Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: exaust and tuner suggestions for 2010 SESG?  (Read 4127 times)

TJMichigan

exaust and tuner suggestions for 2010 SESG?
« on: June 30, 2010, 09:58:51 PM »

does anyone have suggestions for exhaust and programmer for the 2010 SESG?  I want to keep the cool, large dual look, but need to open it up.  Wasn't happy with Power Commander V5 on my 09 SG because of the inability to have the tack match the engine with the rev limiter turned on and not using the 02 sensors.  Also had Bub true duals, but they seemed to suck on the horse power.  Suggestions????????? Pics? 

Joelgonia

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRISE4
Re: exaust and tuner suggestions for 2010 SESG?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 10:36:29 PM »

Dropped my bike off today with a specialty mechanic -- specialty being he is Harley certified and specializes in Harley high performance upgrades.  He recommends the new ThunderMax EFI tuner for the 2010 engines -- has about 30 installs and all are very happy -- quicker throttle response, cooler engine, better mpg.  Cost from the website is $900, plus installation.  Several commentaries here in CVOHarley.com -- search for em and enjoy the read.  FYI... I'm getting one of these with the V&H true duals and free-flow air cleaner.
2010 CVO Blk Ultra -- Krull the Warrior King

Living large - Flying low - Riding high

KaseyKahnefan

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Spiced Rum FLHXSE
Re: exhaust and tuner suggestions for 2010 SESG?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 12:30:14 AM »

I'm watching this thread closely. I'm in the same position. I'm looking for a little deeper rumble but nothing obnoxious and will leave the stock headers. So I'm looking for slipons and a tuner. The Thunder-max @ $900 seems out of line to me. Do these aftermarket tuners eliminate the program that turns off one cylinder when the engine get too hot? So I guess I'd add I'm looking for affordable options for an upgrade. It's my understanding that a person doesn't want to change the mufflers without re-tuning....? :nixweiss:

bjizel

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 02:10:08 AM »

Check out Fullsac Performance (www.fullsac.com) Steve George 928-505-2912

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 07:04:40 AM »

Check out Fullsac Performance (www.fullsac.com) Steve George 928-505-2912

+1

I think the majority of us have gone the Fullsac route. I, for one, am very pleased with the X-pipe, TTS and baffles. This is a very good combo so if you search for any other views here you may want to include Fullsac.

Which ever way you go, good luck with your mods and enjoy.   :2vrolijk_21:

-wiz

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 02:23:29 PM »

:drink:

I'd check with Fullsac and Fuel Moto to get a fair comparison.

Both are very good.

:coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 08:25:49 PM »

I'm running the Vance and Hines Power Duals with the Basic 4" slippons and tuned with the SEST.  Cooler running engine, sounds great, runs great, and looks great.  I went with the SEST because that's what my tuner was more comfortable with.  My advice is go with whatever your tuner is more comfortable with.  :2vrolijk_21:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Joelgonia

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 08:46:51 PM »

Red Devil -- How do you like the V & H duals?  any comments good or bad?

worshipduder

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 11:51:17 PM »

Vance and Hines power duals , hi output slip ons and TTS AND BE DONE WITH IT  :2vrolijk_21:
2010 FLXHSE Candy Concord
V&H Power Duals
V&H Hi-Output Slip-ons
TTS Mastertune
Feuling Reaper 574 Camchest Kit
Feuling Oil Pump
Dyno'd at 116 HP & 118 TQ
C&C Flame Stitched Seat
Wild 1 Chubby 575s
PM Contour Touring Mirrors
J&M 7.25 Speakers & 250 Watt Amp
Hogtunes Hogpod
Riders Claw
HD Contoured Heated Hand Grips
Wicked Image Flame Shift Linkage
Klock Werks Flare 8.5
HD Electra-Glo™ Light Pod Kit
Kury License Plate

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 11:55:45 PM »

Dropped my bike off today with a specialty mechanic -- specialty being he is Harley certified and specializes in Harley high performance upgrades.  He recommends the new ThunderMax EFI tuner for the 2010 engines -- has about 30 installs and all are very happy -- quicker throttle response, cooler engine, better mpg.  Cost from the website is $900, plus installation.  Several commentaries here in CVOHarley.com -- search for em and enjoy the read.  FYI... I'm getting one of these with the V&H true duals and free-flow air cleaner.

