Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First Wash & Ride Impressions  (Read 1037 times)

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
First Wash & Ride Impressions
« on: July 03, 2010, 07:55:05 AM »

I've got 800 miles on my Spiced Rum.  Gave it a first wash.  Liquid Glass really popped the color.   There are a whole lot of nooks, crannies, bolts, cables, connectors and just stuff that takes time to clean.  But it sure looks great once finished.  Cleaning my Springer is a breeze by comparison.

Posted a comments on ride comparison Springer to SESG.  I'm fortunate to be able to ride both.  Still learning about the pleasures of a touring bike.  Still learning about the the challenge (like a sharp radius turn with a fairing at slow speed). 

Here's to the joy's of CVO's.  Ride safe.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=51284.0

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: First Wash & Ride Impressions
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 08:24:11 AM »

Well, you get in touch with Mark (Ironhorse on this forum) and make arrangements to fly out to Los Angeles and take his Ride Like A Pro West Coast course on one of his fleet bikes and those sharp radius turns will no longer be an issue, even at slow speed, on a bagger with a fairing. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum a.k.a Jack Sparrow
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 03:26:59 PM »

Looking good RPR50.  Mine's done 800 and looks like 80000 - more bugs, dead animals, dust etc than I could tell you.  That's the great thing about the spiced rum - looks great dirty or super clean. 

Thanks for sharing.

Spiced Rum 100% stock. just as it left the factory and that's what my good lady thinks too!

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 07:05:19 PM »

There is NOTHING like a clean and polished SG!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 07:23:15 AM »

It's hard not to obsess about keeping it clean. But it's a bike not a museum. IMO part of the fun is riding it hard and then cleaning it up. I'm amazed at how trashed it can get after riding in the rain for a few days. A wash later and good as new.  Works on my Springer. Expect same on the SG although first experience says lot more elbow grease.

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 20 queries.