Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: she's home!!! not for long????????  (Read 10788 times)

KaseyKahnefan

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Spiced Rum FLHXSE
Re: she's home!!! not for long????????
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2010, 08:36:29 PM »

So if I'm reading you right they are upping the Sale price by 3K and upping the trade by 3k. If that's the case you need not worry, the difference is the same... the tax would be the same, so the finance total will be the same and if the rate is the same... then the payment will be the same. It's the same deal for you!! Frankly they could just change their ACV (actual cash value) on the trade internally and get the same result because they are getting the same amount of cash from the banks advance... but it may be they need to show the bank you have more into the deal on paper...Looks like all you are doing is signing a new agreement so that the bank sees more equity in the deal... and frankly that has no impact on you... you won buddy!!
Example for those who are doubting.... 30000 - 15000 trade = 15000 balance...... likewise 33000 - 18000 trade is 15000 balance, but now he has 18 grand into the deal intead of 15k. It's all smoke and mirrors but if the bank buys it who cares... billy is fine and keeps his bike... the dealer ate the whole thing!!!

I don't think this is whats happening.....They are "doctoring" the papers to get the additional $3000 from him that he does not want to pay in cash. They told him AFTER THE DEAL WAS DONE they needed $3000 more down. If they were doing you example above there would be advantage for them or Billy. The way I read it is the are raising the difference price between his trade and the new bike by  3K then stretching the contract to lower the payment to make it attractive to him. What I'm saying if he adds all the payment together he will see how much he is paying for this bike with interest. With the 2011's out he could take this one back and go to a Honest MSRP Dealer and get a 2011 for $1500 less than this 2010. If the deal was the same difference price why the heck would they want him to sign new papers? There is no reason. The bank supposable said he needed $3,000 more down to do the deal, how, by making the deal numbers the same would they be satisfying that requirement? Billy clear this up for us...Are they financing $3,000 more on the new papers for a longer term? ONE MORE TIME..... Do not give back the original contract and send a copy of it to the State see what they have to say. If you give it back then you loose, it never existed. Slow down and remember, There are tons of dealers who are having trouble selling bikes so you are in the drivers seat. Believe it or not ....I'm on your side here.

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2010, 08:57:28 PM »

I wish i could have seen the original deal to compare to the new papers being sent,  but I have to say that some of the comments are probably freeking this poor soul out. The comments that follow are based on 28 years of retail automotive experience and dealing with conditional sales contract with lenders. I am also assuming that the dealer is not a crook and am giving him the benefit of the doubt. He made a mistake and seems to have found a way to make Billy whole without raising his payment, or collecting any more cash from him, but rather buy increasing his book value on the trade. So long as he is not stretching the term or raising the rate, i think he is eating his mistake and now need some paperwork redone to match his plan.

Here is a thought... He may (as per accounting rules in his state, like some provinces here in canada), not be able to book the trade at a higher value than what is on the bill of sale... again an assumption, but that would explain why the deal has to be re-written. If he is putting 3k more into the trade to help billy out, then he has to show it 3k higher on the bill... and so he doen't eat it twice, he has to keep the difference the same hence raise the selling price 3k too.

1. Correct me if i'm wrong, but sales tax in NE is calculated on the difference after the trade, not on the original sale price... yes? if the difference is the same then the tax payable will be the same... no tax fraud.

2. Many Dealers charge more than MSRP for bikes. Happens all the time. No fraud here.

3. There is a trade worth a considerable amount I assume. The bank is advancing far less than the value of the new bike so over allowing on the trade against an inflated sale price has no impact on them. (i'm assuming thier was no lien outstanding on the trade)

4. The dealer has likely not booked the deal with the bank yet. It's the only way he'd be able to send out new papers, unless he tried and got a held offering... requiring other chsanges anyway. His approval was likely a "payment call" or "Total amount finance approval", and if original deal was not booked and he is not asking for than was originally approved, the bank will have no complaint when the loan is over secured.

Billy, i agree with most everthing written to you so far. You seem like an honest guy, but i like to think the dealer ain't so bad either. I agree that you should get professional advice before you do anything, but while from a strictly legal perspective you are in the driver seat, I think you'll sleep better if the final outcome is a mutual agreement between you and the dealer.

NO WAY you foot the bill, but if you can help him while he's helping you... you should!

Anyway, as so much of all of this is speculation on my part, so i will bow out here... Billy you can PM me if you like.