Did you get the TMax done?? How is it???? Did he use a dyno or did helet the unit do it's own tuning??? Inquiring minds need to know!!!

Joelgonia

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 12:54:55 AM »

gotta save up some cash -- need a trailer first!  Plan is to get my mods sometime this fall / winter.  Couple other threads in here discussing TMax pros & cons.  From what I read and have been told, TMax makes its own adjustments to maintain 13:1 burn at all rpm and throttle.  I'm a big believer in not reinventing the wheel -- One of the main reasons I enjoy this forum!!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 10:40:57 AM »

gotta save up some cash -- need a trailer first!  Plan is to get my mods sometime this fall / winter.  Couple other threads in here discussing TMax pros & cons.  From what I read and have been told, TMax makes its own adjustments to maintain 13:1 burn at all rpm and throttle.  I'm a big believer in not reinventing the wheel -- One of the main reasons I enjoy this forum!!

I'm planning to do the install over the winter as well.....thought you were having it done now from the previous post.

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 07:44:18 PM »

I'm running the Vance and Hines Power Duals with the Basic 4" slippons and tuned with the SEST.  Cooler running engine, sounds great, runs great, and looks great.  I went with the SEST because that's what my tuner was more comfortable with.  My advice is go with whatever your tuner is more comfortable with.  :2vrolijk_21:

Hi RedDevil,

I have 2010 SE Ultra with  basic slip ons with stock cat pipe.  I am going to install power duals and get a good tune.  I like the sound of the basics but I am thinking if I was gonna change em out for a different muffler, now would be the time before the tune.  The sound may change after the power duals and the tune, maybe louder, smoother....  dunno,, maybe I should just keep the basics on and be done with it..  any thoughts on this subject?  Did you put the whole rig all at once or did you go a step at a time, maybe notice a change in the sound of basics with further additions...?

Thanks

Dennis
2011 CVO Street Glide
Black Diamond with Crimson graphics
Wood 8 cams, 58mm TB, Hillside heads, (Changed to R&R cast heads, went from 115 hp 113 tq to 125 hp 124.73 tq)  D&D Bosscat Wrapped performance baffle, awesome sound!
Harley LED headlights and passing lamps
Focal spkrs and Arc Audio amp
Wild One Chubby bars 0575

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 11:46:08 PM »

Hi RedDevil,

I have 2010 SE Ultra with  basic slip ons with stock cat pipe.  I am going to install power duals and get a good tune.  I like the sound of the basics but I am thinking if I was gonna change em out for a different muffler, now would be the time before the tune.  The sound may change after the power duals and the tune, maybe louder, smoother....  dunno,, maybe I should just keep the basics on and be done with it..  any thoughts on this subject?  Did you put the whole rig all at once or did you go a step at a time, maybe notice a change in the sound of basics with further additions...?

Thanks

Dennis

I put the basics on first with the stock head pipes because the Power Duals weren't available when I bought my SESG.  The basics got a little louder once the power duals were added, but not obnoxiously louder.  I can still listen to my stereo at highway speeds with no problem.  Other than that, they didn't change.  There was a noticeable change in performance once I added the power duals though and had the tune done.  If you like the sound of the basics now, keep them, you won't be disappointed in how they sound with the Power Duals. 

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

wscott002

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 08:34:08 PM »

I just installed V&H Power Duals with the 4" Rinehart slip-ons and HD Race Tuner & Dyno... 97 HP & 111 Torque... Sounds Great ! (Fairly simple install)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.