Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shipping Harleys to Alaska?  (Read 528 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Shipping Harleys to Alaska?
« on: June 28, 2010, 08:26:08 AM »

Several couples are planning a ride from Anchorage, AK back home fo Florida next year.  Due to the distance involved combined with limited time off, we are looking to ship our bikes to Anchorage & then ride all the way home.  

If anyone has any experience shipping bikes to AK (or from?) would be very interested.  Have found several companies that will do this but they all want somewhere around $2k & that will cause us to seek alternatives if that is the best shipping rate available.  If anyone knows of a reliable company or method would appreciate the input/advice.  Would rather ride up & back but we are looking at a 3 week time frame just for the ride home.  Either reply here or send a PM.

Scenic route is planned - Several days in AK then Jasper NP, Banff, Lake Louise, Glacier NP, Yellowstone NP, Cody, Black Hills area, Rocky Mt. NP & then down through the Taos, NM area before heading east.  
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Shipping Harleys to Alaska?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 09:13:27 AM »

Keyboard Motorcycle shippers......should only be $600 from Florida to Seattle.  Not sure why it would be so much more the rest of the way to Alaska unless they're put on a boat. :nixweiss:

Maybe ship to Seattle and ride from there on up to Alaska and then back. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 11:54:16 AM »

Thanks!  Will give them a call. 

From what I have seen some of these companies appear to be shipping agents that are just arranging transport & no way am I about to go that route. 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 12:23:24 PM »

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 01:51:45 PM »

Thanks again!

Keyboard does not ship to AK - they referred me to Barry at MoverQuest.  Already had a quote from him.

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 20 queries.