike hasn't had a chance to age (read fade/change) yet.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2010, 02:31:22 PM »

Bike will be here in 1.5 hrs...  I can hardly contain my excitement!   :nervous:  

I am holding you guys personally responsible if I hate it!!!!  Or if I lose my a$$ on it!  

Your reimbursement of me will feel like nothing once we divide it between all the participating forum perpetrators....  I mean members!   :)

Do you think this bike will hold its value well?  

PS... For those that inquired...  here is a picture of my cutie with her original stuffed animal from when she was a baby!  This will be posted for a limited time only...  she would kill me if she knew I put it up!   In case you don't think shes that cute, remember, I m 53 and my friend affectionately calls me Skeletor!!     :dunce:

:love:

Which one is megan and which one is muffy :nixweiss: ?

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2010, 02:32:02 PM »

Because it's a current model year, you shouldn't have any problems getting an almost, if not identical, match.  The paint on the bike hasn't had a chance to age (read fade/change) yet.

:devil:

Good point thanks
2011 CVO Street Glide
Wood 8 cams, 58mm TB, Hillside heads, (Changed to R&R cast heads, went from 115 hp 113 tq to 125 hp 124.73 tq)  D&D Bosscat Wrapped performance baffle, awesome sound!

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2010, 02:33:21 PM »

Which one is megan and which one is muffy :nixweiss: ?

lol  Muffy on left, Megan on right!

D
2011 CVO Street Glide

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2010, 02:46:14 PM »

We guarantee you'll loose your azz on it! :2vrolijk_21:  Also guaranteed.....they're not holding their value at all.....although they are holding their value better than a regular HD. :2vrolijk_21:  We're here to help you.......help you spend all your money......max out all your credit cards and sell your soul.  But the up side is you'll have a damn nice bike! ;D  Congratulations on the new ride, you'll love it instantly! :2vrolijk_21:

Quick, call the dealership and ask them what a color matched saddle bag costs for that bike (probably somewhere around $1500) and deduct that from the sale price.  **EDIT**  Looks like you already did that.

Oh yea......and don't buy your tie downs at a Wal Mart! :nervous:

By the way, she is a looker, your lady I mean! :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 02:49:15 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2010, 02:51:09 PM »

Get the seller to deduct the price of the parts you found.  But don't order them from your local dealer at full price.  Once the deal is done and the price discounted order the parts from Jenni at Tri County Harley.  You'll get 20% off the price of the parts there.  That'll make the bike seem just a wee bit cheaper.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2010, 03:00:05 PM »

Get the seller to deduct the price of the parts you found.  But don't order them from your local dealer at full price.  Once the deal is done and the price discounted order the parts from Jenni at Tri County Harley.  You'll get 20% off the price of the parts there.  That'll make the bike seem just a wee bit cheaper.
Edit aboved striked thru to...

"give us more of your money we can spend on mods for your new bike". :sneaky: :wiseguy: :evilgrin: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

BTW - Congrats!!!! Now the fun spending begins. :D ;D :D ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2010, 05:26:15 PM »

Yikes!   What an amazing bike!  :-)  Gotta go ride it!!!
2011 CVO Street Glide

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: 2012 GMC Denali Duramax HD
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2010, 05:48:48 PM »

We guarantee you'll loose your azz on it! :2vrolijk_21:  Also guaranteed.....they're not holding their value at all.....although they are holding their value better than a regular HD. :2vrolijk_21:  We're here to help you.......help you spend all your money......max out all your credit cards and sell your soul.  But the up side is you'll have a damn nice bike! ;D  Congratulations on the new ride, you'll love it instantly! :2vrolijk_21:

Quick, call the dealership and ask them what a color matched saddle bag costs for that bike (probably somewhere around $1500) and deduct that from the sale price.  **EDIT**  Looks like you already did that.

Oh yea......and don't buy your tie downs at a Wal Mart! :nervous:

By the way, she is a looker, your lady I mean! :2vrolijk_21:

Must say I agree...our ladies look even better when they don't complain about how much we spend on our bikes... ;D

Congrats on the new ride!!! I actually had a similar incident happen on a previous bike I bought...a strap broke in the seller's trailer before he got to me with the bike.  After all was said and done, I was into the bike a few dollars less and, of course, spent the money immediately on some more chrome.  We're glad you're here...you'll find a lot of friendly people on this site.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: 

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2010, 11:18:15 PM »

The damage was really minor but it was on the lid and the bag.  well the guy did not want to reduce the price, but we talked it over and I told him call his insurance co.   they are going to cover it under comprehensive, only 100 dollar deductible.  After getting this bike and riding it and knowing how much money he put in and was losing in such a short time (he's only had it since march)  I almost feel petty wanting it fixed now.  After all it is a used bike.  I mean he gave me piles of stuff that he hasn't even put on yet that he could have sold on ebay. 

As to the bike, I am nothing short of completely ENTHRALLED with it! Just got back from a great ride.   It is a monster cruiser!  I am so glad I went WHOLE HOG! ... so to speak!   Pics coming, I may start another thread. It even sounds real good with the Vance and Hines slip ons on stock header, but I think it could run and sound even better.  Any suggestions?  What do you have on yours CVOfan?

Dennis
2011 CVO Street Glide

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: 2012 GMC Denali Duramax HD
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2010, 09:27:16 AM »

I think you did the right thing working with his insurance company to help pay for the repair...after all, the guy was going above and beyond obligation to deliver it to you.   :2vrolijk_21:

On my bike, I have the Rinehart slip on mufflers and stock headers, as well.  I also have the SE Hi-Flow air breather...mine looks like the SESG version.  The one I noticed on your bike is a better model, IMO. These two mods combined change the air/fuel mixture quite a bit on these bikes.  I didn't see in the guy's listing where he installed a tuner on the bike.  If there is not one, you may want to consider adding the Harley SE Pro Super Tuner (p/n  32109-08b).  After dyno-tuning my bike with the Super Tuner, I'm getting 93.58 hp and 114 ft/lbs torque...although I don't run my bike hard, it's nice to know it's been tuned for optimum performance.

You'll find a lot of useful information on this site....the initial purchase is just the down payment... ;D

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2010, 10:46:39 AM »

I would definately get the saddle bag and lid.  I'd keep the damaged one on for awhile (till you get used to the bike) and keep the new one for down the road.

If you want to make it easy on him, don't back off the insurance claim, just cover the deductable.  That would probably make him feel very good about it and you still get the new bag and lid.

He sold it to you for an agreed price in a specific condition (it shouldn't have a damaged bag or lid being this new), so he should make it right.

If you don't have a tuner, I'd suggest a TTS.  It's probably the most common in use on the CVOs of this forum.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2010, 10:53:11 AM »

I would definately get the saddle bag and lid.  I'd keep the damaged one on for awhile (till you get used to the bike) and keep the new one for down the road.

If you want to make it easy on him, don't back off the insurance claim, just cover the deductable.  That would probably make him feel very good about it and you still get the new bag and lid.

He sold it to you for an agreed price in a specific condition (it shouldn't have a damaged bag or lid being this new), so he should make it right.

If you don't have a tuner, I'd suggest a TTS.  It's probably the most common in use on the CVOs of this forum.

Isn't it a VIN protected part requiring the return of the damaged one?  :nixweiss:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2010, 11:47:48 AM »

Isn't it a VIN protected part requiring the return of the damaged one?  :nixweiss:

When I called about the parts, they had no specifics about that, just that I needed the VIN to purchase.   Time will tell.
2011 CVO Street Glide
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 24 queries.