Author Topic: gopro  (Read 26251 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: gopro
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2011, 07:20:08 PM »

Are you able to pull stills out of the vids?

you can do stills or video
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2011, 03:37:15 AM »

Are you able to pull stills out of the vids?

Read the thread, didn't even know it was here.

Not 100% addressing just the top question, but a few others that I caught.  My thoughts might be a bit out of order here...

I'm using PowerDirector 10 to edit the vids, and it has a built in button that you can pull stills out of the video for the times you didn't use the cam in picture mode.  Not too expensive and has a ton of capability.  Also has the ability to render the project directly to Facebook or Youtube, etc...  However, the better way to go is to have two cams.  One in video and one in stills.  ::)

So far all my source material is from the GoPro Hero at 720p 60fps, but just swapped the cameras out for the new Hero 2, still not sure what mode I'll use.

Oh, and as for mounting, I've tried a few places.  Had not had issue with using the suction cup mount on the back corner of the tourpack.  Too much vibration if stuck to the saddle bag, although the pov was much better.  I've used the handle bar mount, the roll cage mount, even got the vented helmet strap wrapped around the tourpack rack.  I'll try to get some shots of mounting points on each bike for this thread later.

Been thinking of using the ram mounts listed on another forum (JC's alternate pastime).  For now trying a ton of locations.  Ultimately I'd like to have 3 or 4 of these things so I can get different pov to edit from.  One forward, one backwards, maybe one looking back at myself, and one for misc uses like stills, burst shots (teathered to my neck), chest mount...  I am toying with the helmet mount, but have not yet come to think I'll like having it stuck to my head.

So far my default mode of use on the springer is one mounted on the eng. guard for forward, and one mounted to the sissy bar peg looking backwards.

For the Ultra, having one mounted to the tourpack rack using the vented helmet strap (will have to get a pic to show how I got it on there) to allow the cam to shoot backward or off to the side (for scenic stills).  The other I've got on the suction cup so I can move it around on the go for more pov for final edit (tourpack, windshield, even stuck it right on the leading edge of the fairing which held at all speeds just below 100).  If you use the suction cup, after cleaning surface, I use some purple slice, I spray a slight bit of it into the suction cup before mounting.  Really helps it hold.  I've got a teather just in case tied to the mount in any case.  Also have not seen it mar my paint, leave any rings, etc, but I don't leave it stuck to the paint.

Ramble off...

I really got to stop posting when I'm tired. lol  :nixweiss:
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

Widows Son

• No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child - Shriners of America
  • Full CVO Member
  • narasimhalu.smugmug.com

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
    • Sanjay Narasimhalu Photography
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2011, 09:48:59 PM »

Love the GoPro HD. Mounted it on the handelbars and had lots of vibration but then moved to the engine guard and it worked great. Here is a link to several videoas with music of a trip we made to the Three Sisters in the hill country in Texas.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/7H97zWcf/Bandera_2011.html

I also bought a spare battery pack and used a usb charger in the 12V charger to charge the spare battery and swapped batteries as needed. A friend of mine mounted it up high above the tourpack - awesome view when its 4 feet in the air.

I tried various modes: 1080 than 720 (the Canyon ride - which worked well). Also tried a reverse cam look. BTW, 720 eliminates a significant amount of vibration...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 09:54:58 PM by Widows Son »

Wild 1 Chubby WO575
C&C seat
Dynojet Power Vision
Jackpot 2-1-2 header
V&H Hi-Output
J&M 250W amp + 7.25" Speakers
Chrome Agitators
Harley Goodies floorboard extensions
Wheeldock EZ-up centerstand
Klock Werks 8.5"
Boogey Lights - 126 LEDs
3M Armor
Kury LED Headlight
Brukus saddlebag & seat hardware
Gizmos: GoPro HD, SPOT

kerb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2011, 06:30:06 PM »

once i figure out how i'm mounting it i'll post some pics and vids

You could always mount it to the top of your helmet.
Don't laugh; I know a guy who did just that.  He will probably never get laid again.  :P

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2011, 03:48:46 PM »

You could always mount it to the top of your helmet.
Don't laugh; I know a guy who did just that.  He will probably never get laid again.  :P

Good bet!
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2012, 10:18:58 AM »

Hey Neal, so after some time with the camera, how do you like it and what mount for the bike did you like best? I'm thinking of getting one before the spring riding starts and use it on the bikes and ATVs.

Craig

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2012, 10:22:04 AM »

Hey Neal, so after some time with the camera, how do you like it and what mount for the bike did you like best? I'm thinking of getting one before the spring riding starts and use it on the bikes and ATVs.

Craig

You don't have to wait for the spring.  I heard they have ridge riding in the snow there in Colo. ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2012, 01:55:56 PM »

Craig

the mount i built works best for me a combination of a techmount on the crash bar plus a 3rd party gopro mount

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2012, 03:53:07 PM »

You don't have to wait for the spring.  I heard they have ridge riding in the snow there in Colo. ;D
Oh we get some riding in during the winter, it was 60 hear yesterday, but not in the areas I like to ride they spread to much sand on the back roads and I'm not ridge riding even if there was no snow, that guy was nuts!!

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »

the mount i built works best for me a combination of a techmount on the crash bar plus a 3rd party gopro mount
Thanks, so you still like it ? Any issues?

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2012, 04:04:07 PM »

had the battery act strange out west last summer, think it was heat related but its been working fine since i got home from that trip. got a nice video on the dragon

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2012, 04:13:38 PM »

Nice! We have our own version of the Dragon out here a back road up in the hills between the Poudre Canyon and a little town by me called Masonville, a few of the turns are posted at 10 and 15 MPH, plus it's some beautiful scenery. It one of the places I want to take the GoPro. So the bar mount was to big for you crash bars?

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2012, 04:15:51 PM »

with the lowers on i dont think the gopro bar mount will work

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2012, 04:50:07 PM »

had the battery act strange out west last summer, think it was heat related but its been working fine since i got home from that trip. got a nice video on the dragon

Nice video Neal! Glad to see you avoided the cop stop at 57 seconds in!

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2012, 08:20:41 PM »

with the lowers on i dont think the gopro bar mount will work
Lowers, what are lowers??? ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 20 queries.