I just would like to say that most times, dealers are only guilty of being human. When they make mistakes too many of us think it's something more sinister than that. How he fixes the mistake is how he should be evaluated.
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

billyo2222

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 cobalt blue/black traded
    • CVO2: 10 captain sesg sold
    • CVO3: 09 rocker c (not cvo) but custom to me!
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2010, 09:37:14 PM »

hdnik you are hitting the nail on the head! again for now it is speculation because i have not seen the paperwork. here is what i am gathering from the questions i asked about the deal on the phone the other day. my original deal $17,000 difference in trade, still owing $13,000 on my trade makes the financed amount $30,000. after the deal was done they said they found out they needed 10% down, hence the $3000. now according to the new deal (again waiting to see numbers) they are marking the new sesg up $3000 and showing another $3000 on my trade. this in turn is now showing $3000 more in equity in my trade and since the trade difference and payoff stays the same this now shows an additional $3000 down to make the lenders happy. I'm not sure why he said the payment was going down $5 a month will have to see the new contract. i don't think they can extend the contract length because i already maxed the term length for the lowest payment since Harley has such high intrest and i am going to refinance at my union pacific credit union when her dad finally gets a lone on the truck i am carrying him on. so again without seeing the contract these are the numbers and info i am going by. i will post as soon as i see new papers and let you guys know what's going on! again i want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart and i greatly appreciate everything!!!!!! AS I STATED BEFORE I ONLY HOPE SOME DAY TO MEET EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM AND BUY YOU GUYS AND GALS A DRINK :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :jalapeno:!!!!!!! this is the best and most informative website in the world!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 09:42:52 PM by billyo2222 »

billyo2222

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2010, 09:41:47 PM »

p.s. my only complaint about this forum is my wallet and bank account would be a whole lot fatter if i would quit looking at pictures and reading posts on here!!!!! ;D :jalapeno:

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2010, 10:01:11 PM »

I am no banker or lawyer therefore this still makes no sense to me, so I will wish you well and hope at the end of this all you are happy.  :2vrolijk_21:
Hawg

KaseyKahnefan

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2010, 10:29:36 PM »

I am no banker or lawyer therefore this still makes no sense to me, so I will wish you well and hope at the end of this all you are happy.  :2vrolijk_21:

+1 I agree Hawg...Have someone look over both contracts and compare them before you sign. Maybe your Credit Union will take a peak and shed some light on what they are doing.....I'm confused for sure. :nixweiss: I think if I were you I'd be doing lots of  :drink: Slow and steady and you will be OK. :2vrolijk_21:

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2010, 11:05:41 PM »

The math would work something like this:

Original deal net difference on trade $4k equity or ~ 10% as down payment

New deal net difference on trade $7k equity or ~ 20% as down payment

The stronger equity positon would enhance the scoring criteria for approval by the Underwriter of loan.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2010, 11:23:20 PM »

The math would work something like this:

Original deal net difference on trade $4k equity or ~ 10% as down payment

New deal net difference on trade $7k equity or ~ 20% as down payment

The stronger equity positon would enhance the scoring criteria for approval by the Underwriter of loan.

Exactly....except all occurring after the deal was done....to meet the lenders criteria, and to fool the lender by creating a new deal....after the bike was sold, delivered, insured, ridden and altered (all of which everyone in the bike/automobile buying world knows devalued the bike).
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2010, 11:28:02 PM »

Fascinating thread! Hope all ends well. I admire your honesty and desire to honor your end of the bargain. Hope the dealer does as well. Looking forward to a happy ending. Where are you staying at the rally?

billyo2222

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2010, 12:12:32 AM »

We camp just west of sturgis. There is that little town west of sturgis that has the golf course next to the road, we camp west of there about 2 moles on the south side of the road.

KaseyKahnefan

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2010, 10:50:30 AM »

we camp west of there about 2 moles on the south side of the road.

Is that the width of 2 mole hills or do you follow 2 moles to your camp site LOL! :huepfenjump3:

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2010, 10:53:49 AM »

We camp just west of sturgis. There is that little town west of sturgis that has the golf course next to the road, we camp west of there about 2 moles on the south side of the road.

Is that the width of 2 mole hills or do you follow 2 moles to your camp site LOL! :huepfenjump3:

They're prairie dogs, should have read "2 prairie dogs on the south of the road ".  ;D

billyo2222

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2010, 11:54:21 AM »

Actually you meet up with the 2 moles and they will take you 2 MILES to the 2 mole hills and you turn there to get to the 2 prairie dogs on the southside of the road ;D

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2010, 04:06:16 PM »

Are the Moles on the golf course?
Hawg

KaseyKahnefan

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2010, 07:53:07 PM »

Actually you meet up with the 2 moles and they will take you 2 MILES to the 2 mole hills and you turn there to get to the 2 prairie dogs on the southside of the road ;D

I know that spot! :pineapple: :pepper: :cucumber: :coolblue: :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 24 queries.