Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I did something stupid...  (Read 2087 times)

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member
I did something stupid...
« on: June 27, 2010, 09:05:32 AM »

I neglected to make note of the routing of the left side (as your sitting on the bike) gas tank vent hose. The one that is a harder plastic and has a piece of rubber hose connecting two pieces.  The right side is straight forward and gets zip tied back in place.

The left side, if I route it with it's natural bends it takes it down by the final drive belt and ends laying on top of the transmission.  Too close to the final drive belt for comfort.

Can someone pull their seat and left side panel and note where that vent hose routes?

BTW... this happened installing the J&M Speaker and Amp (and Freedom 7" shield).... I'll take a video of the shield and new tunes while I wait for a response.

Thanks in advance,
Keith M.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 10:11:44 AM by Maladjusted »
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum a.k.a Jack Sparrow
Re: I did something stupid...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 04:59:07 PM »

Given the views it would appear it's ok.  Is it OK?

Spiced Rum 100% stock. just as it left the factory and that's what my good lady thinks too!

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 05:09:30 PM »

I rode 60 miles last night... it seems to be ok.. it just makes me nervous flopping around so close to the final drive belt and to have it terminate right sitting right on top of the transmission.
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

TEQUILA -aka- RED RUM

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 08:22:50 AM »

HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR BIKE CHERP WHEN YOU TURN THE KEY............THANKS KEITH

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 10:00:14 AM »

HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR BIKE CHERP WHEN YOU TURN THE KEY............THANKS KEITH

You are in chirpless mode....switching modes--page 92 of the owners manual--or I could type out the steps if you need them.

TEQUILA -aka- RED RUM

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 10:15:20 AM »

THANKS...............................this site is the best.......... :carrot:

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 01:26:17 AM »

I rode 60 miles last night... it seems to be ok.. it just makes me nervous flopping around so close to the final drive belt and to have it terminate right sitting right on top of the transmission.

Were you able to fix this problem?  I did the same thing when I was installing my HW amp and had to remove the tank to run the leads back to the battery.  The service manual tells you (when you bother to read it ahead of time which I did not) to disconnect the vent line up by the tank filler which allows the vent line to stay in place.  I pulled mine too far out and had to snake it back in.  It follows right against the frame rail past the belt drive, so if you are nervous it is because it is probably not gone back to the intended location.  I say probably because I had to snake a piece of copper wire up from the bottom of the frame through the intended path and the zip ties and tape the vent line to the fished wire and pull it back down.  There is a diagram in the service manual generally showing the location were the line goes, but it is not much help.  If you feel all the way down the frame in front of the final drive you should feel several zip ties in tough to reach locations, where there is nothing being held down, except you vent line if you've managed to get it back in place. :)

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 08:16:22 AM »

Sapper... thank you much!  Your response is exactly what I was looking for.

I will need to address that, mine is NOT in the correct place.

Thanks again!

Mal
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

Page created in 0.286 seconds with 24 queries.